• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I dont see what Naglesmann would bring to Spurs ... his age is appealing but we know the shelf life of managers

In their last match against borussia gladbags they came from 2 goals down to beat them 3-2, they did not panic despite facing a team of equal quality, they continued to apply sustained pressure in a pleasing on the eye attacking manner. So the is that.

Or we could go for the big name. Which is not looking like it is working to well. Maybe Mourinho is a has been on not really a big name anymore. Guess levy could also get on the blower to Pep and see if he fancies a change.

If your one of the ones who fancies sticking with Mourinho then great but if you want a change and don't fancy watching the brick of this year who should we go for?

By the way I'm not one of those who hates Rodgers for some perceived arrogance so would not mind him either.

We do need to shift some of the foreign lads if we sign him.

...agreed, and therein lies our biggest problem for the summer window. Sissoko, Sanchez, Moura, Lamela...its difficult to think of a non-HG player in our squad who is going to be easy to shift, partly because of our price expectations, partly because of falling TV money in some leagues and partly because of wages

...agreed, and therein lies our biggest problem for the summer window. Sissoko, Sanchez, Moura, Lamela...its difficult to think of a non-HG player in our squad who is going to be easy to shift, partly because of our price expectations, partly because of falling TV money in some leagues and partly because of wages

Wonder if we can use some of them in deals. Like if we do go for botman could we put sissoko in the deal.

Or if we go back in for Skirnir perhaps put Lo Celso as well.

Wonder if we can use some of them in deals. Like if we do go for botman could we put sissoko in the deal.

Or if we go back in for Skirnir perhaps put Lo Celso as well.

Swap deals always look great on paper and in theory....but how many happen?

1 deal has enough moving parts....1 in each direction reduces the probability of something happening substantially

Swap deals always look great on paper and in theory....but how many happen?

1 deal has enough moving parts....1 in each direction reduces the probability of something happening substantially

Your quite right.

Just thinking we are not in normal times.

Tell a player that they are not going to get a squad number and very few will stick around. Of course it does mean our great bald leader will need to get real on valuations and perhaps grease the wheels of a sale by giving the player something of a pay off.

I think at the right price we could find takers for all of Dier, Davies, Doherty, Sissoko and Lamela (that is five overseas players, none of which who are first choice). I'm not saying that we should sell all of those just that if they were told at the start of the summer that they weren't going to get a squad number next season then they would all be happy to leave just as long as they were not going to be worse off financially.

Tell a player that they are not going to get a squad number and very few will stick around. Of course it does mean our great bald leader will need to get real on valuations and perhaps grease the wheels of a sale by giving the player something of a pay off.

I think at the right price we could find takers for all of Dier, Davies, Doherty, Sissoko and Lamela (that is five overseas players, none of which who are first choice). I'm not saying that we should sell all of those just that if they were told at the start of the summer that they weren't going to get a squad number next season then they would all be happy to leave just as long as they were not going to be worse off financially.
Sure. That would get the job done.

It would be one hell of a starting point for negotiations for any team wanting to sign those players. "Yeah, we know you want X, we also know you've told the player he won't get a squad number."

Same for negotiations about us paying off some of their wages.

And then there's the consequences of a deeply unhappy player sticking around if we don't find a suitable fee somewhere.

I'd be very surprised if Levy put himself in that position with any player with any potential value in the market. Personally I don't think he should either. But I suppose there might be some hypothetical exceptions.

Aarons still has 3 years on his contract in the summer so going to be hard to prise away.

How has Lamptey at Brighton been getting on this season? Looked good when i saw him earlier in the season

Aarons, Aurier, Reggie and Sess would be a really good quartet of full backs
It really would
Enough variety in there
I do think we’re looking at right back still
I’ve heard locally via a scout friend we want Aaron’s and have been trying to do a deal

Back