• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

It would be a statement of intent.

You have no idea how much phrases like that irritate me together with "marquee signing" and "big name" signings. I think we have an impressive squad, how many of them would you call a "big name" or "marquee" signing.

If he were to sign Isco I would be happy because he is a quality player and Poch wanted him, but I could not give a toss about the hype of "statements of intents".

You have no idea how much phrases like that irritate me together with "marquee signing" and "big name" signings. I think we have an impressive squad, how many of them would you call a "big name" or "marquee" signing.

If he were to sign Isco I would be happy because he is a quality player and Poch wanted him, but I could not give a toss about the hype of "statements of intents".
Sorry for irritating you. I'll be more careful with my vocabulary in future. Maybe a PM before I post anything just in case?

Would be surprised given that we tend to not make too many/any January signings in recent memory.

We've made tons of marquee signings in January.

hi-res-19a0d2d056fdc6ff45de91d2dffcb878_crop_north.jpg

pascal_chimbonda_signing_405.jpg

bongani730.jpg

The last time I can remember us seriously splashing out in January was in 2009, when we rebuilt the squad we sold off the previous summer by essentially buying them back six months on. :) Of the signings we made then, Palacios stands out as among the most transformative, just because of the tigerishness he brought to our midfield and how he helped (hopefully) permanently end our seemingly conflicted feeling as a club about playing water carriers over flair players.

If we genuinely went and got Isco in January after splashing out for Sissoko on deadline day, it would rank as equally transformative, in my opinion. It would define our (and Levy's) complete transformation from the penny-pinching entity of recent times into being players in the market chiefly concerned with backing our manager first and worrying about balancing it out after that. We're halfway there after the encouraging late move for Sissoko. Something like Isco in January would seal the deal, break a lot of stereotypes and signal intent (despite @NaijaSpurs 's distaste for that term :p ).

Still, seems very unlikely, so I won't be losing too much sleep over it, or really tearing my hair out over it potentially not happening - to do so after Levy broke our transfer record and our recent trend of neutral net spending to bring in Sissoko would just be ungrateful.

The last time I can remember us seriously splashing out in January was in 2009, when we rebuilt the squad we sold off the previous summer by essentially buying them back six months on. :) Of the signings we made then, Palacios stands out as among the most transformative, just because of the tigerishness he brought to our midfield and how he helped (hopefully) permanently end our seemingly conflicted feeling as a club about playing water carriers over flair players.

If we genuinely went and got Isco in January after splashing out for Sissoko on deadline day, it would rank as equally transformative, in my opinion. It would define our (and Levy's) complete transformation from the penny-pinching entity of recent times into being players in the market chiefly concerned with backing our manager first and worrying about balancing it out after that. We're halfway there after the encouraging late move for Sissoko. Something like Isco in January would seal the deal, break a lot of stereotypes and signal intent (despite @NaijaSpurs 's distaste for that term :p ).

Still, seems very unlikely, so I won't be losing too much sleep over it, or really tearing my hair out over it potentially not happening - to do so after Levy broke our transfer record and our recent trend of neutral net spending to bring in Sissoko would just be ungrateful.

I think that the summer gone we just saw the benefit of our prudence in previous windows.

If the 4 loans with a view to permanents (Bentaleb, Njie, Fazio and Lopez) go through, our £15m net spend from the summer turns into a £5m net profit

Sorry for irritating you. I'll be more careful with my vocabulary in future. Maybe a PM before I post anything just in case?

Dude, the statement was in way directed at you personally, just a personal observation on my part.

I'd be happy with either Isco or Bernardo Silva as an upgrade on Eriksen.

Ah, I see you are back, well I have been waiting for you at: http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/victor-wanyama.8496/page-8

Specifically page 8 on the Wanyama thread. Remember how all through the summer transfer window when you said he was mediocre, not good enough for Spurs and would never be more than back up to Dier, well I just wondered if you have changed your mind about him or do you still think Wanyama is not good enough? I encourage you to respond in the Wanyama thread.

Back