• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Both are very unlikely, but I would think that signing Coutinho would prove even more difficult than Mata at this point for us.

Liverpool see us as direct competitors for top 4. I don't think Chelsea see us as that much of a league rival at this point.

Agree - unfortunately - as they are just the players we need to take us to another level.

Both are very unlikely, but I would think that signing Coutinho would prove even more difficult than Mata at this point for us.

Liverpool see us as direct competitors for top 4. I don't think Chelsea see us as that much of a league rival at this point.

There is no way Chelsea would sell to us. Would be good to go for Coutinho though just to try to unsettle him!

Looking at the relative positions in the pecking order of clubs between Spurs and Arsenal (now they go into the CL proper as a top seed) it makes our early signings seem more a necessity rather than an added bonus.

Agree - unfortunately - as they are just the players we need to take us to another level.

I think that the jury is still out on Coutinho. He had a really good second half of the season after joining Liverpool in January but he has started brightly at clubs before fading before.

Latest from Di Marzio:

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/tottenham-visite-in-corso-per-eriksen-lamela-e-chiriches/

Tris per il Tottenham. Dopo l’addio di Gareth Bale, per il quale manca soltanto l’ufficialità del trasferimento al Real Madrid, la società inglese si è scatenata sul mercato. E quindi, adesso sono in corso le visite mediche per Eriksen, che arriverà dall’Ajax, Lamela e Chiriches, che nella giornata di ieri hanno raggiunto Londra. E il Tottenham non si ferma…

Tris for Tottenham. After the departure of Gareth Bale, which was also not only the official's transfer to Real Madrid, the British company has been unleashed on the market. So, now I'm going for a medical Eriksen, who will arrive from Ajax, Lamela and Chiriches, which yesterday reached London. And the Tottenham does not stop ...

His comments frequently end up sounding awesome when translated through google translate :)

I'm thinking that last sentence means that even after those 3 there might be more. But exact meaning isn't always conveyed well in these translated texts. Anyone here speak Italian?

A huge test for Defoe's loyalty and patience.
For a good price I wouldn't mind.

Good! I think that there's a certain portion of the Spurs squad (Defoe, THudd, Lennon, Jenas previously etc) who have been in a comfort zone - seeing Jenas vanish without trace and Thudd get a move to the glorious Hull would hopefully give some players a kick to work harder and improve, rather than basking in the glory of playing for Sprs

Good! I think that there's a certain portion of the Spurs squad (Defoe, THudd, Lennon, Jenas previously etc) who have been in a comfort zone - seeing Jenas vanish without trace and Thudd get a move to the glorious Hull would hopefully give some players a kick to work harder and improve, rather than basking in the glory of playing for Spurs

It is not comfortable at Spurs any more. No favourites. And players breathing down each other's necks.

I have a funny feeling we might see a triple announcement today (maybe a couple of hours before the match) of Chiriches, Lamela and Eriksen.

Still half-expecting to wake up and discover it's only the end of May and I've dreamt this transfer window. Because it really does seem a bit unreal.

Eh? Don't get it. As in a Martini?

Any time, any place, any where, Baldini extra dry?

I just mean what a contrast to previous windows. The Baldy and Baldi combo seems to have turned us into transfer market monsters, suddenly. The Tottenham does not stop!

Back