• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Soumare is joining Leicester.
Which is why Rodgers would be mad to jump ship from there to join us. Their transfer dept puts ours to shame.

Soumare plus a good CH would make us a credible top 4 challenger (especially if we just have Alderweireld playing league games). He is the ideal partner for Hojbjerg and would give Ndombele or Dele the perfect platform to play from.

Last edited:
There's going to be some serious bargains to be had from France this summer; no doubt our scouting team will miss them and sign another GKN or Njie

On the subject of wingers though, I watched Rennes last week and Jeremy Doku was impressive. 18 year old Belgian RW. Only moved to them last year and for €26m - the sort of deal we should be doing

He was being tapped up by Klopp.

History tells us that is very likely to go very very badly.

Levy runs the club really well and responsibly. A critical analysis of the past ten years shows how easy it would have been for everything to completely fall apart.

This is a very unique season. It's underperformance; but it's not failure. it needs a fix, not a revolution
Part of the fix will be removing player incomings and importantly outgoings from the chairman's responsibility.

Part of the fix will be removing player incomings and importantly outgoings from the chairman's responsibility.

At the end of the day it is levy that signs the cheques. He is risk averse but he has had to be to get funding for the stadium. The banks wouldn't have lent us the money if we had been making loses.

Having said that would love luis campos brought in as a dof.

Never going to happen. Levy will always have control over the financial aspects - its the most variable element of our financials by some distance so there's no way thats going to be delegated to someone else

The most important thing is that the right players are identified

Never going to happen. Levy will always have control over the financial aspects - its the most variable element of our financials by some distance so there's no way thats going to be delegated to someone else

The most important thing is that the right players are identified

Even if the right players are identified.... levy seems to pull a scrote and is often more times than not left floundering

Even if the right players are identified.... levy seems to pull a scrote and is often more times than not left floundering
He needs to set the budget, then let the scouting team work with it, via a DoF - if the budget needs flex for a special circumstance, then the conversation can happen.
He is clearly an effective negotiator, so can be involved, but the DoF needs to be the decision maker on behalf of the coaching team.

He needs to set the budget, then let the scouting team work with it, via a DoF - if the budget needs flex for a special circumstance, then the conversation can happen.
He is clearly an effective negotiator, so can be involved, but the DoF needs to be the decision maker on behalf of the coaching team.

"DoF needs to be the decision maker on behalf of the coaching team" - clearly so in terms of identifying players

But its not as simple as saying 'set a budget' - need to take into account wages, bonuses, add-ons to transfer fees, payment schedules etc etc. I'm sure Levy would tell hitchen etc what the club can roughly afford each window, but there is no way Levy isn't going to lead negotiations.

In the same vein that Levy isnt qualified to identify a decent centre back, the DoF is also a football person, so not really qualified to negotiate commercial deals, which is what a transfer is

Let’s hope that when Levy offers whoever the manager is at the time someone of the quality of Tielmans they don’t turn them down this time? Especially when the options at the time are only Sissoko and winks to play every game from January!

one of the most frustrating things I’ve heard!

@Gutter Boy - remember when I said that Tielemens was an excellent player and I wanted us to get him back when he was at Anderlecht and then still wanted him when he was available from Monaco?.... i think you told me he wasn’t very good and that Dendonker was the better player? :D

@Gutter Boy - remember when I said that Tielemens was an excellent player and I wanted us to get him back when he was at Anderlecht and then still wanted him when he was available from Monaco?.... i think you told me he wasn’t very good and that Dendonker was the better player? :D
I remember
I said the same thing about him when we played them
TBF to GB debdonker was better when we played them but the talent was there to see
Campos signed him for monaco

Can we at least agree that the useless rim-licker 'I hate January' Steve Hitchen should be nowhere to be seen when we're talking transfers going forward?

I feel like that's sensible middle ground most folks should agree on. The guy is better suited for being Levy's PA, not heading up our football operations. Let him be Levy's secretary and spend all day talking shop with the coffee lady, and give a proper analysis-oriented DoF control.

Can we at least agree that the useless rim-licker 'I hate January' Steve Hitchen should be nowhere to be seen when we're talking transfers going forward?

I feel like that's sensible middle ground most folks should agree on. The guy is better suited for being Levy's PA, not heading up our football operations. Let him be Levy's secretary and spend all day talking shop with the coffee lady, and give a proper analysis-oriented DoF control.
I think the issue with Hitchen is he has a very odd role and he may or may not be any good at it
He isn’t a DOF and he isn’t negotiating deals
He is basically a glorified scout
What we should know by now is that the right players can excel or fail depending on the manager and some players take more time than others
I’ll point the finger at son and sissoko (when he was running a lot). You also need a coach to buy into the signings and of course coach
We haven’t had that properly in 5 years I’d say
Poch did exclude recently acquired players (Jansenn and the Ndubs being classics) and whoever we brought for Jose he would want more and extra...
What we have been shocking at is selling...
we should have sold certain players (in hindsight) earlier and now we’re left with them

"DoF needs to be the decision maker on behalf of the coaching team" - clearly so in terms of identifying players

But its not as simple as saying 'set a budget' - need to take into account wages, bonuses, add-ons to transfer fees, payment schedules etc etc. I'm sure Levy would tell hitchen etc what the club can roughly afford each window, but there is no way Levy isn't going to lead negotiations.

In the same vein that Levy isnt qualified to identify a decent centre back, the DoF is also a football person, so not really qualified to negotiate commercial deals, which is what a transfer is
Everything you have just described IS a budget.
The complaints aimed at Levy are usually that we take the cheap options or focus on resale value ahead of footballing success. So I'm saying, set the budget, be involved in negotiations from a skill point of view, but the DoF decides the sign/walk away point. If the scouting and couching team decide it's best to spend a bit more on a player, do it. They get judged on results on the pitch, give them the tools they ask for, within the parameters set out.

"Want two players at £20m package each? Well, players A is £26m as a package. If you want him, you have to accept you can't have the other one - you decide what will bring success."

If Levy can then negotiate to £22m - happy days!
Maybe the coaching team say - "ok, let's do it. But pull the plug around £24m, we need the extra for player B".

Levy becomes SFO and chief negotiator - things he is great at.
DoF has responsibility for creating the sporting success from the budget, and is measured against it as such.

Everything you have just described IS a budget.
The complaints aimed at Levy are usually that we take the cheap options or focus on resale value ahead of footballing success. So I'm saying, set the budget, be involved in negotiations from a skill point of view, but the DoF decides the sign/walk away point. If the scouting and couching team decide it's best to spend a bit more on a player, do it. They get judged on results on the pitch, give them the tools they ask for, within the parameters set out.

"Want two players at £20m package each? Well, players A is £26m as a package. If you want him, you have to accept you can't have the other one - you decide what will bring success."

If Levy can then negotiate to £22m - happy days!
Maybe the coaching team say - "ok, let's do it. But pull the plug around £24m, we need the extra for player B".

Levy becomes SFO and chief negotiator - things he is great at.
DoF has responsibility for creating the sporting success from the budget, and is measured against it as such.
It’s a package if you keep it simple but that only works if you have fixed things and is harder when buying two players at the same time for example
Length of contract, and bonuses have a huge impact

It’s a package if you keep it simple but that only works if you have fixed things and is harder when buying two players at the same time for example
Length of contract, and bonuses have a huge impact
Of course they have an impact, but they are still part of a budget and therefore have a value weighting

Let's do a fergie and buy players from West ham, Leicester, Everton this transfer window. Proven players who can hit the ground running while weakening the competition at the same time.

According to Levy we are the bigger club and players would hold out on transfers to come here and force their management to accept low fees too. So it's financially sustainable too.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Let's do a fergie and buy players from West ham, Leicester, Everton this transfer window. Proven players who can hit the ground running while weakening the competition at the same time.

According to Levy we are the bigger club and players would hold out on transfers to come here and force their management to accept low fees too. So it's financially sustainable too.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Leicester and everton have very rich owners willing to bankroll them at a loss. Doubt we'd be able to get players from them cheaply. West ham might be in financial trouble so maybe.

It was based on a 90 minute sample when anderlecht came to WHL back in November 2015.

Back