• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Whose the player West Ham have just spent £33.5m on (nothing special it seems)

West Ham have signed Croatia midfielder Nikola Vlasic from CSKA Moscow.

The Hammers will pay 30m euros (£26.8m), plus 9m (£7.7m) in add-ons for the 23-year-old, who has signed a five-year contract that includes the option for an extra year.

Vlasic has 26 caps for Croatia, four of which came at Euro 2020, including as a substitute against England at Wembley.

He joined Everton in August 2017 for £10m and made 19 appearances before joining CSKA in the summer of 2019.

The deal could end West Ham's hopes of bringing Jesse Lingard back to the club from Manchester United.

Lingard, having fallen out of favour at Old Trafford, scored nine goals in 16 games after joining West Ham on loan in January.

Vlasic has played more than 250 senior matches in his career, which began at Hajduk Split.

He scored 33 goals and assisted 21 for CSKA in the past two seasons and was named Russian Premier League Footballer of the Year in 2020.

Yep I think that’s it now. Not really overly pleased with the Window . Could have 3 RBs on book and only 1 CF. That’s not going to look to clever if Kane gets injured.

Thought two CBs would have been minimum requirement and a CM as Tubby and GLC not really pulled up trees. Think we finish 7/8 behind Leicester and Wet Spam.

The other big problem is the amount of time Romero and GLC will have to miss due to internationals. Throw a few injuries in and things will start to look threadbare quite quickly.

Considering we brought in a recognised DOF it's not great is it.

Yep I think that’s it now. Not really overly pleased with the Window . Could have 3 RBs on book and only 1 CF. That’s not going to look to clever if Kane gets injured.

Thought two CBs would have been minimum requirement and a CM as Tubby and GLC not really pulled up trees. Think we finish 7/8 behind Leicester and Wet Spam.

hahaha, 7th or 8th, that's fudging hilarious mate (that Jose train wreck of a side should have walked 3rd last season, we dropped 23 points from winning positions and 11 of those would have put us well clear in 3rd)

We will be 5th barring some kind of injury disaster.

I'd have to assume Paratici is going to try to re-enforce in January as well .

The other big problem is the amount of time Romero and GLC will have to miss due to internationals. Throw a few injuries in and things will start to look threadbare quite quickly.

Considering we brought in a recognised DOF it's not great is it.

We have plenty of cover for cb. Rodon, dier, tanganga, sanchez, davies. Also cm.

This isn't a cl season. We are in the conference, where we will most likely blood the kids. We should be fine numbers wise.

We have plenty of cover for cb. Rodon, dier, tanganga, sanchez, davies. Also cm.

This isn't a cl season. We are in the conference, where we will most likely blood the kids. We should be fine numbers wise.

We don't have plenty of quality should be starters CB though

hahaha, 7th or 8th, that's fudging hilarious mate (that Jose train wreck of a side should have walked 3rd last season, we dropped 23 points from winning positions and 11 of those would have put us well clear in 3rd)

5th/6th looks around right to me. I think we'd need one of the top 4 to underperform to a reasonable extent, or us outperform similarly, for us to get 4th

I know lots of people harp on about how many times we hit the woodwork and and how many points we dropped....but we also had Kane and Son in the form of their lives for a couple months

Glad you think that. 5th ? No chance. We had Bale to chip in last season. Heavily reliant on Son and Kane. Leicester finish above us and Wet Spam remind me of Moyes Everton sides will be tough to crack.

The deal could end West Ham's hopes of bringing Jesse Lingard back to the club from Manchester United.

Remember when pundits and everyone were saying how Lingard was world class, they forgot about that quickly haha

Similar thing with Sterling, during the Euros he was "one of the best players in the world" yet nobody is lambasting Pep for not even starting him.

Ruben Neves would be amazing.

Possibly not great news for Dele, but hopefully we'll work on more flexible midfield formations rather than the "wall of 3" we've seen so far (which doesn't suit Dele much tbh).

Everyone saying we won't finish top 4, I'm going to be gutted if we don't win the league! :) :)

Glad you think that. 5th ? No chance. We had Bale to chip in last season. Heavily reliant on Son and Kane. Leicester finish above us and Wet Spam remind me of Moyes Everton sides will be tough to crack.

We'll see mate .. side is better than you think, you worry about our reliance on Son and Kane but not Leicester with Vardy and West Ham with Antonio?

Leicester have plenty of goals from others.

Kane , Son and Bale scored all our prem goals.

West Ham maybe they’ll have an issue.

I feel our squad is still full of holes . Think people are getting carried away after the start of season. Are we really stronger ? Maybe slightly in defence but other than that not really.

Not so much against City but Wolves and Watford game have given me concern as to how we lack in midfield. People will talk Dele and yes he worked hard but he’s not really a threat. GLC and Tanguy have been duds. How much time shall we give them ? Eriksen type player has never been replaced. That’s why Kane is forever fudging about in midfield rather than occupying the CBs.

Next few games will tell us a lot and I think we will all be getting a dose of reality that we are not going to trouble the top 5/6 in the table .

I’m glad you are an optimist.

It's also Nuno's first season and he needs to assess the squad. If he can get Sanchez, Dele, Ndombele and Dier playing to their potential, we've saved a lot of money to put towards where he thinks we need to strengthen. If not, we'll have a better idea of what we need.

I feel our squad is still full of holes . Think people are getting carried away after the start of season. Are we really stronger ? Maybe slightly in defence but other than that not really.

Not so much against City but Wolves and Watford game have given me concern as to how we lack in midfield. People will talk Dele and yes he worked hard but he’s not really a threat. GLC and Tanguy have been duds. How much time shall we give them ? Eriksen type player has never been replaced. That’s why Kane is forever fudging about in midfield rather than occupying the CBs.

Next few games will tell us a lot and I think we will all be getting a dose of reality that we are not going to trouble the top 5/6 in the table .

Only on a Spurs forum do you get a post like this, sitting top of the league, 100% record, no goals conceded. I wish we'd won the CL, if only to see what people still had to moan about.

We also seem to be putting place a settle system and way of playing, which we lacked last season and is worth a good few points on its own

Only on a Spurs forum do you get a post like this, sitting top of the league, 100% record, no goals conceded. I wish we'd won the CL, if only to see what people still had to moan about.

Sitting top of the league , brilliant stuff . Makes us nailed on title favourites !!

Come on . Sitting top does not mask our issues.

sorry to moan as you put it.

Back