• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Predictions

Has anyone looked at how our home-grown/overseas situation is now looking? Janssen, Llorente and Vorm have gone, replaced by 1 overseas player in TN. Do we need another player (eg Wanyama) to leave in order to include GLC or Fernandes or are we now ok?
Sanchez and maybe foyth stop counting as u21 and get included in the 17 this season

IN: Lo Celso (or Bruno), Sess
OUT: Eriksen, Onomah, Edwards, CCV (loan), GKN

Feeling quite confident about those two ins. And also pretty confident that this is a better team than last year if we make these moves.

I agree with that, and that we'll be stronger than last year. Could really do with a CF coming in too, though I'd also expect Rose to leave too though.

Do we? Isnt it something like 8 out a 25 man squad need to be home grown i.e. you can only have 17 non home grown players? Or do I have it wrong?

I think we have 16 non HG (below), 17 if you include GKN. In which case Fernandes/GLC would take us to our limit and then we leave GKN out if we cant sell him. I might have the rules wrong though....

Lloris
Gazza
Aurier
Davies
Verts
Toby
Foyth
Sanchez
NDombele
Sissoko
Wanyama
Dier(?)
Moura
Lamela
Eriksen
Son
Davies counts as homegrown for EPL squad but foreign for CL whilst Dier is non-homegrown by both lists criteria.

I guess KWP will be taking Trippier’s homegrown spot in main squad, now he’s over 21

Sanchez and maybe foyth stop counting as u21 and get included in the 17 this season

Sanchez turned 23 in June, so was already part of the 17 last season.

Looks like Foyth is now eligible to go on B-list for CL at least.

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/uefa-rule-affecting-juan-foyth-16628843

I think Lo Celso and Sessegnon will come in.

I think Fernandes will come in, IF, Eriksen leaves. That ones very much a linked kind of situation.

2CV to be sold. Reading Onomah in part X for Sessegnon (and believe it), Wanyama to Bournemouth looks likely.

Isn't 2CV too injured to pass a medical at the moment? I guess he could move back to the USA (no idea when their window is) or anywhere other than the Championship later in the summer.

Fulham could actually really do with him, seeing how terrible their defence is.

No idea about him being injured, but Im pretty sure he wont be getting any games for us and having done well at Swansea will appeal to a few clubs as a buy...

The current reports seem to suggest a £30m deal including Onomah.

Some saying £30m + Onomah but I dont believe that for a second.

Its pure Levy to get Sessegnon for (say) £15m + some deadwood.

When is our third kit supposed to be revealed? Maybe we are holding our signings back to coincide with that? (maybe clutching at straws)

Incomings: No one. Levy decides he's better off getting Sessegnon for free next summer
Outgoings: Eriksen for 40m, Alderweireld to Roma, Omomah, Carter Vickers, NKoudou

Serious relegation fears

Has anyone looked at how our home-grown/overseas situation is now looking? Janssen, Llorente and Vorm have gone, replaced by 1 overseas player in TN. Do we need another player (eg Wanyama) to leave in order to include GLC or Fernandes or are we now ok?

For the Champions League (submission deadline 2nd September)

Non "Locally trained players" 17/17
Lloris
Gazzaniga
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Sanchez
Aurier
Davies
Dier
Wanyama
Sissoko
NDombele
Son
Lamela
NKoudou
Eriksen
Moura
Parrott

Local trained players (Club trained and Association trained) 8/8
Rose
Winks
Kane
Alli
Walker Peters
[Carter Vickers]
[Onomah]
[Georgiou]

B list players (born on or after 1 January 1998 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption)
Foyth
Skipp
Tanganga
Marsh
Whiteman
Roles
etc

So there's space for Sessegnon on the local trained players list. You'd have to shift the likes of Wanyama or NKoudou to bring in Lo Celso etc.

Ok, GLC and Fernandes / Dybala would be insane.

Sessegnon would be great for the future.

Don’t want Coutinho. Can’t imagine we’d be in at a big loan fee.

This is actually quite exciting.

36 hours or so to go, first game of the season on Saturday. Went to my first game at the new stadium last week - amazing... (but they could really lose the ear splitting music on the concourse.)

All looking up, hopefully!

Back