• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Arsenal restructured their stadium debt last year so that the interest rates are drastically reduced and they no longer have to hold £36m against a bond which will have released that in cash.
I suspect they are also taking out some new loans to cover purchases as their debt ratio is (or at least was) very low indeed.
Who knows with them
They have to show some intent, and with no Europe…

You only need 8 association trained players to be able to operate a full 25 man squad....

Hart
Rodon (counts for PL)
Sessegnon
Skipp
Tanganga
Dele
Kane

Done.

If Kane goes then it would bring in a considerable amount of money that would allow us to buy some English players.

Understand, though it doesnt change my main doubt about whether we could sign White though - namely our ability to spend £50m on someone this summer. Obviously, to your point, If Kane leaves that changes

Arsenal restructured their stadium debt last year so that the interest rates are drastically reduced and they no longer have to hold £36m against a bond which will have released that in cash.
I suspect they are also taking out some new loans to cover purchases as their debt ratio is (or at least was) very low indeed.

It has been announced that Stan Kroenke has provided the money to cover the bonds issued in 2006 to fund the Emirates stadium. The Arsenal Supporters Trust insists the club still owe money: not to bondholders, but to Kroenke.

Before you ask: Yes, Arsenal still owe money for the construction of the Emirates stadium. The club still has to pay £144m off until 2031, which they do by instalments each year. You can read more about the situation here.

Now, Arsenal have redeemed the bonds (a bond is a type of a loan) thanks to Kroenke's loan. In short, Arsenal are still not debt-free now. However, the owner's actions will be of an immediate benefit to the club.

Here is a more detailed view of the situation as reported by the Arsenal Supporters Trust.

Silent Stan has decided to pay the £144m debt in full. He will do it in August. However, he'll have to also cover an additional penalty for doing it early, not in 2031.

Hence, Arsenal will have to pay £184m in August and they will do it by taking a loan from Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, the businessman's company.

Basically, this is restructuring the debt: Arsenal no longer owe to external bondholders but to the man who owns the club.

The Gunners will save up some money on that but the news does not mean Kroenke invests into Arsenal. The club will have to pay him back, with an unspecified interest rate.

However, it will free up the funds (~£36m) Arsenal have already held in order to repay to bondholders in September this year.

This money will help Arsenal weather the crisis caused by the pandemic: it will probably go to players' and staff salaries. Part of the money could be used to finance the transfer campaign but it's not guaranteed.

Overall, not much changes for the club in the long-term.

https://tribuna.com/en/news/arsenal...t-mean-arsenal-are-man-city-now-oneminute-ex/

How did that work out... I'll save you the trouble of looking it up

Premier League 9th
FA Cup Sixth round
League Cup Quarter-finals

You merely asked had it ever been done. The answer is of course that it has.
Regarding what you said up there, now you're shifting the issue, what was our starting point? Did we see an improvement? Was it part of a process that saw us getting better?

As Finney said earlier, it's a positive answer.

I see a couple places are linking is with Locatelli. Seems plausible to me - 23 years old, at an unglamorous team (Sassuolo), international, 2 years left on his contract....

A CM isnt the highest priority in my mind (CB, RB, RW and a back-up CF are) but it would be a positive in terms of our intent IMO, given we're presumably guaranteed to bring in a CB or two too, he'd probably be signed to be a starting 11 player, and a couple signings to stregnthen the core of the team would help a lot.

Locatelli is looking fantastic again. And absolute complete midfielder

You merely asked had it ever been done. The answer is of course that it has.
Regarding what you said up there, now you're shifting the issue, what was our starting point? Did we see an improvement? Was it part of a process that saw us getting better?

As Finney said earlier, it's a positive answer.

Not shifting the issue but moving the conversation on..

Q. Has it been done
A. Yes

Question answered and unlike some, I can move on and don’t feel the need to argue the same point for 20 pages

Can we rule out both Celik and Demiral permanently now, after watching Wales join Italy in tearing both new ones?

Celik hasn't had a good two games. As I said before, I am a little concerned that Lille's system was what made the players look really good and I am not sure how they will fair in other set ups.

Celik hasn't had a good two games. As I said before, I am a little concerned that Lille's system was what made the players look really good and I am not sure how they will fair in other set ups.

I had the same thought about Locatelli last night. Would he be effective in a two man CM (if indeed we do play that)?

It has been announced that Stan Kroenke has provided the money to cover the bonds issued in 2006 to fund the Emirates stadium. The Arsenal Supporters Trust insists the club still owe money: not to bondholders, but to Kroenke.

Before you ask: Yes, Arsenal still owe money for the construction of the Emirates stadium. The club still has to pay £144m off until 2031, which they do by instalments each year. You can read more about the situation here.

Now, Arsenal have redeemed the bonds (a bond is a type of a loan) thanks to Kroenke's loan. In short, Arsenal are still not debt-free now. However, the owner's actions will be of an immediate benefit to the club.

Here is a more detailed view of the situation as reported by the Arsenal Supporters Trust.

Silent Stan has decided to pay the £144m debt in full. He will do it in August. However, he'll have to also cover an additional penalty for doing it early, not in 2031.

Hence, Arsenal will have to pay £184m in August and they will do it by taking a loan from Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, the businessman's company.

Basically, this is restructuring the debt: Arsenal no longer owe to external bondholders but to the man who owns the club.

The Gunners will save up some money on that but the news does not mean Kroenke invests into Arsenal. The club will have to pay him back, with an unspecified interest rate.

However, it will free up the funds (~£36m) Arsenal have already held in order to repay to bondholders in September this year.

This money will help Arsenal weather the crisis caused by the pandemic: it will probably go to players' and staff salaries. Part of the money could be used to finance the transfer campaign but it's not guaranteed.

Overall, not much changes for the club in the long-term.

https://tribuna.com/en/news/arsenal...t-mean-arsenal-are-man-city-now-oneminute-ex/

To use the thing everyone loves to on this board

- If Arsenal had "ambition", the first thing they would do is fire Arteta ..

Since they haven't, I really don't see the owners splashing out significant money for players for Arteta.

Back