• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Policy

These figures are accurate whether you choose to believe them or not

The doubled wages point has been brought up numerous of times already

These figures are accurate whether you choose to believe them or not

The doubled wages point has been brought up numerous of times already

You believing the figures to be accurate is not the same thing as them being accurate. Looking at the figures again, the increase in year is 60% and not 100% but this still sounds like too much. It'll be interesting to see whether these figures are supported by a more authoritative report such as the Deloitte Annual Review of Football Finances.

I'm really not sure where they have got their figures from. The 2011 Annual Report had our total salaries and bonuses for all staff at ?ú79,058,000 for 2010/11 (the most recent official figures that are available) up from ?ú59,408,000 in 2009/10. I guess that we will have to wait until the new accounts are published in a month or so. Unfortunately, the accounts do not include a figure for just players salaries.

I think the coffers are but the squad is still full; its not a money issue its a regulatory one. What we need to do is identify attainable players, which is what Redknapp has failed to do.

Hang on Punk

But we can identify all we like, but if, as you say, we need to get rid of players first then how can you or i say that Harry has failed this? He im sure has identified targets, like Remy and Hazard to name two, BUT if our squad is packed then we cant really do anything

I'm really not sure where they have got their figures from. The 2011 Annual Report had our total salaries and bonuses for all staff at ?ú79,058,000 for 2010/11 (the most recent official figures that are available) up from ?ú59,408,000 in 2009/10. I guess that we will have to wait until the new accounts are published in a month or so. Unfortunately, the accounts do not include a figure for just players salaries.

We still a PLC?

The last published accounts were this time last year. That was the point I was trying to make, anything more recent than that must be speculation.

I'm not surprised to see wages go up. There must be clauses in some of these contracts that certain players get a payrise if we qualify for the Champions League etc.

I'm not surprised to see wages go up. There must be clauses in some of these contracts that certain players get a payrise if we qualify for the Champions League etc.

Absolutely but the Sporting Intelligence stats that Arcy was quoting claim that they exclude performance bonuses and there is no way that our wages have increased by 60% year on year without this.

Absolutely but the Sporting Intelligence stats that Arcy was quoting claim that they exclude performance bonuses and there is no way that our wages have increased by 60% year on year without this.

I guess it would depend on if the wage increase was regarded as a bonus or not. And considering bonuses are treated as PAYE, I'd be very surprised if anyone outside of the club could come up with a wages figure that didn't have them included.

I guess it would depend on if the wage increase was regarded as a bonus or not. And considering bonuses are treated as PAYE, I'd be very surprised if anyone outside of the club could come up with a wages figure that didn't have them included.

I can't see how they could get that information from anywhere other than the accounts either and they do not support the Sporting Intelligence figures.

ArcspacE said:
I didn't like the figures because they are clearly cannot be accurate

Clearly?

Yes clearly. We publish our accounts annually, these do not support the figures that Sporting Intelligence use and there are no other official figures where you can get our spend on wages.

Back