• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

That is a great list but probably about £230m of transfer fees unfortunately....

For RB I would try to pick up Bogle from Sheffield Utd when they drop, he will have had a whole season of PL football by then, probably more gettable than Aaron’s (if Norwich get promoted) probably cheaper and IMO has a higher ceiling.

I also think we can only really buy one WF instead of two... can Lookman play from either right or left side?

For CM I think Sabitzer is more likely, especially with his contract situation. The fact that he could also play as a wide forward is a bonus.

Unfortunately I think we need two CB’s and not just one. Tarkowski is a great shout but likely to be expensive even with just 1 year left as he will have lots of PL suitors I think. Ginter would be a decent signing for us and I like Milenkovic at Fiorentina. Both would probably be in the £25m range.

In order of importance I think our squad needs:

1. First team centre back
2. Another first team centre back
3. First team central midfield player
4. Back up keeper
5. Backup striker (I am fine with this being Vini)
6. Back up/competition wide forward
7. Back up/competition right back
8. Better squad option than Sissoko/Winks
9. Replacement first team keeper.

Going to be hard getting even two thirds of that lot on a budget I think. Not sure how much the likes of Lamela, Sanchez, one of Dier or Toby, Doherty, Davies, Moura would fetch in transfer fees in a buyers market considering their relatively high wages?

We might have to take a hike on the wage bill and look at some freebies, or accept a year or two outside of Europe as we try to build a new, young hungry team? Or sacrifice our crown jewel in Kane to fund a rebuild?

bale returning to Madrid saves us us £200k
I agree about the money as I had £240m in my head
But I also think we can get a third of that back in sales and possibly more
I didn’t know Bogle was a full back and wondered if the one at Sheffield was the one you mentioned before.
Arrons will not be sold this summer for sure with them getting promoted. But a homegrown decent prospect is a good thing
Lookman can play both sides but isnt a starter for me. What he is is a rapid heads up player, one who looks where he is going with the ball (Lamela, Moura play like they have no awareness of their surroundings)
Sabitzer would be class. I really believe he is a huge upgrade in midfield options
Our 2nd striker can be an issue or we don’t sign Vinny. I don’t believe the fee agreed for Vinny is right for what he has done but I don’t have an alternative.
I believe the cash from the season ticket rentals will help with the ££ issue. But need European competition to get players in and add to the funds
If we could shift 7 or 8 of the dead wood players for £10m each or more it’s a decent cash injection
Only thing again we don’t know if the current debt position on transfers. We won’t have much due to us for sure
Every summer the aspiration has to be 3/4 players in, across the key areas but who knows with this summer being an intentional competition time too

Spot on!
Some do tend to just ignore this. I cant see how allowing for covid we can even contemplate this till at the earliest season 2022/23 and that's fingers crossed.

I can't see much of a positive net spend in the summer i have to say what with the pandemic and related issues.

Spot on!
Some do tend to just ignore this. I cant see how allowing for covid we can even contemplate this till at the earliest season 2022/23 and that's fingers crossed.

It’s the same for every team too.
Players contract positions will help us if we use them again like we did with PEH.
That’s where players like Tarkowski, Sabitzer and Ings become cheaper

It’s the same for every team too.
Players contract positions will help us if we use them again like we did with PEH.
That’s where players like Tarkowski, Sabitzer and Ings become cheaper

I always love your optimism. Boris has destroyed mine.;)

If we look at who still has a contract at the club at the end of the season and assume that we’ll play something like a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 (quite similar formations really) then we can look at it like this....

————————————————-Lloris/Hart/Whiteman
Aurier/Doherty ———Toby/Sanchez———————Dier/Rodon—————————Regulion/Sessegnon
———————————Hojbjerg/Sissoko/Winks————-Lo Celso/Skipp?
—————-Bergwijn/Lamela—————Ndombele/Dele————————-Son/Moira?
—————————————————————-Kane/?????

Those in bold probably not good enough for where we want to be.... they either need selling/releasing or moving from first choice players to back ups....

A few of those not marked in bold the jury is still out on I think (Aurier, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and Rodon). I think all have enough about them to be players towards the top end of the PL though.

Think it’s clear though that we probably need two CB’s as first priority. If we happen to have a transfer budget this summer then it all needs to be spent there IMO. We can then use any funds generated to try to upgrade the other positions.... interestingly we could probably replace Sissoko, Winks, Moura and Lamela with just two players and Davies doesn’t feature at all even as a backup.

I always love your optimism. Boris has destroyed mine.;)
I didn’t expect us to spend what we did in the summer know we didn’t have the ££ incoming
Now nothing would surprise me
But the 3 I mention are all gettable with the right efforts

If we look at who still has a contract at the club at the end of the season and assume that we’ll play something like a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 (quite similar formations really) then we can look at it like this....

Aurier/Doherty ———Toby/Sanchez————-Dier/Rodon—————————Regulion/Sessegnon

Those in bold probably not good enough for where we want to be.... they either need selling/releasing or moving from first choice players to back ups....

A few of those not marked in bold the jury is still out on I think (Aurier, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and Rodon). I think all have enough about them to be players towards the top end of the PL though.

Think it’s clear though that we probably need two CB’s as first priority. If we happen to have a transfer budget this summer then it all needs to be spent there IMO. We can then use any funds generated to try to upgrade the other positions.... interestingly we could probably replace Sissoko, Winks, Moura and Lamela with just two players and Davies doesn’t feature at all even as a backup.
Yep
Agree with all of that
And there is money to be made shifting them

bale returning to Madrid saves us us £200k
I agree about the money as I had £240m in my head
But I also think we can get a third of that back in sales and possibly more
I didn’t know Bogle was a full back and wondered if the one at Sheffield was the one you mentioned before.
Arrons will not be sold this summer for sure with them getting promoted. But a homegrown decent prospect is a good thing
Lookman can play both sides but isnt a starter for me. What he is is a rapid heads up player, one who looks where he is going with the ball (Lamela, Moura play like they have no awareness of their surroundings)
Sabitzer would be class. I really believe he is a huge upgrade in midfield options
Our 2nd striker can be an issue or we don’t sign Vinny. I don’t believe the fee agreed for Vinny is right for what he has done but I don’t have an alternative.
I believe the cash from the season ticket rentals will help with the ££ issue. But need European competition to get players in and add to the funds
If we could shift 7 or 8 of the dead wood players for £10m each or more it’s a decent cash injection
Only thing again we don’t know if the current debt position on transfers. We won’t have much due to us for sure
Every summer the aspiration has to be 3/4 players in, across the key areas but who knows with this summer being an intentional competition time too
Unfortunately I think we’d need to get closer to about 80% of that in on sales to spend that much mate.

Not a scooby Mr.
This season is turning football upside down sadly.
It’s a £90m outlay for them I’d guess
But the players they replace do have some
Maybe a third of it back.. is £60m net
Lot of money but significant upgrades
I actually thought we would be all over Gray form Leicester on a free but he is now at Bayer

Aurier/Doherty ———Toby/Sanchez———————Dier/Rodon—————————Regulion/Sessegnon

No way we're getting 2 CBs - we won't be getting any unless we can shift Sanchez and there's no chance of Dier or Alderweireld moving to facilitate another coming in imo

Yep
Agree with all of that
And there is money to be made shifting them
So... what do we reckon?

Doherty. £10m?
Davies. £10m?
Dier. £15m?
Sanchez. £10m?
Toby. Freebie? (Maybe we then instead keep as backup?)
Winks. £25m (home grown will be of interest a few as a squad player I think).
Sissoko. £8m?
Lamela. £8m?
Moura. £12m?

A total of about £98m? Obviously minus agents fees and paying up player loyalty bonuses etc....

Let’s call it £75m of transfer funds.... Plus whatever we have as a transfer budget (lets be really ambitious and say £50m?)

So £125m to bring in 2 centre backs, a backup keeper, a central midfield player, a wide midfield player, a backup right back and a backup CF. Average of about £18m per player. Need to look at the sort of business that Leicester or Leipzig tend to do I think. Also will have to look at the freebie and 1 year left on contract type markets. Think we probably need to look to France considering the state of their clubs finances after their TV deal collapsed and also perhaps Belgium and Netherlands considering the reliance their clubs have on revenue from fans attending.

what we really need though is a top class DoF, otherwise we’re not doing even a third of that business.

So... what do we reckon?

Doherty. £10m?
Davies. £10m?
Dier. £15m?
Sanchez. £10m?
Toby. Freebie? (Maybe we then instead keep as backup?)
Winks. £25m (home grown will be of interest a few as a squad player I think).
Sissoko. £8m?
Lamela. £8m?
Moura. £12m?

A total of about £98m? Obviously minus agents fees and paying up player loyalty bonuses etc....

Let’s call it £75m of transfer funds.... Plus whatever we have as a transfer budget (lets be really ambitious and say £50m?)

So £125m to bring in 2 centre backs, a backup keeper, a central midfield player, a wide midfield player, a backup right back and a backup CF. Average of about £18m per player. Need to look at the sort of business that Leicester or Leipzig tend to do I think. Also will have to look at the freebie and 1 year left on contract type markets. Think we probably need to look to France considering the state of their clubs finances after their TV deal collapsed and also perhaps Belgium and Netherlands considering the reliance their clubs have on revenue from fans attending.

what we really need though is a top class DoF, otherwise we’re not doing even a third of that business.
I’d use an average of £10m per player sold
Although I agree winks would go for more due to his profile
We need 4 or 5 players in
But the exits is the hardest part
Like you say a DOF is key

The right signing could get the best out of his partner

Or we could try something tactically or on the training pitch to work on our deficiencies
I agree the right player can elevate the others
Van dijk made his partners better
King did too

Last edited:
The right signing could get the best out of his partner

Or we could try something tactically or on the training pitch to work on our deficiencies
Playing front foot football and a back four would improve us a reasonable amount I think. IMO that would have us competitive for 4th to 6th league spots.

Back