• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Why would we have no money? Since we’ve moved in to the stadium we’ve spent about 75m net each season, what is changing in the next couple of years (other than a Covid free, full stadium) that means we’ll have less money, let alone no money?
1. We have been spending money by taking on more debt. I’m not sure it’s healthy for us take on any more.
2. We have to account £40m+ for Romero in this next window and perhaps another £30m for Kulusevski (unless we punt that off until the summer after).
3. Unfortunately the projected financials just don’t support big spending, so unless the owners are pumping money in (and history tells us that is unlikely) I don’t see where the money would come from.

1. We have been spending money by taking on more debt. I’m not sure it’s healthy for us take on any more.
2. We have to account £40m+ for Romero in this next window and perhaps another £30m for Kulusevski (unless we punt that off until the summer after).
3. Unfortunately the projected financials just don’t support big spending, so unless the owners are pumping money in (and history tells us that is unlikely) I don’t see where the money would come from.
They won’t be deals that mean we have to pay those sums in one hit

They won’t be deals that mean we have to pay those sums in one hit
Very few deals require paying for in one hit…. However, on the flip side we’ll still be paying for our signings from 2021 and (likely) 2019.

All I’m doing is looking at the likely revenue numbers and wondering where the money is coming from.

Very few deals require paying for in one hit…. However, on the flip side we’ll still be paying for our signings from 2021 and (likely) 2019.

All I’m doing is looking at the likely revenue numbers and wondering where the money is coming from.

We've taken on debt due to covid. Lost over £200m in revenue (according to levy and swiss ramble) yet our loses are less than that £148m. So without covid we could have made £52m profit over the 2 seasons. The debt is repayable over the next 30 years.

Full stadium, events etc... we should be good.

We've taken on debt due to covid. Lost over £200m in revenue (according to levy and swiss ramble) yet our loses are less than that £148m. So without covid we could have made £52m profit over the 2 seasons. The debt is repayable over the next 30 years.

Full stadium, events etc... we should be good.
that isn’t really a huge level of profit, not one that supports huge spending on top of Romero and Kulusevski.

that isn’t really a huge level of profit, not one that supports huge spending on top of Romero and Kulusevski.

That was while having a net spend of £142m those 2 seasons. We have a large amount of cash in the bank and will be getting more money from getir and roughly an extra £20m a year from the nbc tv deal. There is money to spend. I agree it won't be huge on top of kulu and romero. But there will be some and we can get some cheap buys (due to contracts being run down) and sales.

You never know we might even get a stadium naming rights deal. Although i wouldn't hold my breath.

How long for, if it was for a season as back up I’m not sure the issue?
Gedson. Its just another example of how Mendes was getting us to do 'favours' for him under Mourinho - in this case parking a player 10 years past when he was any good with us, for whatever money and purposes that it benefited purely Mendes. And Gedson

Back