• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Discussion Thread

Chris Miller ‏@WindyCOYS
The Times are reporting that Berbatov will move to Spurs until the end of the season, with Holtby going on loan to Fulham. #THFC #Spurs

Chris Miller ‏@WindyCOYS
The Times are reporting that Berbatov will move to Spurs until the end of the season, with Holtby going on loan to Fulham. #THFC #Spurs

Don't see the point of this and think it's a bad presence to bring into the dressing room. The one saving grace is at least the new manager will be able to make the final call on Holtby's permanent future.

Hopefully Berbs will fulfil Timmeh's own prophecy about being a player who gets managers sacked.

On the plus side I don't think I've ever seen another player where the ball seems to magically stick to their boots, no matter how much pressure they are under. So great for holding up the ball and retaining possession in the final third. On the minus side the quality of Berbatov's performances seem to depend a lot on who who is partnered with. I don't know whethere Soldado or Ade would fit well, and I'm not sure he has the necessary energy and desire to play up on his own effectively. It will be interesting if we do get him back, though.

Don't see the point of this and think it's a bad presence to bring into the dressing room. The one saving grace is at least the new manager will be able to make the final call on Holtby's permanent future.

Hopefully Berbs will fulfil Timmeh's own prophecy about being a player who gets managers sacked.

This guy is relentless...every post :ross::ross:

Not sure about Berba myself. Not sure he'll be motivated enough to do a good job when called on. How will he deal with being benched. Will we play him with Ade? Instead of? With Soldado? I don't know.

Just like you are there to comment on it every time. Please give it a rest.

Actually if it's not against site rules i won't give it a rest.

GB is allowed to make these negative posts directed at the same subject on EVERY thread....but you're so so quick to tell me to "give it a rest" simply because i'm pointing it out? we're entitled to our opinion...he has his opinion which he points out all the time, so i should be allowed to comment on his opinion (especially when he's opinion isn't even in relation to the thread topic). If it's "just like you are to comment on it every time" then why haven't you told him to give it a rest also.

Actually if it's not against site rules i won't give it a rest.

GB is allowed to make these negative posts directed at the same subject on EVERY thread....but you're so so quick to tell me to "give it a rest" simply because i'm pointing it out? we're entitled to our opinion...he has his opinion which he points out all the time, so i should be allowed to comment on his opinion (especially when he's opinion isn't even in relation to the thread topic). If it's "just like you are to comment on it every time" then why haven't you told him to give it a rest also.

Because his post was at least loosely related to the topic of this thread.

You policing other people's posts isn't related to any topic.

If you're not going to engage with him, but simply ridicule, I will ask you to give it a rest.

Tottenham are at the centre of a transfer scam involving a forged signature after an attempt to sell the north London club a Dutch striker.

Spurs were contacted by a Croatian middle-man saying FC Twente had mandated him to sell Holland Under 21 striker Luc Castaignos, and the club were presented with a document supposedly signed by Twente chairman Joop Munsterman.

After being contact by Tottenham, alarm bells rang at FC Twente with Munsterman having signed no such document. The club have reported the matter to the Dutch FA, the KNVB, asking them to pass it on to UEFA and FIFA.

An FC Twente statement read: 'There has been an attempted fraud when a forged mandate, giving a person the authority to act of our behalf, surfaced. Unbeknown to FC Twente, a player has been offered with this forged document to an English club.

'The forgery has been made known to the KNVB, with the request to pass it on to UEFA and FIFA and take the appropriate measures.'

Gert-Jan Nijweide, FC Twente's finance director, said: 'We have recently been informed of this scam from England. We have sent a letter to the persons who have used the false document, ordering them to stop immediately.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2548011/Tottenham-rumble-transfer-scam-sell-FC-Twente-striker-Castaignos.html

At the centre of a transfer scam .... except the articles state Spurs were one of victims, and acted correctly.

The person at the centre would be the person attempting to pull the strings.

Gutter press. Gutter .... press.

There might not be anyone available, but if there is someone good we could get we need to buy a new left back.

I can't see any way Baldini, Levy and Sherwood can't all spot the obvious weakest link in our team right now.

And I even like Rose, he's an alright player. At this point though, he's not quite good enough to be first choice for us. And with the (lack of) backup options we have...

Ok after tonight I want a new centre half that we can get up to speed in these next 4-5 months for the start of next season. I also want a decent defensive coach to sort out our backline as we have looked shaky all season (yes even under AVB) whenever put under pressure.

If we don't sign anyone, and especially if we lose more than Defoe, we are a joke. Our left back and striker situation has been a problem for so long, how can we not see it. Rose isn't good enough to be our starter, never mind the fact he's the only one we have... It's so weird Tim think the squad is good enough. But he hasn't seen anyone play who wasn't in his youth team so maybe he doesn't realise ho abad Naughton is at left back....

If we don't sign anyone, and especially if we lose more than Defoe, we are a joke. Our left back and striker situation has been a problem for so long, how can we not see it. Rose isn't good enough to be our starter, never mind the fact he's the only one we have... It's so weird Tim think the squad is good enough. But he hasn't seen anyone play who wasn't in his youth team so maybe he doesn't realise ho abad Naughton is at left back....

Doesn't take much. Considering how many other times we've been a joke, it's incredible how any of our fans dare leave their houses.

Back