• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

My first thoughts when I read that, except the "best" bit, was Southall and Shilton. Why England persisted with Shilton in goal for so long is beyond me! Towards the end of his England career, his feet where still on the ground when he tried to jump!
Shilton was terrible in the 90 World Cup, it’s a real shame as it’s tainted his legacy a bit. He was one of, if not the, best goalkeepers in the world at one point.

Shilton was terrible in the 90 World Cup, it’s a real shame as it’s tainted his legacy a bit. He was one of, if not the, best goalkeepers in the world at one point.
I called it before that penalty shootout with Germany, the only keeper ever to stay on his line and only dive once the kick is taken. Useless. Think Beasent was on the bench and should have come on?

I would really like Buendía at Spurs. He can really pick a pass - something we are lacking in the final third. I thought he was older, but at this age he should join our Argie contingent.

Very good player who would do well here, my son in law is a Norwich ST holder and he says he is a very good player (his words were he is too good for Norwich) only young and a hard worker who has the assists to show it.

Norwich had the basis of a very good team, had they a few more players with experience I think they would have stayed up.

It's a shame for them but they have a few players for the picking

Norwich had the basis of a very good team, had they a few more players with experience I think they would have stayed up.

It's a shame for them but they have a few players for the picking
Were never gonna stay up with no decent CBS or anyone in midfield with a defensive back bone
Shame because their football was great to watch

Last edited:
Not sure if I missed it elsewhere, another DM? (Jose to play two DM's and hit on counter?)

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/tottenham-very-interested-in-ibrahim-sangare-tottenham/

Tottenham very interested in Ibrahim Sangaré (Toulouse)

Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur have intense interest in Ivorian midfielder and Toulouse man Ibrahim Sangaré, according to our colleague Mohamed Toubache-TER.

Spurs have been following the 22-year-old for an extended period of time, but there is nothing concrete at the moment.

Les Violets do not feel under pressure to sell him, but if they were to come to the negotiating table, a fee of between €15m to €20m excluding bonuses will be the target.

Not sure if I missed it elsewhere, another DM? (Jose to play two DM's and hit on counter?)

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/tottenham-very-interested-in-ibrahim-sangare-tottenham/

Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur have intense interest in Ivorian midfielder and Toulouse man Ibrahim Sangaré, according to our colleague Mohamed Toubache-TER.

Spurs have been following the 22-year-old for an extended period of time, but there is nothing concrete at the moment.

Les Violets do not feel under pressure to sell him, but if they were to come to the negotiating table, a fee of between €15m to €20m excluding bonuses will be the target.

Yes yes yes yes

I hope this is true, perfect for us. Also a year left on his contract.

PEH has described himself as more forward thinking that can play DM for the team, so not necessarily two DMs. One DM and one fluid MF (whoop, we have a new over analysis position type!!)

Again we need to improve our scouting and or bring in the DoF at Lille.

Who did Toulouse buy this guy from? Like ndombele and some others we should be finding them first, before Toulouse or Lyon got them.

That way they cost €3m Instead of €20m-€60m.

A lot of people need to be sacked imo and new scouts brought in. Who found nkoudou, njie etc? Why didnt they find this Toulouse guy and ndombele before Lyon bought him? If they are still here sack them now please.

Again we need to improve our scouting and or bring in the DoF at Lille.

Who did Toulouse buy this guy from? Like ndombele and some others we should be finding them first, before Toulouse or Lyon got them.

That way they cost €3m Instead of €20m-€60m.

A lot of people need to be sacked imo and new scouts bought in. Who found nkoudou, njie etc? Why didnt they find this Toulouse guy and ndombele before Lyon bought him? If they are still here sack them now please.

Also, How come none of these French teams like Lille, Nice, Toulouse ever keep a good batch of players together for more than a season and make a decent run at the title? Its like they are happy with the model of selling for profit and maintaining their existence. I know its easier said than done but at least once you would think one of these teams could mount a challenge one year.

Back