• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Yes, HG-quota is a good prediction tool, because we know that the Club must be keeping an eye on this too. I don't think Conte is counting on either Gil or Sarr this season, and GLC/Ndombele are certainly not in his plans. So 1 must be the number right now - post-Lenglet. If we assume that we still have money left to make one more signature signing (Bremer, ideally Bastoni?), which I think we do, you would assume that both Emerson and Reguilon are pencilled in to leave. Unless that signature signing is HG, but if that's the case, they have done a stellar job of keeping things quiet.

Something like Moura out and Gordon in would make a lot of sense from this perspective.

Has been reported at least that Conte wants two new centre backs. With Lenglet likely coming in I think us going for one more looks at least somewhat likely.

But could be that we'll be happy with only Lenglet.

Rodon will be gone i think.

I think that's quite likely too.

Has been reported at least that Conte wants two new centre backs. With Lenglet likely coming in I think us going for one more looks at least somewhat likely.

But could be that we'll be happy with only Lenglet.

I think that's quite likely too.
And possibly Tanga too. I think we’ll get in as many CBs as bodies that go out.

I think overall it's just about having the money to do what we want when we want.

I don't think Paratici or Conte is going to spend it just because we have it ie for the sake of it. If they get their targets and the squad is how they want it, they are happy. Of course, having more can elevate the quality of player you are after.

Future windows all need financing.

The irony is, the mantra was 'he (Levy) better back the manager' but if we offload who we need to the net spend is not going to be ridiculous.

That said, I still think that will would still be opportunistic if something falls in our lap.

Definitely agree with that. No point spending more just to spend.

More speculating about what kind of financial room we could have for an opportunistic signing. Or perhaps the possibility that we are already working on something that hasn't leaked to the press through credible sources so far at least.

And possibly Tanga too. I think we’ll get in as many CBs as bodies that go out.

If tanga and winks go that would leave us with only 3 club trained (assuming one of the gks is). So we won't be able to replace one. Unless we brought in madueke.

Not that we really need to replace them.

If tanga and winks go that would leave us with only 3 club trained (assuming one of the gks is). So we won't be able to replace one. Unless we brought in madueke.

Not that we really need to replace them.
As long as NDombele, GLC, Reggie, Emerson, Rodon and Bergwijn leave as expected, I think we’ll be fine for the non-HG limit. Unless I’m wrong here or at best, assuming too much!

My expected squad come the end of the window below (those I expect to leave in brackets). I make that 16 non-HG by CL definition, so wiggle room for another…
  • Lloris, Forster, Austin
  • Doherty, Spence, (Royal)
  • Sanchez, Romero, Dier, Davies, Bremer, Lenglet (Rodon, Tanganga)
  • Perisic, Sessegnon, (Reguilon)
  • Hojbjerg, Skipp, Bentancur, Bissouma (Winks, GLC, N’Dombele)
  • Richarlison, Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Moura

As long as NDombele, GLC, Reggie, Emerson, Rodon and Bergwijn leave as expected, I think we’ll be fine for the non-HG limit. Unless I’m wrong here or at best, assuming too much!

Not talking about non homegrown. For the pl we need 4 club trained players in the squad to have a full squad. We have tanganga, skipp, winks, kane and probably one of the back up gks. So if tanganga and winks leave that means we can only have a 24 man squad. Only players that have been at tottenham for 3 years before 21 are classed as club trained. Academy players won't count as they are u21. Madueke, and edwards are the only ones i can think of that would be club trained if we wanted to bring them in. Or we just go with a 24 man squad.

Not talking about non homegrown. For the pl we need 4 club trained players in the squad to have a full squad. We have tanganga, skipp, winks, kane and probably one of the back up gks. So if tanganga and winks leave that means we can only have a 24 man squad. Only players that have been at tottenham for 3 years before 21 are classed as club trained. Academy players won't count as they are u21. Madueke, and edwards are the only ones i can think of that would be club trained if we wanted to bring them in. Or we just go with a 24 man squad.

Why do we need a full squad? It's not an issue if whichever of Devine, Scarlett, White or Parrott etc. end up filling up squad places 23-25 are not old enough to need to be counted

Gomez at Liverpool wouldn’t be a bad replacement…

We should be all over Nathan Collins

I think both would be good, but not sure Liverpool would be open to selling Gomez and selling him to us. Not sure either player would be happy coming here as I would assume both would want regular starts.

For Gomez, why leave being a squad player for Liverpool to be a squad player for us. For Collins surely he would want and need a role more or less as a starting player to keep up his development.

Why do we need a full squad? It's not an issue if whichever of Devine, Scarlett, White or Parrott etc. end up filling up squad places 23-25 are not old enough to need to be counted

I said that we didn't need to replace them. It's our choice if we do or not. Was just making people aware of the situation.

I think that's a possibility at the very least.

Still a lot of time left of the window of course so not any acute rush to sell. But would be good to get some more movement.

My expected squad come the end of the window below (those I expect to leave in brackets). I make that 16 non-HG by CL definition, so wiggle room for another…
  • Lloris, Forster, Austin
  • Doherty, Spence, (Royal)
  • Sanchez, Romero, Dier, Davies, Bremer, Lenglet (Rodon, Tanganga)
  • Perisic, Sessegnon, (Reguilon)
  • Hojbjerg, Skipp, Bentancur, Bissouma (Winks, GLC, N’Dombele)
  • Richarlison, Kane, Son, Kulusevski, Moura

That seems to add up, cheers.

Would mean that one of Emerson or Reguilon could stay. Or keeping either Sarr or Gil around if they do well in preseason.

Either way that should bring in a fair bit of money.

Looks a bit heavy on the centre back front to me. Will be a player or two there not getting much game time unless we have proper injury problems. I'm assuming we're not going to rotate that much at centre back.

I think there's a chance Sanchez goes if we sign two centre backs with one of them as high profile as Bremer.

Ah I see your point. My squad above only has 23 in it. I’m not sure 100% we need another two HG faces with a squad of that quality and depth but I can understand why you’d be pushing for it.

Ah I see your point. My squad above only has 23 in it. I’m not sure 100% we need another two HG faces with a squad of that quality and depth but I can understand why you’d be pushing for it.

Not pushing for it. Just pointing out the situation. We will have 12 on the bench for cl games though.

surprised there wasn't at least a tweet or something to acknowledge it.
There was. But it was very subtle. See if I can dig it up.
Edit. Can't find it, but I know I've seen it. It was just a picture of the new signings and Romero. No statement IIRC.

Last edited:
There was. But it was very subtle. See if I can dig it up.
Edit. Can't find it, but I know I've seen it. It was just a picture of the new signings and Romero. No statement IIRC.

Ah right, might have been the one I saw where I thought more would be made of it, IIRC we tweeted that GLC had been signed permanently when that was activated.

Back