• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

How about more realistically Arnatouvic or Carrasco from Athletico.

Carrassco - More realistically?! Lol

No chance. He won't leave Athletico unless we pay serious money, talking £65m+, and even then, if he leaves then we'll face competition from clubs who would blow our idea of proposed salary out of the window!

Personally I would like to see us buy some players this window to provide a bit of "oomph" but they need to be the right players and it's just difficult to find them, especially in mid-season. I would trust the club and Poch that if we don't end up buying anyone, it won't be for the lack of trying.

Carrassco - More realistically?! Lol

No chance. He won't leave Athletico unless we pay serious money, talking £65m+, and even then, if he leaves then we'll face competition from clubs who would blow our idea of proposed salary out of the window!
Yes, you are probably right.
But has his price escalated so much?

Personally I would like to see us buy some players this window to provide a bit of "oomph" but they need to be the right players and it's just difficult to find them, especially in mid-season. I would trust the club and Poch that if we don't end up buying anyone, it won't be for the lack of trying.

I don't think we're trying at all. Poch doesn't seem to really like signings - he's talked about his 3 additions a year maximum ideal. We don't even have a head of scouting at the moment with Mitchell on gardening leave.

What the f&@k has the stock market got to do with it?

Because many supporters have the same amount of patience as those people working at the stock market., especially those who screams for new player after every match where the team haven't performed the way they expect. Those types of supporters wants a transfer window every Sunday...

But if the same mindset was used by the board of any fotballclub, the club will go bankrupt at least once a year.

Funny how the price of players with little left on their contracts has even inflated. Snodgrass, Berahino etc.

Clubs must still be desperate enough to secure these players (or its just in line with the overall price inflation?)

Use to be a favourite of Levy though. Holtby, trippier etc ...sneaking them at bargains. Not sure he'd be as keen now.

Wow... I'd be Suprised if he saw that as progress

He is out of contract in 6 months unless Hull invoke an extension clause which I think may have a caveat around relegation

They invoked that clause just before Christmas when West Ham were first interested and he had refused to discuss fully an extension so his contract currently runs until June 2018.
Good money for them that they can prep towards coming back when the inevitable occurs and if it doesn't then it is money in the bank for the summer for a player that doesn't want to be there.

Good signing for Burnley though if it goes through, gets a reasonable number of goals and will likely help them stay up.

I don't think we're trying at all. Poch doesn't seem to really like signings - he's talked about his 3 additions a year maximum ideal. We don't even have a head of scouting at the moment with Mitchell on gardening leave.
It has barely crossed my mind that we might buy someone. I'm very comfortable with the squad and haven't really got engaged with this window, nor wished for anyone, I am just assuming we don't need anyone as our "roster" to use an Americanism, is full

It has barely crossed my mind that we might buy someone. I'm very comfortable with the squad and haven't really got engaged with this window, nor wished for anyone, I am just assuming we don't need anyone as our "roster" to use an Americanism, is full

The only things I thought would be useful to do this window was to sell Carroll (done), and see if we can make Fazio, Bentaleb and Njie permanent where their conditions have been met (looks like Fazio will happen imminently, though the other two being at the CAN might hinder theirs).

Back