• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

I think we are too slow on the trigger for our transfers; De Ligt, Ndombele, and Brooks. All players that we have been linked with and all who would have improved the team. Yet the club has stood still until those players are no longer realistic targets or their fees have escalated hugely.
I know our spend over the past year doesn't back it up but typically "richer clubs" are willing to be the next club down the chain for more certainty they will come good. With the increase in TV money it will be more and more difficult to do that with English based teams (£100m for Miguer), but there is still the desire to have more mature players, less risky so perhaps from abroad?

'Maguire' would be wonderful, but he is not a team(game) changer for us, so I don't see £100m.

Also, TV money, not sure it will continue to rise.

This is something I noticed over January (in general, so nothing personal!), but I think we really need to take stock of the side.

What it is, what it is capable of and where it needs to be.

The answer is, for me, we are at a level now where we are looking to take 4 competitions seriously.

Which means there can be no "first choice" or "first 11" and only "The Squad". We need 22(ish) first teamers, not an obvious 1st/2nd hierachy.

And yet many of us are stuck in that meteorology, of what the club WAS rather than IS. We as fans need to shake that off.

Richarlison, as is the example, would get a game pretty well every week once the season is in full swing. Starting and off the bench. We will be looking to win every game, PL, CL, cups... And we will need a group of players able to deliver that.

You talk from an ideal world. Not many teams have 22 first teamers, I would argue Emirates Marketing Project don't either. Liverpool certainly don't. You will never have players of a certain quality willing to sit on the bench.

Son world class? He hasnt had a single season of top level consistency yet, he has always done it in patches of a good streak for a month or two then goes cold. This season he has the potential to deliver more consistently, but he is not world class yet at all....

Yep Son is world class

You talk from an ideal world. Not many teams have 22 first teamers, I would argue Emirates Marketing Project don't either. Liverpool certainly don't. You will never have players of a certain quality willing to sit on the bench.

Theres a scale, its not an absolute.

We need more first teamers, and less squad players.

Players that are good enough to deliver in any game.

Someone like Richarlison (again, only as that was the example) would be a great addition in this respect. And Id guarantee he would get regular games.

Opinions, obviously, but I think youd be hard pressed to make an argument that Moura or Lamela have performed better for us this season than Richarlison for Everton.

He is Evertons main man and his season barely stacks up to be better than theirs in terms of goals and assists and thats two bit part players. I get people will say Everton are a lesser side etc, but for them to both do as much with more bit part roles speaks volumes for me. In my opinion people went OTT on one basic season at Everton and the fact he is Brazillian.

He is Evertons main man and his season barely stacks up to be better than theirs in terms of goals and assists and thats two bit part players. I get people will say Everton are a lesser side etc, but for them to both do as much with more bit part roles speaks volumes for me. In my opinion people went OTT on one basic season at Everton and the fact he is Brazillian.

Theirs who? Lamela and Moura?

PL:
Richarlison - 10 goals 1 assist (22 starts [1 sub], 11 as striker)
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/317804/Show/Richarlison

Lamela - 4 goals 2 assist (7 starts [8 sub])

Moura - 6 goals (17 starts [4 sub], 7 as striker)

I think that qualifies as better than "barely stacks up", but of course - all about opinions.

I think it is notable he is notably younger too.

I couldnt give a toss that he is Brazilian.

I thought he was over hyped at Watford and Everton paid a lot of money for him.

He is showing more to his game at Everton, growing, and IMHO has a pretty high ceiling at this point.

Since being at Everton I think he has done a decent job and stand by the opinion he would be a welcome addition to the squad who would likely bump those two down the order.

Theirs who? Lamela and Moura?

PL:
Richarlison - 10 goals 1 assist (22 starts [1 sub], 11 as striker)
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/317804/Show/Richarlison

Lamela - 4 goals 2 assist (7 starts [8 sub])

Moura - 6 goals (17 starts [4 sub], 7 as striker)

4 goals and 2 assists is a by far better output from a bit part player than 1+1 in double the games as the main man, thats why I say I don't think it stacks up, I don't care of his age I would want more for £50m regardless of age. My Brazil comment was not aimed at you, more a generalisation but I do believe the hype shown is down to being Brazilian than anything. Far better players in the league doing their bits and getting nowhere near the mentions.

I dont really want to get into a lengthly debate about the merits of Richarlison, to be honest.

He was simply the example in the conversation so I used him.

Personally Id have him over Lamela, all things being equal, but thats not even really the point.

The point is that we need more quality in the squad, instead of thinking in terms of "first team" and "backup"

Isn't that the role we bought Moura for? And Son and Lamela already perform

Of all our needs, AM is the last place we need to address at the moment
As I said I’m not advocating signing him as a priority but Son is the only player we have who has demonstrated he can cover / replace or even rotate with Kane. In terms of his ability, which is what I was debating (I completely agree and have stated elsewhere that the front 4 positions has the least scope for improvement) he’s shown as much in this league as Moura, at a younger age and Lamela, who regardless of what I think his limitations are can’t string together a run of games due to his fitness issues so he’s not someone I’d be overly concerned about upgrading.

Dabo at Nantes, sign him in the summer and loan him back for all of next season. Job done no more signings needed in the summer bada bing bada boom.

It'd be a tad disappointing if we were to throw that kind of money at Brooks, I guess you can't be first to every bright young talent and you never know how strongly we may have been in for him but still....Have liked the look of him, don't think he'd be best served coming to us in the summer.

As for Aarons, I haven't seen him play but would rather show some faith in KWP, if the Norwich player really is ready to compete it could enable Walker-Peters to get a proper seasons football out on loan next season though.

Aarons looks great. I do feel a touch guilty though like we'd be cheating on KWP by bringing the lad in.

Back