• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Real Madrid were willing to pay £189m for Kylian Mbappe, but PSG failed to respond to their bid; Real will now focus on signing a pre-contract agreement with the forward in January; Mbappe's PSG deal expires at the end of the season, when he will be able to join Real on a free transfer

Real Madrid were willing to pay £189m for Kylian Mbappe, but PSG failed to respond to their bid; Real will now focus on signing a pre-contract agreement with the forward in January; Mbappe's PSG deal expires at the end of the season, when he will be able to join Real on a free transfer

Very odd on PSG's behalf. Can't go two seasons without winning the league, if they do Poch is toast as well.

The other big problem is the amount of time Romero and GLC will have to miss due to internationals. Throw a few injuries in and things will start to look threadbare quite quickly.

Considering we brought in a recognised DOF it's not great is it.
We've moved some players on; brought in new players who are clearly a balance of who the DoF knows and the profile the manager wants, and seemed to be very agile at all points to get who we needed depending on the situation; kept our best striker so didn't need a high profile replacement; have a squad with decent balance for a manager that prefers a small squad

Well sadly I think we are moving towards serious disappointment by 31st August. I think it may play out like this: No more incomings by 30th August as Levy can't get any of those not wanted out of the door at the prices he wants. Then, on 31st, Emirates Marketing Project break the Bank and agree £150M for Harry. Levy says thank you very much and then scratches around to get a striker in by midnight. Frazier Campbell not available so we get Carlos Kickaball from Obscure little club FC and Nuno says we have Son and Alli and now Carlos and all will be fine. Levy banks a BIG profit and chuckles all the way to the Bank. And before all the Levy supporters pile into me - I would love to be proved very, very wrong and I will gladly give the little fella real credit for proving me so - but he has form in this area :(
So about that big profit and this Carlos guy...

I don’t know why we haven’t gone for Van Der Beek and offered them first refusal on Kane when we eventually sell.

edit: obviously on top of some money! :p

I know what you’re saying but what exactly are we replacing with Vini? He got a handful of games in Europe, which will go to Scarlett and naff all game time in the league. Son is our backup striker, he always does well as the main man and we have enough AMs to cater for when Son plays up front. As for replacing Bale that clearly is going to be Gil - of course he isn’t the finished article, but if you gave me the choice I’d rather have Gil here over Bale this season. I would have liked a playmaker CM like Neves, I think that is our biggest weakness right now but hopefully we can integrate NDombele AGAIN. But all in all I think things are taking shape, we need another couple of windows but are getting there…..
Yeah Vini was never a serious option in the end but I’d still like us to be looking at an option. I think Scarlett is even less likely to be trusted to lead the line than a lower prem level battering ram.

Im not sure Gil is Bale’s replacement, I do like the look of him but I’d be surprised if he weighs in with 10 prem goals even if they were against the weaker teams in the league. Squad wise he’s a potential upgrade on Lamela if you prefer beating a man to brickhousery.

Son can cover Kane, albeit in a different way, there is no one who really covers Son in terms of goal threat from AMF, so whenever Kane is out we weaken 2 positions to cover it.
Every other club in the league has a backup CF, I know we had a sensitive situation whereby Kane would play every minute he was available for and we let him as we wanted him to prefer us to more competitive clubs but given what has happened this summer that shouldn’t factor as much when it comes to subbing it even resting him.

Yeah Vini was never a serious option in the end but I’d still like us to be looking at an option. I think Scarlett is even less likely to be trusted to lead the line than a lower prem level battering ram.

Im not sure Gil is Bale’s replacement, I do like the look of him but I’d be surprised if he weighs in with 10 prem goals even if they were against the weaker teams in the league. Squad wise he’s a potential upgrade on Lamela if you prefer beating a man to brickhousery.

Son can cover Kane, albeit in a different way, there is no one who really covers Son in terms of goal threat from AMF, so whenever Kane is out we weaken 2 positions to cover it.
Every other club in the league has a backup CF, I know we had a sensitive situation whereby Kane would play every minute he was available for and we let him as we wanted him to prefer us to more competitive clubs but given what has happened this summer that shouldn’t factor as much when it comes to subbing it even resting him.

If lukaku gets injured for chelsea werner will probably play as striker? Is that any different?

Back