• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

If we're losing Kane I'd be expecting to us to aim higher than Vinicius as his replacement - he looks fine for a backup and if we can get a good deal would be happy to sign him but not as our starting CF
Let's say Kane is leaving this summer; who is attainable that you think is good enough/better than Vinicius?

Let's say Kane is leaving this summer; who is attainable that you think is good enough/better than Vinicius?

I don't watch enough football outside of Spurs to suggest anyone but I've seen enough of Vinicius to believe he's not at the level required

Edit : Ings would be a good shout, though no resale value

If Kane leaves then I'd have any of this lot ahead of Vinicius....

Alex Isak (Real Sociedad)
Patson Daka (Red Bull Salzburg)
Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan)
Abdallah Sima (Slavia Prague)
Danny Ings (Southampton)
Wout Weghorst (Wolfsberg)
Mousa Dembele (Lyon)
Patrick Bamford (Leeds)
Andre Silva (Frankfurt)
Sasa Kalakdzic (Stuttgart)
Luka Jovic (Real Madrid)

I don't watch enough football outside of Spurs to suggest anyone but I've seen enough of Vinicius to believe he's not at the level required

Edit : Ings would be a good shout, though no resale value
I was gonna say Ings.

So much depends on how the new manager wants to play.
Vinicius is the kind of striker that needs chances creating for him.
Rather than being a forward like Son, Kane, Ings, who are also involved in play overall.

He only needs to play 10-15 games. That's also younger than Fernandinho is, or Ibrahimovic was in his EPL season

You just compared him to two extremely top level players.

My big problem is Spurs teams that play well tend to press, high energy teams, really can't see how Dzeko can do that.

I wanted Dzeko a couple of years back but i can't see him being much use in the prem at his age

You just compared him to two extremely top level players.

My big problem is Spurs teams that play well tend to press, high energy teams, really can't see how Dzeko can do that.

We won't need to press against teams in Europa Vanarama League

Looking increasingly likely this will be Brendan’s squad next season.

Lloris, Lo-Tutala
Foyth, Aarons
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Alderweireld, Andersen, Rodon, Tanganga
Hojbjerg, Skipp
Ndombele, Winks
Lo Celso, Dele
Bale, Lucas, Bergwijn, Son
Kane, Parrott

The two new arrivals costing a combined maximum of £50m should be covered by the many outgoings. And thats the remit I’m afraid - sell before we can buy.

My GHod. If Kane leaves then there's probably 50-100 CFs who I'd get instead of Vinicius. If we get £150m for Kane, then I'd expect us to be spending £60m of that on a first choice CF

I'm not a football scout however in a scenario where we have plenty of cash, we have a lot of options. More pertinently, Vinicius is not good enough to be first choice CF for us

Lloris, Lo-Tutala
Foyth, Aarons
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Hojbjerg, Skipp
Ndombele, Winks
Lo Celso, Dele
Kane, Parrott

The two new arrivals costing a combined maximum of £50m should be covered by the many outgoings. And thats the remit I’m afraid - sell before we can buy.

Rodgers managing that group?!? I'd definitely take that as where we are at the start of next season!!

In fairness to Dier he’s played the whole season with next to no protection in front. No coincidence his good spell coincided with Sissoko playing with Hojbjerg where we basically sat in against everyone. Remember those Match of the day features with us having a back 6. As soon as we opened up and played Ndom with Hojbjerg things got messy.
Agree with @AdamB. Also it's not true.

Lloris, Lo-Tutala
Foyth, Aarons
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Hojbjerg, Skipp
Ndombele, Winks
Lo Celso, Dele
Kane, Parrott

That is a disgusting team.

Back