• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Prediction Thread

Hope In: Rodriguez, Moreno, Cabaye
Hope Out: Chiriches, Paulinho, Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue, Dembele (+ BAE and Khumalo)

Expect In: No one
Expect Out: Adebayor, Kaboul, Capoue (+ BAE and Khumalo)

Net Income (or Spend): £15m

You think we would find a buyer for Ade in Jan.. or you thinking loan?

Also I like the idea of Cabaye. He seemed to make Saudi Sportswashing Machine tick and they fell apart when he left. However I don't think I have watched him enough to know exactly what he brings. Is he mostly a Carrick style ball-playing midfielder.

I'm more excited about the squad being trimmed to be honest. Get rid of those not in Poch's plans and let those remaining focus on learning his methods and style of play.

Last edited:
You think we would find a buyer for Ade in Jan.. or you thinking loan?

Also I like the idea of Cabaye. He seemed to make Saudi Sportswashing Machine tick and they fell apart when he left. However I don't think I have watched him enough to know exactly what he brings. Is he mostly a Carrick style ball-playing midfielder.

I'm more excited about the squad being trimmed to be honest. Get rid of those not in Poch's plans and let those remaining focus on learning his methods and style of play.

Isn't Ade out of contract in June? So he's free to sign a pre-contract with a team abroad. So at most we'll get an early release fee similar to we paid for Holtby. I expect he'll go somewhere like Turkey. Or if anyone pays a decent fee for him, it will be QPR (who can't sign him on a pre-contract till May, which will be too late for them).

The thing with Ade is that we paid a negligible transfer fee for him, but he earns somewhere between £5-10m per year (depending on reports). So getting rid for a low/no fee will quickly recoup itself.

Cabaye is primarily a ball-player, but he's tough and aggressive too. He's actually another allrounder, not too dissimilar to Schneiderlin, Mason, Bentaleb and Stambouli etc. Kind of the complete modern CM.

I'd like to see 3 at most come in, but 6-8 leaving would be great too. We already seem unburdened and energised by shedding Ade, Kaboul and Capoue (for whatever reason)

BTW any mod feel free to merge this with Jordinho's thread - they just appeared at the same time (great minds), rather than any attempt at a different angle.

I think we'll have a relatively busy Jan:

Hope In: 2 * CBs, a CF (plus Yedlin), Konoplyanka (would be cheap given contract but think unlikely)
Hope Out: where do you start?!? Paulinho, Chiriches, Kaboul, Ade, Naughton, Dembele, Capoue,.....

Expect In: Moreno, Rabiot, a CF (poss on loan)
Expect Out: Chiriches (to Roma), Adebayor (loan), Paulinho (to Italy), Naughton (loan - given I think Yedlin will arrive), Capoue (loan)

Net Income (or Spend): more or less zero

Hope In: Bale, Ronaldo, Modric, Hummels, Reus, Ivanovic, Kolarov, Varane
Hope Out: Capoue, Ade, Kaboul, Dembele, BAE, Khumalo

Expect In: None
Expect Out: None

Net Income (or Spend):0

I think we'll have a relatively busy Jan:

Hope In: 2 * CBs, a CF (plus Yedlin), Konoplyanka (would be cheap given contract but think unlikely)
Hope Out: where do you start?!? Paulinho, Chiriches, Kaboul, Ade, Naughton, Dembele, Capoue,.....

Expect In: Moreno, Rabiot, a CF (poss on loan)
Expect Out: Chiriches (to Roma), Adebayor (loan), Paulinho (to Italy), Naughton (loan - given I think Yedlin will arrive), Capoue (loan)

Net Income (or Spend): more or less zero

You want 2 new CBs, in addition to Fazio, Verts and Dier?

I don't think there will be many incomings - Poch doesn't like the disrpution of them and already thinks we have far too many players.

We'll be busy on outgoings though, but it won't be anything like August 2013 hysteria levels

I don't think there will be many incomings - Poch doesn't like the disrpution of them and already thinks we have far too many players.

We'll be busy on outgoings though, but it won't be anything like August 2013 hysteria levels

Two clear first team targets though, Moreno and Jay Rodgriguez. Players we were linked with this summer, players Poch has worked with before, players that most likely will be available for reasonable fees. One home-grown, one foreign. Then linked to a couple of younger players, I don't think the Barca players are likely, perhaps Rabiot is. Hardly a huge upheaval. And although Poch might not like the disruption recent development has at least suggested that there are some players he would like to replace.

You want 2 new CBs, in addition to Fazio, Verts and Dier?

I wouldnt mind us signing someone with some experience, say 25 or 26 years old, and an up and coming CB - 19 years old say. All depends on how Fazio and Dier work out - Fazio to me looks very poor on the ball and like an Argie Michael Dawson - I can see him being a squad player but not good enough to be a first choice if we're aiming for top 4 (or perhaps even top 6). Dier, whilst having looked good so far, is still unproven

I wouldnt mind us signing someone with some experience, say 25 or 26 years old, and an up and coming CB - 19 years old say. All depends on how Fazio and Dier work out - Fazio to me looks very poor on the ball and like an Argie Michael Dawson - I can see him being a squad player but not good enough to be a first choice if we're aiming for top 4 (or perhaps even top 6). Dier, whilst having looked good so far, is still unproven

We already have a reportedly very talented 19 year old centre back in Milos Veljkovic though.

Oh, and disagree about Fazio on the ball, but you're not the only one making that observation so probably not worth a long discussion...

We already have a reportedly very talented 19 year old centre back in Milos Veljkovic though.

Oh, and disagree about Fazio on the ball, but you're not the only one making that observation so probably not worth a long discussion...

I agree with you about Veljkovic. The little I've seen of him play has impressed me. I have no idea if he will fulfil his potential... but the potential is definitely there.

As for Fazio, I think the jury is still out. I will always give players the benefit of the doubt, even if they get off to a shaky start. But with Fazio I really started to fear the worst after a few games. He seemed slow, error-prone and uncomfortable with the ball. But his last two appearances have been pretty good and I'm starting to think there might be a half-decent player there after all. As I say, the jury is still out - but I'm more optimistic about him now than I was two weeks ago. Which has to be a good thing.

In preseason, the players that impressed were Veljkovic, Mason and Lennon. I could see Veljkovic making that step up soon.

On the bench at Middlesboro.

As someone whos not seen him, have to ask then why would he be good enough for us soon if cant get in the team at Boro? I appreciate things arent always black and white so not saying he's not good enough....

As someone whos not seen him, have to ask then why would he be good enough for us soon if cant get in the team at Boro? I appreciate things arent always black and white so not saying he's not good enough....

To be fair, fairly recently Mason couldn't get in the team at Doncaster.

Sometimes loan players aren't played for political reasons. Other times the physical brutality of lower leagues just doesn't suit more technical players (Carroll got on quite badly at Derby for instance).

Back