• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Their first 11 next season will not IMO have one starter from the youth team
There is a possibility of the Scottish lad they got from rangers but they think he needs to grow a bit
mount and Abraham will be bench players
And Odoi will barely play
Reece James will be the one if any who steps up IMO

Mount and Tomori would get in to a lot of teams, including ours at present. Realistically they've also got Abraham, Hudson Odoi and James like you say which isn't bad. I reckon Odoi will play a fair bit unless he's unlucky with injuries...I do like Loftus Cheek too and if he was anywhere else (apart from the arse) he could be a hidden gem this window. Gilmore has looked quite competent too but is maybe due to be added to the Chelsea farmyard of loan players?

To compete we have the likes of Kane, Winks, Tanganga, Skipp, could say Cirkin but I legit have not seen him play. It's not terrible when you consider the likes of KWP, Smith and others that will usually be playing PL standard. Kane kills it but it'd be nice to get one or two more on that list..

Not nearly enough sexy transfer rumours knocking around to distract us from the heat.

Mount and Tomori would get in to a lot of teams, including ours at present. Realistically they've also got Abraham, Hudson Odoi and James like you say which isn't bad. I reckon Odoi will play a fair bit unless he's unlucky with injuries...I do like Loftus Cheek too and if he was anywhere else (apart from the arse) he could be a hidden gem this window. Gilmore has looked quite competent too but is maybe due to be added to the Chelsea farmyard of loan players?

To compete we have the likes of Kane, Winks, Tanganga, Skipp, could say Cirkin but I legit have not seen him play. It's not terrible when you consider the likes of KWP, Smith and others that will usually be playing PL standard. Kane kills it but it'd be nice to get one or two more on that list..

Not nearly enough sexy transfer rumours knocking around to distract us from the heat.
Odoi to me is soooo sooo over rated it scary
The guy has so little end product and is just another odd that production like of double battle names of hype

mount is decent and sometimes brilliant but where would he play for us? The number 10 I guess. he doesn’t start every game for them either and will start less next season IMO

and Tomori is another of these defenders who can pass but IMO can’t defend. Classic John Stones type. We will see if he develops

They for their results over the line with experienced capable players not the new breed in the end, but that’s too be expected with younger players. I’m not convinced they will all be there at the start of 2021 season

Abraham will push for a move if they don’t pay him more and TBF he has delivered more than Odoi who is on a lot more than him.

james could become brilliant as he has got end product

Clubs losing young players to continental clubs is a trend throughout the PL, though.

Oh, definitely - not disputing that. But for us, the biggest blockage to the first team for youngsters is already having a world-class player up front in Kane - the likes of Tanganga and Skippy have more opportunities further back than the likes of Parrott and Etete do up front.

Two teams with very “disparate and desperate” reasons

Chelsea with the massive youth set up finally playing some and I guarantee they play less next season Now they can buy players. And don’t forget that’s one season they have done it. They have bought in a winger who will play more than mount and a striker who will play more than Abraham. They also want a CB and to shift Tomori on loan again (personally I think he is another who can’t actually defend)

Arsenal bought in a chunk of those you mentioned for fees so to me that’s not youth development IMO (Martinez is 27 too) and again desperation kicks in when you can’t afford the players you need. They bought an average winger for £72m when they had one as good in the youth. That’s not foresight and planning, that’s reactionary and desperate IMO

I’ve heard Southampton as the model and their bringing back Harrison Reed who went on loan at Fulham from their youth set up... he is 24 or 25

clubs will use youth when they can’t buy what they want as they have no alternative. IMO Very very few do it as a strategy

wolves have a brilliant young English midfielder not getting Games because even they don’t play youth (I refer to Gibbs-White)

It’s scary actually how much talent gets no game time IMO

Fair enough, mate - no arguments there. Just saying it happened this season, and that we were outdone by Arsenal and Chelsea - agree there were many reasons for that.

Fair enough, mate - no arguments there. Just saying it happened this season, and that we were outdone by Arsenal and Chelsea - agree there were many reasons for that.
Yep
I say judge a youth implementation over a 3 year period
For us if Tanganga is playing first team in 2022 then this year has been a success
Similarly parrot for 2023 maybe and so on
Cirkin may be the break through player next season for us
If those Chelsea players are playing for them in 2022 then I’ll be very impressed
I predict maybe 2 will be playing regularly there
Arsenal will IMO have a lot come though but most are good to average

Yep
I say judge a youth implementation over a 3 year period
For us if Tanganga is playing first team in 2022 then this year has been a success
Similarly parrot for 2023 maybe and so on
Cirkin may be the break through player next season for us
If those Chelsea players are playing for them in 2022 then I’ll be very impressed
I predict maybe 2 will be playing regularly there
Arsenal will IMO have a lot come though but most are good to average
I think Martinelli and Saka look good, the others I’m not so sure, don’t look all that to me. Maybe Guendouzi if he learns how to defend/position himself, but at the moment he’s a liability playing the deep lying playmaker role, leaves gaping holes in the middle. Maybe alongside the new version of Xhaka he might work?

I think Martinelli and Saka look good, the others I’m not so sure, don’t look all that to me. Maybe Guendouzi if he learns how to defend/position himself, but at the moment he’s a liability playing the deep lying playmaker role, leaves gaping holes in the middle. Maybe alongside the new version of Xhaka he might work?
Guendouiz is off and Martinelli they brought in so to me their not youth players
Saka Polska great prospect but the rest they have brought through look very average

So we have even more of an issue with HG players now. I’m assuming the plan is
To loan out Skipp once we have another HGP in
I assume it’s to sell another foreign player or two and buy some solid Brits
Don’t forget we have list jan and vorm from our foreign contingent

We should have been in for Johnathon David 27m euros is worth it and he's still young enough to realise he will be second fiddle to Kane but with an upside that he could be good enough to replace him (if Kane goes).

Transfer rumours: Dembele, Silva, Watkins, Bale, Iheanacho, Thiago - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53744205

Manchester United have marked Barcelona's 23-year-old French forward Ousmane Dembele as a possible alternative for Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho, 20. (ESPN)

Emirates Marketing Project's Spanish midfielder David Silva, 34, will join Lazio when his contract expires at the end of the season. (Guardian)

Aston Villa are preparing an opening bid for Brentford striker Ollie Watkins, 24. (Sky Sports)

Gareth Bale will not leave Real Madrid this summer and the 31-year-old Wales forward is prepared to wait two years before finding a new club. (Mirror)

Newly promoted trio West Bromwich Albion, Leeds and Fulham are all in the running to sign 26-year-old winger Ryan Fraser, who left Bournemouth at the end of June on a free transfer. (90Min)

Chelsea are eager to sell 25-year-old French midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko to AC Milan and have cut their asking price. (Sun)

Real Madrid are keen to keep 24-year-old midfielder Dani Ceballos at the club after he returned from his season-long loan spell at Arsenal. (AS)

Leicester City have shown interest in 20-year-old Burnley winger Dwight McNeil. (Sky Sports - via Leicester Mercury)

Leicester striker Kelechi Iheanacho, 23, is the target of a loan move by Turkish club Fenerbahce. (Fotospor - via Sport Witness)

Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is willing to work with clubs who make a "fair" offer for 29-year-old Spanish midfielder Thiago Alcantara, who has been linked with Liverpool. (Mail)

Lazio striker Ciro Immobile claims Saudi Sportswashing Machine approached his agent over a possible transfer earlier this summer but the 30-year-old Italian has pledged to stay with the Serie A club. (Goal)

Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Southampton are interested in Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara. The 24-year-old Finland international is also wanted by Dynamo Kiev and Dynamo Moscow. (90Min)

Two Premier League clubs and one from the Bundesliga are interested in Arsenal's versatile 22-year-old Ainsley Maitland-Niles. (Sky Sports)

Mario Gotze has rejected the advances of David Beckham's Inter Miami as he still has desires of playing in Europe. The 28-year-old German international is currently without a club after he left Borussia Dortmund at the end of his contract this summer. (Mail)

Liverpool hold an "enormous advantage" in the race to sign Brazilian teenager Talles Magno. The Vasco da Gama forward, 18, is wanted by a host of Europe's top clubs. (Esporte News Mundo - via Talksport)

West Ham have held initial talks about a new contract that would make 30-year-old striker Michail Antonio one of their top earners. (Mail)

Their first 11 next season will not IMO have one starter from the youth team
There is a possibility of the Scottish lad they got from rangers but they think he needs to grow a bit
mount and Abraham will be bench players
And Odoi will barely play
Reece James will be the one if any who steps up IMO
So much for lovable Franky playing all the English kids that he media lapped up so so much last season
He was always going to drop them as soon as he could spend money

So much for lovable Franky playing all the English kids that he media lapped up so so much last season
He was always going to drop them as soon as he could spend money
Hey I could be wrong but I don’t think so
He seems to what to upgrade everywhere he and a young English player last season and LB too

Back