• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Since you addressed none of the points in my post you quoted I'll just add this.

I see this as a summer window of signing functional players. Players that can bring the best out of what we already have, players that can add what we're missing. If they're affordable and seem likely to adapt quickly that ticks more boxes.

For me Hojbjerg ticks a lot more boxes than Ward Prowse. We have players of a similar mould to Ward Prowse in both Lo Celso and Winks even though there are obviously some standout areas where Ward Prowse is better.

We have no one in Hojbjerg's mould after Dier became a centre back. We use Sissoko repeatedly even though Mourinho said he's not playing him in his natural position. Because we don't have a player like Hojbjerg.

It is probably worth remembering that he only lost the captaincy and his place at Southampton after refusing a new contract and making it clear that he wanted to leave this summer which suggests that Hasenhüttl doesn't think that Ward-Prowse is a better DM.

Since you addressed none of the points in my post you quoted I'll just add this.

I see this as a summer window of signing functional players. Players that can bring the best out of what we already have, players that can add what we're missing. If they're affordable and seem likely to adapt quickly that ticks more boxes.

For me Hojbjerg ticks a lot more boxes than Ward Prowse. We have players of a similar mould to Ward Prowse in both Lo Celso and Winks even though there are obviously some standout areas where Ward Prowse is better.

We have no one in Hojbjerg's mould after Dier became a centre back. We use Sissoko repeatedly even though Mourinho said he's not playing him in his natural position. Because we don't have a player like Hojbjerg.
As I’ve said Holdberg isn’t a ms good defensively as ward prowse yet we’re buying him for his defensive abilities.... hence my comments
It’s like buying a jockey rather than the race horse

Who in our squad would you partner Ward Prowse with? Who in a midfield three?
I wouldn’t
I’d partner him with winks in a 2 and Lo Celso just in front (when he isn’t injured)
That way we get two players who can pass in the middle and they both can actually tackle
I’ll add again that I’m not anti Holdberg if he is one we want but I’d like a Player who can pass there first and foremost
And their isn’t any chance their selling ward prowse, but I also think neverton will offer silly money for Holdberg

Their old DOF made it clear he was the man and they had a strategy to buy against a model they had
The manger had no say in it hence why they churn through managers

Do you have links to that?

I did a search on a few where Mourinho claims to age followed players like Van Ginkel for “some time”

I wouldn’t
I’d partner him with winks in a 2 and Lo Celso just in front (when he isn’t injured)
That way we get two players who can pass in the middle and they both can actually tackle
I’ll add again that I’m not anti Holdberg if he is one we want but I’d like a Player who can pass there first and foremost
And their isn’t any chance their selling ward prowse, but I also think neverton will offer silly money for Holdberg
Sorry, got that wrong when I typed it, meant in a two and then in a three so you answered what I tried to say.

I have a strong affinity for players that are footballers first myself. I break out into some kind of allergic reaction when I see its playing central midfielders that can't pass and move with purpose.

But if they won't sell Ward Prowse why when bring him up? We know this is a summer of limited funds and several areas to strengthen. We could also compare Hojbjerg to a bunch of other players that are unrealistic targets.

Secondly I think Mourinho wants at least one physical central midfielder. He's seemingly always had that preference. And looking how he has its set up now it makes a lot of sense I think. There are systems where what you suggest could definitely work, I don't think a Mourinho system is that system. We need players that fit in to what he wants to do.

View attachment 9016
Google them
Their are loads
He was arrogant about it
His name is Michael Emenalo and be basically took on the Arneseb role but later than him and also managed the youth “buying and parking” model they use

It’s funny because I did google and Mourinho takes credit for likes of Atsu, Felipe and Van Ginkel amongst others during his 2nd terms.

Seems slightly odd to claim credit for players you had no input in signing?

Sorry, got that wrong when I typed it, meant in a two and then in a three so you answered what I tried to say.

I have a strong affinity for players that are footballers first myself. I break out into some kind of allergic reaction when I see its playing central midfielders that can't pass and move with purpose.

But if they won't sell Ward Prowse why when bring him up? We know this is a summer of limited funds and several areas to strengthen. We could also compare Hojbjerg to a bunch of other players that are unrealistic targets.

Secondly I think Mourinho wants at least one physical central midfielder. He's seemingly always had that preference. And looking how he has its set up now it makes a lot of sense I think. There are systems where what you suggest could definitely work, I don't think a Mourinho system is that system. We need players that fit in to what he wants to do.
£25m IMO could be spent in better players
Holdberg seems the easy option and as I say I think we will be outbid by Everton. I’d rather pay more for someone like Zokaria who can do it all and with pace and passing

Mourinho has shown a lot of flexibility in his system if not his line up and that’s encouraging.

It’s funny because I did google and Mourinho takes credit for likes of Atsu, Felipe and Van Ginkel amongst others during his 2nd terms.

Seems slightly odd to claim credit for players you had no input in signing?

he was the DOF
It was his job
There are a lot of interviews of him too that were doing the rounds when he left
Strangely he ain’t employed anymore after doing the job at two moneybags clubs

he was the DOF
It was his job
There are a lot of interviews of him too that were doing the rounds when he left
Strangely he ain’t employed anymore after doing the job at two moneybags clubs

I think it’s fanciful to believe Mourinho had no input into any of the signings, think near on 30 in his second spell at Chelsea. Especially when he lauded his own involvement in many of them

Holdberg seems the easy option and as I say I think we will be outbid by Everton. I’d rather pay more for someone like Zokaria who can do it all and with pace and passing

Mourinho has shown a lot of flexibility in his system if not his line up and that’s encouraging.

Its like he has a proper plan and knows what he's doing. Very alien to this Spurs fan but we won't get too carried away.

I think it’s fanciful to believe Mourinho had no input into any of the signings, think near on 30 in his second spell at Chelsea. Especially when he lauded his own involvement in many of them
Can’t say I’ve ever heard him laud it as you say but he would definitely had some say
It’s his job to request a player by role and position and then normally the club decide

I'm guessing if we sign Hojbjerg it's because of his experience in the PL and that we think he will adapt quicker. I'm sure there are players around with a higher potential, but getting more well known quantities in that have a better chance of hitting the ground running has a lot of value at this point for us.

I'm guessing if we sign Hojbjerg it's because of his experience in the PL and that we think he will adapt quicker. I'm sure there are players around with a higher potential, but getting more well known quantities in that have a better chance of hitting the ground running has a lot of value at this point for us.
I don’t think we will sign him
We will be outbid by Everton IMO
We have a ceiling we will pay and I don’t think we will go above it

Can’t say I’ve ever heard him laud it as you say but he would definitely had some say
It’s his job to request a player by role and position and then normally the club decide

Fair enough, I class saying he has tracked a player they signed for years is him lauding his own involvement with the signing.

Point is he would have made mistakes in market no doubt, no point pretending he hasn’t.

So the original point that someone saying Holberg isn’t much cop and he is because Hose might want him isn’t full proof

Fair enough, I class saying he has tracked a player they signed for years is him lauding his own involvement with the signing.

Point is he would have made mistakes in market no doubt, no point pretending he hasn’t.

So the original point that someone saying Holberg isn’t much cop and he is because Hose might want him isn’t full proof
No I was saying Jose knows more about what we require than any fans do. Does that mean he’s never made a bad signing? Of course not. But I’ll back the guy that’s won everything several times over to know what types of players we need to win, over a load of armchair fans who like to act like they know what they’re talking about, but in reality don’t even come close to knowing all the intricacies required to achieve anything in the game....

Wonder if we might see us renew our reported interest in Josh King with Bournemouth going down.

Could play with Kane, could be a backup for Kane, can play wide as an option. Quick enough, fairly strong, fairly good, wouldn't cost a fortune, PL proven.

Wonder if we might see us renew our reported interest in Josh King with Bournemouth going down.

Could play with Kane, could be a backup for Kane, can play wide as an option. Quick enough, fairly strong, fairly good, wouldn't cost a fortune, PL proven.
Think Bournemouth will charge a kings ransom for players

they will lose ake/Fraser and that’s it unless silly money

No I was saying Jose knows more about what we require than any fans do. Does that mean he’s never made a bad signing? Of course not. But I’ll back the guy that’s won everything several times over to know what types of players we need to win, over a load of armchair fans who like to act like they know what they’re talking about, but in reality don’t even come close to knowing all the intricacies required to achieve anything in the game....

Yeh but then like I said not all managers can spot a decent player and I think you would be lucky to find one with a 50% strike rate on successful signings.

Managing a team yeh I agree, having eyes in your head to see if a player is poor or not I think many could give it a go.

Back