• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs West Ham OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whenever the Spammers bring up that they were the first team to beat us at our new digs, hopefully the response will be "oh, wasn't that the year we won our first CL?"

Not sure who was the first to beat them at the Olympic Stadium but we have won all three there, so its place we like to go :)

Over-reactions everywhere.
If our finishing hadn’t have been so tired we’d have been at least two up at HT!

Sonny was knackered, Dele also a little tired and playing with broken wrist and Toby on the left cost us big-time IMO for the goal. We bossed the first half.

I agree with all of that except the comments on Dele.

He doesn't deserve excuses for his constant dallying on the ball.

He was also responsible for an act of unforgivable selfishness, when he disallowed a certain goal for us when he inexplicably refused to square the ball to Son for a simple tap in, all because he wanted to have a speculative shot.

Funny guy. Poch got it wrong today, but the players didnt help him

I always think that if a player if out, you're better to replace them with the next best like for like in that position because at least that person will make the right decisions, and be in the right place, even if they dont have the quality to play the pass etc. Poch play Rose and Eriksen in the diamond today, Foyth at RB all seemed odd and backfired
Don't think Pochettino got it wrong based on the resources available to him. Some players sheer selfishness is the cause of this loss. That team out there was good enough to beat West Ham.

Don't think Pochettino got it wrong based on the resources available to him. Some players sheer selfishness is the cause of this loss. That team out there was good enough to beat West Ham.

I agree and whilst taking lucas off severely limited our attacking threat, what choice do we have at the moment.

We have to manage the squad with constant games and so many injuries. Even N’koudou would be handy to have on the bench right now.

Going back to Dele I have just remembered our sloppy terrible start to the second half that involved constant wham pressure and corners, was all triggered by one of his dallying moments and losing cheap possession around the 47 minute mark. We never really seemed to wrestle back the control we had in the first half from that moment.

I really am furious with his performance yesterday.

I hope next season he can rediscover his best self. He is not the same at the moment as previous years where he seemed to have a tremendous fire and will to win. I remember occasions in previous years where when the roles were reversed and Son would shoot instead of doing the right thing and squaring to Dele, Dele would go mad at him. These days he seems more interested in behaving like he’s playing street football.

Where’s that fire gone I wonder.

I agree and whilst taking lucas off severely limited our attacking threat, what choice do we have at the moment.

We have to manage the squad with constant games and so many injuries. Even N’koudou would be handy to have on the bench right now.

Going back to Dele I have just remembered our sloppy terrible start to the second half that involved constant wham pressure and corners, was all triggered by one of his dallying moments and losing cheap possession around the 47 minute mark. We never really seemed to wrestle back the control we had in the first half from that moment.

I really am furious with his performance yesterday.

I hope next season he can rediscover his best self. He is not the same at the moment as previous years where he seemed to have a tremendous fire and will to win. I remember occasions in previous years where when the roles were reversed and Son would shoot instead of doing the right thing and squaring to Dele, Dele would go mad at him. These days he seems more interested in behaving like he’s playing street football.

Where’s that fire gone I wonder.

I’m guessing the fire got left in the physio room

The guy has been playing with injuries or has been out injured now for half the season. It’s gonna take its toll

Wow just seen there’s no eredivisie games again until the 12th of May. This means Ajax get another weekend off before the second leg.

We’ve really fudged ourselves by losing yesterday and therefore being unable to rest players at Bournemouth.

I’m guessing the fire got left in the physio room

The guy has been playing with injuries or has been out injured now for half the season. It’s gonna take its toll
Yep, absolutely. It so often happens that once a player has been out for a while, especially if they've been in and out like he has, they struggle to get back into it, to get back fully into the swim of things. Passes go astray, they lose a bit of speed, of sharpness and awareness of what's going on around them.

Reality is Dele probably needs a good long summer break followed by a full uninterrupted pre-season before we can hope to see him back to something of his true self.

Same thing happened to Wanyama although now at last he's beginning to rediscover his old self.

Yep, absolutely. It so often happens that once a player has been out for a while, especially if they've been in and out like he has, they struggle to get back into it, to get back fully into the swim of things. Passes go astray, they lose a bit of speed, of sharpness and awareness of what's going on around them.

Reality is Dele probably needs a good long summer break followed by a full uninterrupted pre-season before we can hope to see him back to something of his true self.

Same thing happened to Wanyama although now at last he's beginning to rediscover his old self.

Quite possibly but there’s no excuse for not squaring that ball to Son, no excuse whatsoever.

It was a truly astonishing decision with the game at 0-0 and CL football not secured.

I think we played terrible yesterday and West Ham thoroughly deserved there victory.

Mark noble was the man of the match for me and covered every blade of grass, always willing to receive the ball and create.

I can't think of a better team to concede and lose to. If only we had fabianski, diop, balbeuna, Fredericks, Arthur, noble, Anderson, rice, snodgrass, Antonio and marko we might have a chance on Tuesday.

Like the Anderson one in the first half

Players do it all the tine

They don't - this action was on another level.

The ones you are referring to are where they should square it but they be a little selfish because they have a fairly decent chance of scoring themselves.

Dele had virtually no chance of scoring. All that was on for him was to cut inside and try a speculative long shot.

We need to find a lengthy clip of it for this thread with multiple angles.

Anyway he’s been let off the hook due to the anal getting pounded at leicester.

I think we played terrible yesterday and West Ham thoroughly deserved there victory.

Mark noble was the man of the match for me and covered every blade of grass, always willing to receive the ball and create.

I can't think of a better team to concede and lose to. If only we had fabianski, diop, balbeuna, Fredericks, Arthur, noble, Anderson, rice, snodgrass, Antonio and marko we might have a chance on Tuesday.
I think the one and only issue is a lack of motivation. I know it might not be a popular opinion around here, but I also think it's understandable.

Only 3 days from football's second most important match (most being the CL final), we have to play a yo-yo team full of players nobody's ever heard of in a match we don't need to win to achieve 3rd - let alone 4th. Add into that the fact that, for our opposition, this is the one and only match that means anything every season and a bunch of players who aren't good enough, desperate to stay fan favourites so as to keep a job they're not nearly qualified for (I'm looking at you Noble, you angry little man).

We had half our first team out and those that remained were completely (and understandably) unmotivated. That should still have been enough to walk over them but this brick happens sometimes in football. That lot getting a win at our place is marginally more likely than Leicester winning a title but that happened once too.

Last edited:
I think the one and only issue is a lack of motivation. I know it might not be a popular opinion around here, but I also think it's understandable.

Only 3 days from football's second most important match (most being the CL final), we have to play a yo-yo team full of players nobody's ever heard of in a match we don't need to win to achieve 3rd - let alone 4th. Add into that the fact that, for our opposition, this is the one and only match that means anything every season and a bunch of players who aren't good enough, desperate to stay fan favourites so as to keep a job they're not nearly qualified for (I'm looking at you Noble, you angry little man).

We had half our first team out and those that remained were completely (and understandably) unmotivated. That should still have been enough to walk over them but this brick happens sometimes in football. That lot getting a win at our place is marginally more likely that Leicester winning a title but that happened once too.

I agree with all of this

Back