• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Love the optimism. Son for me is not and has never been a striker . I don’t want to see him in a two. As for Gil one for the future more than a first team starter I think.

We will see but at this present time I’m not to optimistic.

5 seasons in a row of between 18-22 goals, he actually has 1 less goal in 18 less games in his pro career than Ings (and that's being super kind to Ings by counting his championship seasons)

So, is you don't think he can score or you don't want to see him playing as a striker? not sure what the point is ..

5 seasons in a row of between 18-22 goals, he actually has 1 less goal in 18 less games in his pro career than Ings (and that's being super kind to Ings by counting his championship seasons)

So, is you don't think he can score or you don't want to see him playing as a striker? not sure what the point is ..

Nope ,nothing to do with scoring at all.
He scores most of his goals coming off the flank.
He’s has done a job playing up top on his own. He’s not a striker in terms of leading the line is my point. He’s best suited playing wide. Hence why we need another CF and have failed to sign one for a while. Jansen , Vinicius both failures.

Nope ,nothing to do with scoring at all.
He scores most of his goals coming off the flank.
He’s has done a job playing up top on his own. He’s not a striker in terms of leading the line is my point. He’s best suited playing wide. Hence why we need another CF and have failed to sign one for a while. Jansen , Vinicius both failures.

ok, understood re Son

Vini wasn't a failure, 10 goals in a first season for a guy who got scraps wasn't a failure. He's a very specific type of striker (in box poacher), that as usual we never adapted the delivery to suit him (my worry for any future striker as well). Biggest thing that prevented Vini from being a strait buy is the cost.

ok, understood re Son

Vini wasn't a failure, 10 goals in a first season for a guy who got scraps wasn't a failure. He's a very specific type of striker (in box poacher), that as usual we never adapted the delivery to suit him (my worry for any future striker as well). Biggest thing that prevented Vini from being a strait buy is the cost.
Failure was wrong way to word it. Agreed on the above. We need an experienced back up to Kane. Parrot and Scarlett should be involved in cups and Euro nights and integrated so futures bright in the long term (I hope ) Next season we need someone . Got a feeling Kane’s going to be knackered after the season we had and Euros. We need to look after him a bit more.

Potentially a signing that we could only make this summer. Apparently, a lot of clubs in Spain and Italy were into him, but he fell out with his coach and his stock fell. With a lack of funds at clubs too, it's a classic Spurs oopotunistic signing.

I still think Lloris is good for another 3-4 years, but his contract is running down, and we might even sell him? Will be sad to see Hugo go. Still at the top of his game imo.

Potentially a signing that we could only make this summer. Apparently, a lot of clubs in Spain and Italy were into him, but he fell out with his coach and his stock fell. With a lack of funds at clubs too, it's a classic Spurs oopotunistic signing.

I still think Lloris is good for another 3-4 years, but his contract is running down, and we might even sell him? Will be sad to see Hugo go. Still at the top of his game imo.

I think Lloris has probably been at his peak the last 2/3 seasons and isnt finished at all but we always complain that we never do succession planning, hopefully 1 season to settle in and by then I expect Lloris will move on.

No goalkeeper over 34 is automatically good for 3-4 years, keepers just go and they rarely comeback.

Back