• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I really like him but he has a brain fart in him too
As their not poor it’s a £40/£50m deal
They paid half that to sigh him I think

Yeah far to expensive.

Someone put up a link the other day to an article which said we have not signed a central defender since 2017. Which is mad. We wil pay for that now.

Rodon is a start, but it is poor squad planning and I guess they will blame it on the stadium build. But we should have at least been loaning out youngsters to get more experience. At this rate I would like to see what Carter vickers could do for us.

We may have to look to free signings like Ramon from Madrid or try and get in a loan signing like smalling or someone else while we hope Rodon and Walcott can get up to speed.

Yeah far to expensive.

Someone put up a link the other day to an article which said we have not signed a central defender since 2017. Which is mad. We wil pay for that now.

Rodon is a start, but it is poor squad planning and I guess they will blame it on the stadium build. But we should have at least been loaning out youngsters to get more experience. At this rate I would like to see what Carter vickers could do for us.

We may have to look to free signings like Ramon from Madrid or try and get in a loan signing like smalling or someone else while we hope Rodon and Walcott can get up to speed.
Or Tarkowski from Burnley
With a year on his contract
Tah as you have linked above is someone we have been linked with a lot in the past

Tarkowski is a good shout, and with 1 year left he won't be as exorbitantly priced as most HG players. Sign him to replace Toby or Sanchez

Problem with shifting sanchez is that Levy will want to recover the €28m which we paid

Tarkowski is a good shout, and with 1 year left he won't be as exorbitantly priced as most HG players. Sign him to replace Toby or Sanchez

Problem with shifting sanchez is that Levy will want to recover the €28m which we paid
I think levy is prepared to take losses on players
But it has to be commensurate to the value they have left at the club. Most of his fee will have been written off (all of it I’d guess) so his paper value is nil
Anything now is a profit in effect
The issue is of course who wants him?!?!

But it has to be commensurate to the value they have left at the club. Most of his fee will have been written off (all of it I’d guess) so his paper value is nil

What makes you think he is prepared to take losses? Genuinely interested as that’s not been his modus operandi up till now

You would hope Levy has finally realised that if you want to sell an unwanted player then you have to make the price attractive to a potential buyer. We either try and hold on for a high figure that probably won't happen or we lower the fee and get the player off our books get some sort of fee and save on their wages until the end of their contract. :unamused:

What makes you think he is prepared to take losses? Genuinely interested as that’s not been his modus operandi up till now
Because everyone is thinking of when we were building the stadium.
And we have taken losses on a lot of players
I think the issue was played who we signed one year and wanted out the next ... the Nkids, jansenn for example. Players who have a high material value to the club on paper. We were paying for Jansenn whilst trying to sell him don’t forget.

You would hope Levy has finally realised that if you want to sell an unwanted player then you have to make the price attractive to a potential buyer. We either try and hold on for a high figure that probably won't happen or we lower the fee and get the player off our books get some sort of fee and save on their wages until the end of their contract. :unamused:

it’s a balance of how you treat a player too
With rose we had Poch still having him in his office coaching him and telling him what to do... whilst the club were trying to force him out the door
Now we have him as youth club leader and he still ain’t gone
Same player, different scenario... same problem

Or Tarkowski from Burnley
With a year on his contract
Tah as you have linked above is someone we have been linked with a lot in the past
Tarkowski would be perfect for us I agree. I think he'll still be quite expensive as there will be a lot of competition for his signature but even at £25 to £30m he would be decent value.

I agree with DanishFL that Tah would be another great option (I think those two would make a very good pairing).

A centre back that I have seen a few times recently and thought he looks destined for the very top is Tosin Adarabioyo at Fulham. I was very surprised when Emirates Marketing Project allowed him a transfer and we should be all over nabbing him from Fulham this summer irrespective of whether they stay up or go down.

From what I have seen before Levy doesn't want to take 'paper' losses. So if we paid £20m for a player on a 4 year deal then he wouldn't want to sell for less than £15m after 1 year, less than £10m after year 2, etc. Have seen a few unwanted players that stuck around/went out on various loans over the years, that could've just been to try to make the accounts look a good as possible to ensure that we could raise stadium funding however?

it’s a balance of how you treat a player too
With rose we had Poch still having him in his office coaching him and telling him what to do... whilst the club were trying to force him out the door
Now we have him as youth club leader and he still ain’t gone
Same player, different scenario... same problem
Poch left him out of the pre-season tour, wanted him sold. Only when it came towards the end of the window and Levy hadn't sold him and Poch realised that he wasn't getting what he wanted did he accept that he'd have to have him back in the squad or go into the season with just one (very average) left back in Davies.

Poch left him out of the pre-season tour, wanted him sold. Only when it came towards the end of the window and Levy hadn't sold him and Poch realised that he wasn't getting what he wanted did he accept that he'd have to have him back in the squad or go into the season with just one (very average) left back in Davies.
We signed sessegnon that window to replace him

From what I have seen before Levy doesn't want to take 'paper' losses. So if we paid £20m for a player on a 4 year deal then he wouldn't want to sell for less than £15m after 1 year, less than £10m after year 2, etc. Have seen a few unwanted players that stuck around/went out on various loans over the years, that could've just been to try to make the accounts look a good as possible to ensure that we could raise stadium funding however?
Yeah I agree
For example Lamela would be sold for less than than the £30m we brought him for as he is paid off and then some on the books

the problem we had recently was the Jansens and Nkids who were well paid for what they had achieved to sign for us but not good enough to do anything for us

He didn’t play at all did he?
If he did it would have been 3/4 games max as he was injured when we signed him
So was Lo Celso within a week

He scored away to Bayern in the CL so was playing at that point. Im the attacking positions.

But yeah he was injured when we signed him so FiBs point regarding having to utilise Rose still stands

Back