• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Would be lovely but I think I read that Norwich want more than £35m for Aarons and I can't see any way that we spend anything like that on a right back.

I've said a few times that the smart buy here would be Bogle from Sheffield United. He is probably a year or so behind Aarons in his development but (IMO) has a higher upside and probably costs only 30% to 50% of the fee.

If we don't mind taking another overseas player then Denzel Dumfries from PSV could also be a good option. £15m to £20m would be likely to get him.

Not seen him play much but maybe get Fogle but loan him back to them for a year as a sweetner.

He's mostly on the bench now.

Sad
He has some talent, I’m just not sure at what level.
Not sad, he was a starter up until he got injured in January and then missed about 6 weeks. He's been on the bench for a couple of games since coming back from his injury.
I don't follow German football that much, just read the odd match report and some clips to see how he's doing and from them, it sounds like he's doing well.

Not sad, he was a starter up until he got injured in January and then missed about 6 weeks. He's been on the bench for a couple of games since coming back from his injury.
I don't follow German football that much, just read the odd match report and some clips to see how he's doing and from them, it sounds like he's doing well.

I do follow a lot of German football. He has done very well, the manager for team morale probably does not want to drop a player who has done ok. Hard luck on Sessegnon who was an attacking threat but doing well defensively.

Sergio Ramos is out of contract this summer, 34 years old, worth a go? I’m undecided, was an amazing player, but I’ve not really seen him play for the last year or so. I can’t imagine he needs a pay day, so may look for a challenge on good money rather than Chinese mega money?

Wages would obviously be high, but would leave transfer funds to buy a young/peak CB as well?

Sergio Ramos is out of contract this summer, 34 years old, worth a go? I’m undecided, was an amazing player, but I’ve not really seen him play for the last year or so. I can’t imagine he needs a pay day, so may look for a challenge on good money rather than Chinese mega money?

Wages would obviously be high, but would leave transfer funds to buy a young/peak CB as well?
Chinese Mega money has gone now. They changed the tax rules to stop it

If he can perform as well as Pepe did against Juventus this week then got to be worth a punt, wage demands permitting.

It depends on availability of other quality CBs options. If lacking, Ramos is a excellent stop gap as he is quality and just buys us time to either shift Sanchez or Dier without being in a panic. Tanganga and Rodon will be another year on then as well.

Did him and Mourinho get on well?

I'm sure our commutation channels with RM are pretty decent.

Currently out with a torn meniscus according to transfermarkt. Some other smaller injuries too this season so only 14 league appearances this season. Played 35 in the league last season though.

Would be happy with him even if some more injury problems can be expected. He's a bastard, a winner, a top class CB at his best. Could really do with someone like that.

Not sure I would be happy with him as our only incoming CB though. Don't think it's very likely. If he's still good enough he'll stay or go to a richer club would be my guess.

A great player who is a winner as well, probably still better then anyone else we have got at the moment.

Sergio Ramos is top notch. Quality player in both ends of the pitch. Over 100 goals for Real Madrid! As a centre back!

Anyone think that Sergio and Toby in a back 4 might leave us a bit vulnerable as neither are the quickest these days.

Might work either side of Sanchez in a 3?

I think we can forget about Ramos. He is just haggling for the terms on his extension. Even if he did leave it won't be to us (let's be honest). Definitely need new CBs...I'm just hoping it's not Skriniar though!

I think we can forget about Ramos. He is just haggling for the terms on his extension. Even if he did leave it won't be to us (let's be honest). Definitely need new CBs...I'm just hoping it's not Skriniar though!
We’d absolutely need champs league football, so highly unlikely.

Back