• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

We also seem to be putting place a settle system and way of playing, which we lacked last season and is worth a good few points on its own

Still reliant on the counter and space to run into.

Then again Nuno said after game he does not expect to play that way.

Thank goodness we've managed to secure a 4th right back to compliment the fact we only have 2 players that put the ball in the net with any regularity.
What's worse?

-Signing a fourth right back because Nuno only rates one of the existing three and we can't shift any of the unwanted one's.

-Going into the season with three right backs, but only one that Nuno rates because we can't shift any of the unwanted one's?

I don't think there's a categorical right answer to that question. But if Nuno doesn't rate Aurier or Doherty for what he wants, but they can't be shifted I can understand the thinking behind signing one.

Or perhaps the Emerson deal still relies on someone actually leaving.

What's worse?

-Signing a fourth right back because Nuno only rates one of the existing three and we can't shift any of the unwanted one's.

-Going into the season with three right backs, but only one that Nuno rates because we can't shift any of the unwanted one's?

I don't think there's a categorical right answer to that question. But if Nuno doesn't rate Aurier or Doherty for what he wants, but they can't be shifted I can understand the thinking behind signing one.

Or perhaps the Emerson deal still relies on someone actually leaving.
Scary that some people would rather we suffer players who are brick and don’t want to be here
Rather than replace players with pens the manager wants when we can
At the end of the window we will have signed I assume 2 first choice defenders which was an area of massive weakness for us last season
Add in the youth we have added and the dead wood shifted and it’s massive progress

Scary that some people would rather we suffer players who are brick and don’t want to be here
At the end of the window we will have signed I assume 2 first choice defenders which was an area of massive weakness for us last season
Add in the youth we have added and the dead wood shifted and it’s massive progress

Wouldn't be shocked if we cancel serges contract at some point today.

Wouldn't be shocked if we cancel serges contract at some point today.

I doubt because of him, he wants to move, wants no risk to his income but is unable to find a buying club that he wants to go to (despite supposedly his agent telling the club that he would get Aurier sold)

Massive? Even with a shiny new DOF?

The RB sounds like it could be a wild card. The CB has obvious class.

It’s not quite the window I had in mind with Bale and Vini going - and definitely not massive!

I was hoping we'd do more business this window, but I think the players we've got will strengthen us, and we'll keep on building in January and next summer. Nothing to get upset about, in my opinion. Quite happy with the window. Certainly could've been a lot worse.

Massive? Even with a shiny new DOF?

The RB sounds like it could be a wild card. The CB has obvious class.

It’s not quite the window I had in mind with Bale and Vini going - and definitely not massive!

massive weakness
We couldn’t stop teams scoring
We have now added to that defence and are shipping the dead wood there
That’s BIG improvement
Last seasons defence would have conceded at Wolves

If we can afford to have two senior right backs to n the payroll as 3rd and 4th choice then that would be amazing progress for us as a club. I think the discontent is there are other positions where we feel we are light so it would be disappointing to be overstocked in one area and under stocked on others.

if the manager believes this is the best use of his budget then we must respect that decision. I just feel that we lack goals from the right side and we lack a physical presence if Kane is not firing / not fit. I’d kinda got used to the idea that we pandered to Kane by letting him play every game / rarely get subbed / take free kicks because he was performing above the level of anyone else we could attract, but whilst I’m pleased we retained him I thought his behaviour would mean we could now start to implement a plan to become a little less reliant on him but also keep him fresher for the entire season.
I agree the defence was the priority, I just expected bodies in to replace Bale and Vincius but I guess Vini was cheap as chips and Bale was a one off 10-15m investment that cannot be repeated.
I totally understand that we’d have to sell Ndombele to replace him for the other area I think we are light.

If we can afford to have two senior right backs to n the payroll as 3rd and 4th choice then that would be amazing progress for us as a club. I think the discontent is there are other positions where we feel we are light so it would be disappointing to be overstocked in one area and under stocked on others.

if the manager believes this is the best use of his budget then we must respect that decision. I just feel that we lack goals from the right side and we lack a physical presence if Kane is not firing / not fit. I’d kinda got used to the idea that we pandered to Kane by letting him play every game / rarely get subbed / take free kicks because he was performing above the level of anyone else we could attract, but whilst I’m pleased we retained him I thought his behaviour would mean we could now start to implement a plan to become a little less reliant on him but also keep him fresher for the entire season.
I agree the defence was the priority, I just expected bodies in to replace Bale and Vincius but I guess Vini was cheap as chips and Bale was a one off 10-15m investment that cannot be repeated.
I totally understand that we’d have to sell Ndombele to replace him for the other area I think we are light.
I know what you’re saying but what exactly are we replacing with Vini? He got a handful of games in Europe, which will go to Scarlett and naff all game time in the league. Son is our backup striker, he always does well as the main man and we have enough AMs to cater for when Son plays up front. As for replacing Bale that clearly is going to be Gil - of course he isn’t the finished article, but if you gave me the choice I’d rather have Gil here over Bale this season. I would have liked a playmaker CM like Neves, I think that is our biggest weakness right now but hopefully we can integrate NDombele AGAIN. But all in all I think things are taking shape, we need another couple of windows but are getting there…..

Would be nice to get one surprise deal, doesn't need to a be a big player, just one completely under the radar.

Back