• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Velijovic is apparently just having a contract stand-off. I reckon if that gets sorted before the January window we could sell Fazio and promote him into the 25. Being a CB-DM, he'd be ideal cover for Dier.

Where have you heard that?

It wasn't Windy I read it from, but some other youth team fanboy somewhere.

Apparently though his current contract is to 2017, not 2016.

And he was close to signing a new one, but it stalled and that's why we pulled him out of the loan move to Sporting Gijon.

Who are you saying Pritchard is the closest like for like in this? If you mean N'jie I wouldn't agree with that at all but I may have misunderstood the post!

Eider back in on loan to steady the ship would do me fine.

My bad. I meant that I think Pritchard is closer to Eriksen, Lamela and Son in style as opposed to Chadli and N'jie who offer something different.

See we are being linked with Solly March at Brighton.

I watch about 7 Brighton games live a season and have seen plenty of March. If we do not have better then him in our academy I would be very surprised.

It wasn't Windy I read it from, but some other youth team fanboy somewhere.

Apparently though his current contract is to 2017, not 2016.

And he was close to signing a new one, but it stalled and that's why we pulled him out of the loan move to Sporting Gijon.

It's difficult to read too much into it when we do not know where it came from

Surely we'll be back in for Berahino? In fact can see City going in for him as Aguero is injured a lot and he won't be cup tied for Europe. Even UTD as well.

Surely we'll be back in for Berahino? In fact can see City going in for him as Aguero is injured a lot and he won't be cup tied for Europe. Even UTD as well.

I'd imagine we might make an offer for Berahino but it wouldn't be higher than our highest offer last summer.....why would we offer more in Jan than we were prepared to in August? So whether they sell him will come down to how much of a risk they see it that he walks for nothing when his contract is up vs how much they feel they need him to stay up

I'd imagine we might make an offer for Berahino but it wouldn't be higher than our highest offer last summer.....why would we offer more in Jan than we were prepared to in August? So whether they sell him will come down to how much of a risk they see it that he walks for nothing when his contract is up vs how much they feel they need him to stay up

They are gonna need the money from his sale to shore up their squad to stave off relegation so similar money to before might persuade them.

On a separate note i fudging hate Liverpool.

I really do not see us going for Berahino again, nor Peace selling to us. Hopefully Mitchell has another Son in his sights somewhere that will take us all by surprise and turn out to be an impactful player.

I really do not see us going for Berahino again, nor Peace selling to us. Hopefully Mitchell has another Son in his sights somewhere that will take us all by surprise and turn out to be an impactful player.

If your crystal ball tells you that Berahino wouldnt have an impact and we aren't going to sign him, any chance of the EuroMillions numbers?

So basically you want a 'crap Kane'?

Personally I'd rather have two versatile forwards who can do a job up there (Son and Njie), than buy a 'CF Vorm' (which they'd become with Kane, like Lloris, being such an unquestionable #1).

That never happens. Even in 2011/12.

We are already out of one cup, so we know we won't be competing on 4 fronts again. If anything we usually tend to trim the squad in January, which is why I think 2-3 will leave and no first team squad players will come in.

I disagree with you here. I really don't think that either N'Jie or Son are suited to playing in Kane's role. Especially if putting them there without playing Kane behind them. The difference between a back-up striker and a back-up keeper is that keepers don't really tend to need a rest, strikers do need a rest. At the moment we are being forced into playing Kane in every single game. I don't think we can hope to continue with that without completely breaking him. The fact that the club were in for Berahino in August shows that Pochettino wants another CF option in the squad. I don't see why that would've changed between September the 1st and December the 1st, especially as all that would've happened in those 3 months is Kane getting even more knackered.

We might be trimming the squad in January, but it will be in positions where we have multiple players competing for 1 or 2 positions, not an area where we have one viable option.

I disagree with you here. I really don't think that either N'Jie or Son are suited to playing in Kane's role. Especially if putting them there without playing Kane behind them. The difference between a back-up striker and a back-up keeper is that keepers don't really tend to need a rest, strikers do need a rest. At the moment we are being forced into playing Kane in every single game. I don't think we can hope to continue with that without completely breaking him. The fact that the club were in for Berahino in August shows that Pochettino wants another CF option in the squad. I don't see why that would've changed between September the 1st and December the 1st, especially as all that would've happened in those 3 months is Kane getting even more knackered.

We might be trimming the squad in January, but it will be in positions where we have multiple players competing for 1 or 2 positions, not an area where we have one viable option.

That was before Poch pulled the plug on Lamela leaving. Of the front four rotating, it is quite often Lamela who is the most advanced when Kane drops back. Maybe it was Poch's intention to use Berahino in a similar way.

I think Lamela's form could well have negated the need for another forward in January, just as Dier's has with a CM.

Hmm, Lamela i'll give you. But we may be taking a BIG risk in relying on Dier as our more defensive-minded CM going into the latter part of the season. He'll probabaly need some rest and also teams may start to 'find him out.' It's at this point that a new (more experienced?) option comes in handy.
In fact, vs Liverpool in a week will tell a lot about how we cope without Dier...

Maybe we will sign that Polish midfielder we have been linked with the last few transfer windows. We might polish him up.

180314_1.jpg

Back