• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Wolfsberger OMT

Only watched the game with half an eye so can't really say anything about how we played, but there were some quality goals! And a comfortable win was really all that mattered.

Good Lord, that was horrible from Sissoko.

I cannot stand watching the brainless talentless play of Sissoko / Moura / Doherty.

I would LOVE to get rid of these idiots, they kill every move with their stupidity.

Not only did they get my goat, they took it home in their van and slaughtered it and ate it and then drove back to my house and farted my own goat back in my face.

Bergwyn is quite simply getting worse every time I see him!

Sissoko was not so bad. The penalty was dumb!

Last edited:
Only watched the first half, and that was decent enough from us, although i don't think we looked that solid which is unsurprising. Don't want to sound like a whinger too much, but Doherty needs to be so much better. His passing always appears so weak to me, not enough pace, slightly off target, and these are basic passes, none of them incisive/forward. It is probably a result of a lack of confidence, but i also think he needs to be a bit more professional as his urgency getting back is poor. I could have a moan about Winks as well, but will leave that for another time. I will try to not to sound so miserable next time we win 4-1 away from home!

Before everyone (including me) loses their brick when we succumb to a late equaliser in what will be a very underwhelming performance its worth remembering how generally uninspiring all our Europa away performances have been over the last decade where we've been in very different motivations and cycles with tons of different players involved.

Since the start of the 2011/12 season we have played 27 Away Europa League games (this excludes 4 qualifiers). This period of time covers 5 managers - Redkanpp (3), AVB (9), Sherwood (2), Poch (10), Mourinho (3). You might also be interested to learn that the starting XI of the first of these matches included in the data - 0-0 at PAOK in Sept 2015 included Harry Kane.

Although this has included some stellar opposition - Dortmund (2015/16 - went on to win it), Lyon, Inter, Benfica it also includes fixtures against your punchline Europa sounding IKEA furniture teams like LASK, Qarabag, Asteras, Tromso, Sheriff.

Our record is as follows:
Won 7; Drawn 11; Lost 9

Scored more than twice - 3 (LASK 3-3; Ludogorets 3-1, Shamrock 4-0)
Biggest win - 4-0 v Shamrock
Winning by 2 goal margin - 5

Add to this the 'sense check' and what you can remember from watching the game and if your memory is anything like mine most of this merge into one vision of grey, insipid, low intensity football. Coming over such a long period with such different players and managers you've got to recognise a pattern and one I don't see getting much better this evening. Even our incredible 2016/17 team in Peak Poch managed to lower their levels considerably during a period of free flowing winning football domestically to crash out to Gent after a very indifferent performance in Belgium.

Fortunately our home record is very different. In the same 27 games we have:

won 19; drawn 5; lost 3

so I'm reasonably confident that we'll get through over 2 legs but not expecting anything very exciting tonight. In the context of the last few weeks this could further fuel the negative narrative that's consuming us but important to be aware of this for wider perspective.

Just a reminder .. we didn't brick the bed tonight ..

Seems to be natural (me included) to want to post when you have something negative or contentious to say. After games like today I don’t feel the desire to post anything really - just really enjoyed the game and want to bask in the afterglow without being on my phone!

Makes you wonder why couldn't we own all the previous games like we did tonight....that was exactly how you should deal with an away Europa game - get on the front foot from kick off and make your superiority count. I'd guess a lack of a (very) partizan home crowd and the fact that Wolfsberger didnt actually have 'home' advantage worked in our favour but very refreshing to actually be able to enjoy one of these matches.

Seems to be natural (me included) to want to post when you have something negative or contentious to say. After games like today I don’t feel the desire to post anything really - just really enjoyed the game and want to bask in the afterglow without being on my phone!

Reddit typically proves that .. /r/coys has 80K users

- A win = 250+ comments post match
- A loss = 1200+ comments post match

A really professional performance for 75 minutes out of the 90. No need to start Harry or Sonny next week; good minutes for Dele and Bale; and a bit of confidence generated.

So, job done.

A really professional performance for 75 minutes out of the 90. No need to start Harry or Sonny next week; good minutes for Dele and Bale; and a bit of confidence generated.

So, job done.

Yep, start Vinicius, Lucas, Dele, Bale again next week, leave Harry, Son, PEH out

Only kept half an eye on it because of the early kick off. Great result, looked very good first half, not so good second half.

Can't comment on performances but Sissoko for the pen...Jesus. Bale did some brilliant things, Moura's goal was tremendous and Hugo's save was out of this world. Dele also did well from the bits I saw. Job done...onwards and upwards. I predicted this week we're heading into a run of form. This is the first baby step...we're battering Wet Spam at the weekend.

Back