• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Ok, but leicester can't use a rumour as a basis of an official complaint. There will be lawyers involved. They'd need evidence. Or just be laughed at.

Also agreeing personal terms does not mean a contract has been signed.

Who is suggesting they use a rumour for an official complaint? Of course they need evidence, the point is if that's what is what has gone on - Chelsea talking to Forfana to the point that they've agreed terms - then Leicester would have grounds to do so (if they have any evidence, for those at the back)

Also agreeing personal terms is prerty well known short hand for the clubs people talking to the players people and agreeing everything in principle wrt contracts and just waiting to sign.

Who is suggesting they use a rumour for an official complaint? Of course they need evidence, the point is if that's what is what has gone on - Chelsea talking to Forfana to the point that they've agreed terms - then Leicester would have grounds to do so (if they have any evidence, for those at the back)

Also agreeing personal terms is prerty well known short hand for the clubs people talking to the players people and agreeing everything in principle wrt contracts and just waiting to sign.

You said this.
Unless Leicester make a complaint about it then I would assume they have allowed the player to talk to Chelsea.

That or the info that personal terms have been agreed is bogus

Just pointing out neither has to be true. The player could have agreed terms with chelsea without leicester allowing it or making a complaint.

Chelsea is good at player trading. Fofana is going to strengthen them and they don't seem to have any problems shifting whoever.

Chelsea is good at player trading. Fofana is going to strengthen them and they don't seem to have any problems shifting whoever.

Winning stuff means other teams will want your players even if they are fringe. They have the best academy too. Lukaku is an issue though. They'll take a hit on him and his wages.

It’s easier when you can just write off losses though. How much have Lukaku, Werner and Pulisic cost them and how much will they get from their sales?

i know we are in the same boat with Ndombele and Lo Celso, but no one would describe our player trading as good until the last year maybe?

Then leicester need to make a complaint. They'd have to prove it though.
There is no illegal approach to the player. Club talks to an agent of multiple players.

Agent: What sort of money do you think your club would pay for player X
Club: Depends on what transfer fee we had to pay for him but we'd probably be looking at £100k a week basic and £50k bonuses for that sort of player.
Agent: I think that sort of player would probably be looking for something clower to £200k including bonuses.
Club: We would probably stretch to that if the transfer fee was under £60million.
Agent: Interesting.... (buying club or agent then free to leak to the press that personal terms are agreed for player X)

There is no illegal approach to the player. Club talks to an agent of multiple players.

Agent: What sort of money do you think your club would pay for player X
Club: Depends on what transfer fee we had to pay for him but we'd probably be looking at £100k a week basic and £50k bonuses for that sort of player.
Agent: I think that sort of player would probably be looking for something clower to £200k including bonuses.
Club: We would probably stretch to that if the transfer fee was under £60million.
Agent: Interesting.... (buying club or agent then free to leak to the press that personal terms are agreed for player X)

Yes that would be difficult to prove. Having a picture of your player on the yacht of another clubs owner (without your permission) would be proof though. That they were tapping up. Or having dinner in a restaurant.

Last edited:
It’s easier when you can just write off losses though. How much have Lukaku, Werner and Pulisic cost them and how much will they get from their sales?

i know we are in the same boat with Ndombele and Lo Celso, but no one would describe our player trading as good until the last year maybe?
The write-offs might not be as palatable going forward.

They do do very well at profiting from academy and loan player sales though ...they'll want (need) to keep that going

Even though Ancelotti has stated they will not replace Casemiero due to the amount of players in that position they have, twitter rumours are still surfacing about Hojberg to Madrid.

Even though Ancelotti has stated they will not replace Casemiero due to the amount of players in that position they have, twitter rumours are still surfacing about Hojberg to Madrid.

Good. Might make the fans that think he's crap think twice.

Every team does it. Was watching talksport the day before yesterday. Danny murphy was shocked utd hadn't agreed personal terms with rabiot before making a bid. He said thats the first things clubs do, to see if it's worthwhile making a bid. Simon did have a little dig saying it was against the rules and they both laughed that off.
Thing is these days agents represent, clubs, players, managers. Even if you had photos of a players agent with another clubs chairman. Unless the conversation was recorded, it's impossible to prove they were talking about a transfer of your player.

You can't agree terms without permission though. Why you and the press now think it's rife is that there is now a trend where clubs allow players to agree terms before negotiations on fees have taken place, but there is within there still the consent to.

Outside of that its still tapping up

You can't agree terms without permission though. Why you and the press now think it's rife is that there is now a trend where clubs allow players to agree terms before negotiations on fees have taken place, but there is within there still the consent to.

Outside of that its still tapping up

So danny murphy and simon jordan don't know what they're talking about?

So danny murphy and simon jordan don't know what they're talking about?

Haha not sure it causes for such a prickly response but that said I will answer. I have not said anywhere that they do not know what they are talking about but as one of my best mates in a high profile agent and I have worked for the PL for a year there are more than one view point and facts TBH. And there are 100% now a change in dynamics where deals work backwards in some instances where to save time parts that can be agreed are agreed first and not in an order like they were in previous years. Previous negotiations for a fee would happen first say for 3 weeks and then for a contract in a lineal order, but that could than mean 4 weeks for the deal if the contract negotiation took a week. Now clubs like to work on a basis that the contract can be negotiated at the same time so that once the last negotiation ends, say thats the fee in my previous example, the deals then done in 3 not 4 weeks. Both ways still exist though and clubs can reserve the right for a player not to talk to another club EVEN when negotiating the deal with said club. The key is there right of passage lies with the club owning the player

If a club however is not allowing this and has no intention to sell then anything is tapping up, I don't care about it being proved and I am not getting into that but sticking to the facts of how deals are done, if a club is talking to a player thats a tap up.

Last edited:

£210M ish,,.

and they may get back half of that

Nope because some fans believe a player is either world class or brick with no inbetween. This will confise them.

I don't think peh is crap, but i also don't see what a lot of others see in him.
He's what I think of as old spurs, probably slightly too good for us 10 years ago but now not quite good enough.
But fans don't think rationally, its what we do.

Back