• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

I thought Isco WAS playing now? And he doesn't have drive or pace or directness at all
Not sure what his situation is now? (and I know it's a tough one dealing with Chelsea) BUT Oscar is a perfect Poch player. If you want drive and directness with plenty of ability and toughness he is all that.

Weren't we mega keen before he signed for them?

Is he just not fancied by Conte?

Isco? While great quality, you might ask, is he that different to what we have now? Isco would be perfect to slot into the team, and he'd be fresh as he's not getting games now.

We need a direct attacking player with real drive to galvanise our attack. Mane, Sanchez, Payet all the type we need. Isco might be the guy, I haven't watched him. We also miss a CM joining attacks and scoring. Dembele won a pen today to be fair and if fit and playing regularly he should get 5-10 goals a season.

Doubt that will ever happen, he has played 7 seasons in England and scored 11 goals in 177 Lge games.

I actually don't think the Isco move would be a very good one for us if it came off. Whilst I like the player I think his attributes are little like Eriksen. I think we need to sign someone with a real turn of pace and can beat someone instantly with a trick rather than by playing a ball through a crowded area of the pitch. I would quite like to see us go for Alex Teixeira who can play anywhere across the three, is quick and definitely has an eye for goal.

I actually don't think the Isco move would be a very good one for us if it came off. Whilst I like the player I think his attributes are little like Eriksen. I think we need to sign someone with a real turn of pace and can beat someone instantly with a trick rather than by playing a ball through a crowded area of the pitch. I would quite like to see us go for Alex Teixeira who can play anywhere across the three, is quick and definitely has an eye for goal.

Isn't that Son? And GKN?

The reason we need someone like Isco is because Eriksen has been underperforming for so long. It's not someone to play alongside him, it's to play instead of him.

Isn't that Son? And GKN?

The reason we need someone like Isco is because Eriksen has been underperforming for so long. It's not someone to play alongside him, it's to play instead of him.

I think you are just then replacing the issue as opposed to addressing it. I think our problem with Eriksen as I have just highlighted in his thread is that we he can't beat a man one on one and imo neither is Isco that player. They are going to thread intricate balls through or at least try and when it doesn't come off and we lose possession then Eriksen becomes a passenger due to his limited athletic output.

GKN and Son are supposed to do that you are correct but GKN is young and very inexperienced in a foreign country and will likely take a few seasons to show if he is really up to par and Son for me would be a squad player.

Im going to throw a name into the hat here as a possible signing for January (thought his manager probably wouldn't let it happen)

Memphis Depay.

We are crying out for some individual brilliance in a well drilled team. I think having him as an option when teams park the bus would be great. We have obviously tried for him under Poch previous so there must be something that is liked by THFC.

We need a player to turn draws into wins. Maybe now Kane is back, he is that man, but I would like something different for the 3 attacking midfielders and GKN is a young guy. At least Depay has some (if little) pedigree.
Can't see it happening really, but before he went to utd he was one of the most exiting young players in the Dutch league with the ball at his feet. I'm not sure on his work ethic but some judicious use of nipple electrodes may sort out that problem.

Doubt that will ever happen, he has played 7 seasons in England and scored 11 goals in 177 Lge games.

He's not going to be prolific. But Poch got him into the player he is now, only a year ago! If I recall, at this time last year, you still thought Dembele's days were numbered with us. Part of Poch's plan for Dembele is more goals and assists. He won us a point yesterday. And if fit I don't see why he can't add goals. He can strike the ball well.

Strong rumours going round today that Mourinho wants to get rid of Luke Shaw. The last guy who had him looking like a teenage Bale surging forward from left-back that made United want to spend £30m on him was our very own Mauricio Pochettino.

Rose has come on massively since Poch took over, but I think everyone would agree that Shaw has the potential to go a lot further in the game.

Would like to see us keeping an eye on this one...

Strong rumours going round today that Mourinho wants to get rid of Luke Shaw. The last guy who had him looking like a teenage Bale surging forward from left-back that made United want to spend £30m on him was our very own Mauricio Pochettino.

Rose has come on massively since Poch took over, but I think everyone would agree that Shaw has the potential to go a lot further in the game.

To be honest I never saw what the fuss was with Shaw, but maybe I just didn't see the right games.
Rose for me every day of the week.

Rose looks better for us than Shaw ever did at Southampton imo

Not sure what his situation is now? (and I know it's a tough one dealing with Chelsea) BUT Oscar is a perfect Poch player. If you want drive and directness with plenty of ability and toughness he is all that.

Weren't we mega keen before he signed for them?

Is he just not fancied by Conte?
Isco has definitely been playing regularly of late, been playing quite well too. Another decent assist from him last night for Bale....

Rose looks better for us than Shaw ever did at Southampton imo
Would rather it Shaw being rotated with Rose than Davies though. I think Poch would coach Shaw to a level at least as good as Rose has got to. Not that I think this would happen mind.....

Would rather it Shaw being rotated with Rose than Davies though. I think Poch would coach Shaw to a level at least as good as Rose has got to. Not that I think this would happen mind.....

Hmmm maybe - not sure we could keep them both happy though

£30m for a sub? With a dodgy injury past.

There's a decent chance he will be the first openly gay EPL player, so that would be quite cool in a Walter Tull kind of way

Shaw would cost too much for a backup player, would not want to be a backup player and is probably making more money now than our highest earners.

He's not going to be prolific. But Poch got him into the player he is now, only a year ago! If I recall, at this time last year, you still thought Dembele's days were numbered with us. Part of Poch's plan for Dembele is more goals and assists. He won us a point yesterday. And if fit I don't see why he can't add goals. He can strike the ball well.

Just to make it clear i have always said Dembele had the ability to be a much better player but until Poch got hold of him and focused him more into using that ability he flattered to deceive and frustrated the hell out of me.

My post was more in answer to you saying that Dembélé should be scoring 5-10 goals a season, in 7 seasons in England he has scored 11 goals in Lge games and the most in one season is 3. Now unless Poch gets into his head again as i said in my post i DOUBT that will happen.

Just to make it clear i have always said Dembele had the ability to be a much better player but until Poch got hold of him and focused him more into using that ability he flattered to deceive and frustrated the hell out of me.

My post was more in answer to you saying that Dembélé should be scoring 5-10 goals a season, in 7 seasons in England he has scored 11 goals in Lge games and the most in one season is 3. Now unless Poch gets into his head again as i said in my post i DOUBT that will happen.

Certainly past performance is not encouraging. Dembele needs to come out his shell. Drive into the box and shoot, or shimmy and shoot. The technique is there. Just putting it together. We are missing midfields who score. Dembele needs to, and I think he will. If he stays fit. At Fullham and before England he was playing as a winger and no 10.

A player who looks like he is starting to reach te hype is Traore now at Borough

He is bossing us wing, beating me with ease and has pace galore

He looks like the player I hope sissoko could be... but he is 7 years younger I think and cost a fraction of the money... but Sherwood did want him when he was here

Back