• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

tottenhamhotspur.com

Still seeing the temporary launchpad. Can you post a screengrab of what you're seeing?

thfchome.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, all the more reason for me to believe that this is a DNS-related delay. I'm sure someone else here can explain this better or more technically, but long story short, if THFC decided to switch their nameservers, it takes differeing times for that switch to propagate for different internet service providers. This could be the reason that you're seeing the updated web site before anyone else can. Or am I the only one that can't see the new site?

Thanks for posting the pic, site looks sleek

The new site came up for a minute for me while ago, but I went to login and it kicked me out. Now all I see is the site unavailable page again.

Hmmm, all the more reason for me to believe that this is a DNS-related delay. I'm sure someone else here can explain this better or more technically, but long story short, if THFC decided to switch their nameservers, it takes differeing times for that switch to propagate for different internet service providers. This could be the reason that you're seeing the updated web site before anyone else can. Or am I the only one that can't see the new site?

Thanks for posting the pic, site looks sleek

Could be right. I would be surprised if they were moving servers but not totally out of the question.

It's to accommodate all the massive amounts of traffic the site will experience when they announce that new "big signing"

:ross:

Site's working for me now.

i think the use of images could have been better. I like that they have tried to break the mould and use full bleed images, but I don't like that some are faded and then some are not at the edges.

I feel it could have been more polished. The UI is ok, fairly clean, the ads don't help, but the layout also could have done with some work.

This is what I meant when I think clubs have so much money yet neglect their online presence. City used a top agency, thats what Spurs should have done.

Its ok.

i think the use of images could have been better. I like that they have tried to break the mould and use full bleed images, but I don't like that some are faded and then some are not at the edges.

I feel it could have been more polished. The UI is ok, fairly clean, the ads don't help, but the layout also could have done with some work.

This is what I meant when I think clubs have so much money yet neglect their online presence. City used a top agency, thats what Spurs should have done.

Its ok.

Who did City use? Looks like Poke London.

Who did we use?

I quite like it, not sure about the big Tottenham button in the middle, wish it reformatted a bit better depending on screen size. I have to scroll down a lot each time a page loads.

I give it 7/10. Not bad at all

Could have been a little simpler but a big improvement on the old one nonetheless

I think they've tried to implement some new ideas, and stay current with web trends, ie. the big splash image and 3 box layout at the bottom. I don't like the polish of it, but that's subjective. For instance the fade on the images on the home page. Or the way the boxes on the home page fade a little bit, and the way the arrows to go left and right are held in another transparent/opaque box which impedes the image behind. Visually it feels like a mistake. I love bold design. Where every pixel is meant. Your not hiding behind the design, your putting it out there and saying check me out.

Still feels a bit clunky and unpolished. Everyone else has mentioned it so I will too, but the Emirates Marketing Project web site is the benchmark really. Smooth, clean, loads of info but somehow doesn't looked cluttered.

Was hoping for something a bit better, but it is an improvement on the old site which is the main thing (I can actually look at it on the iPad now).

Back