• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs West Ham OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got home after a big day on the tinkle, how brick was Eriksen & Dele again

I'll cut Eriksen some slack. He worked hard, Dele didnt even need a shower after the game

Poch screwed up by not playing Skipp. He wouldnt had add much, apart from work-rate though that would have freed up eriksen to play further forward and be more effective

Eriksen tried but he must have given the ball away 20 times today
Dele fudging hell, useless as he has been most of the year

I voted Rose as the best of a bad bunch because, while the positional criticism is valid, he worked to get the ball and tried to be positive with it rather than take a safer option backwards or sideways. He did more than just the headless chicken routine.
Rose did well enough except for his crossing which is frankly just not up to the required level imo.

Eriksen tried but he must have given the ball away 20 times today
Dele fudging hell, useless as he has been most of the year

Been very very disappointed with him this season. Early on, I expected him to really kick on this year. I do think he’s added a bit to his game but it’s been a poor season for him. Players have years like that I guess and his class will shine through. Hopefully in the last 5 games of the season.

Been very very disappointed with him this season. Early on, I expected him to really kick on this year. I do think he’s added a bit to his game but it’s been a poor season for him. Players have years like that I guess and his class will shine through. Hopefully in the last 5 games of the season.
The guy has had more injuries this season than any previous and it has a knock on I’m sure

Yeah, doesn’t bode well for Walker-Peters future at Spurs that he cannot get a run out even with Trippier out of sorts plus Aurier injured; unless he’s being saved for Tuesday!

Can understand Foyth getting picked when we’re trying to keep Emirates Marketing Project’s wingers quiet but at home to the Spammers with a narrow midfield diamond it does seem that a natural wing-back would be preferable to a converted CB.

Exactly this. If Poch really doesn’t rate KWP what is he doing here?

So massively disappointed.

Top 4 is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGELY important massive deal this year, with the stadium

So, so so so so so so important

Yet we played like a friendly kickabout

Fabianski can't believe it, he was bored out of his mind

Utterly flat today. Watching the game was like riding a bicycle with no tyres.

To France.

From Brazil.

Whilst on fire.

And realising.

You forgot your key.

And having to go back to fetch it.

From Brazil.

Whilst on fire.

And when you get back to Rio.

You feel in your back pocket and realise you had the key all the time but decided to play five centre backs instead.

So massively disappointed.

Top 4 is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGELY important massive deal this year, with the stadium

So, so so so so so so important

Yet we played like a friendly kickabout

Fabianski can't believe it, he was bored out of his mind

Utterly flat today. Watching the game was like riding a bicycle with no tyres.

To France.

From Brazil.

Whilst on fire.

And realising.

You forgot your key.

And having to go back to fetch it.

From Brazil.

Whilst on fire.

And when you get back to Rio.

You feel in your back pocket and realise you had the key all the time but decided to play five centre backs instead.

Funny guy. Poch got it wrong today, but the players didnt help him

I always think that if a player if out, you're better to replace them with the next best like for like in that position because at least that person will make the right decisions, and be in the right place, even if they dont have the quality to play the pass etc. Poch play Rose and Eriksen in the diamond today, Foyth at RB all seemed odd and backfired

Pochettino reports that Winks would not be available for the first leg because of a groin injury and he would need to assess Moussa Sissoko, also carrying a groin problem. He added that Jan Vertonghen, whom he rested against West Ham, would be fit.

Shearer and Wright nailed it on MoTD. The space was out wide and we failed to exploit it.

Very disappointed with the result and the second half performance. Thought we were alright in the first half, but started the second half sloppy, got punished and couldn't wrestle control back well enough.

I really think it's a case of a bridge to far. So many games in quick succession, too many injuries, a bit of focus lost because of the Ajax games coming up.

We will bounce back, just hope it's quickly and decisively enough to get the end of the season we want.

Very disappointed with the result and the second half performance. Thought we were alright in the first half, but started the second half sloppy, got punished and couldn't wrestle control back well enough.

I really think it's a case of a bridge to far. So many games in quick succession, too many injuries, a bit of focus lost because of the Ajax games coming up.

We will bounce back, just hope it's quickly and decisively enough to get the end of the season we want.
A measured reaction, after a few glasses of wine I feel the same now. Injuries really have screwed us this season.

Just back home. fudging still gutted. Spent the journey home worrying about Bournemouth and Everton and how I can see us fudging it up and getting hammered by Ajax. Telling myself that I’m fed up of the season and want it done. On the drive from the airport I had to catch myself.

Like many, I remember when the CL semi final seemed light years away. In fact the CL seemed light years away. The Europa League was even unattainable. When BMJ got us there, the excitement of a European campaign was massive. We’re now in the last fudging 4 of Europes biggest competition and we have the Dutch champions. With all due respect, while Ajax are a good side, what an opportunity.

Remember dodgy lasagna. Remember the elation when Crouchy nodded in in Manchester. How that seemed like we’d arrived. As patchy as the league campaign has been, Poch has us in the box seat for qualification again this season.

Days like today are a real kick in the stomach. Particularly with the performance. And we have our problems with injuries and squad depth. But we’re 3 days away from a CL semi fudging final.

Things will seem better in the morning.

Over-reactions everywhere.
If our finishing hadn’t have been so tired we’d have been at least two up at HT!

Sonny was knackered, Dele also a little tired and playing with broken wrist and Toby on the left cost us big-time IMO for the goal. We bossed the first half.

That was a pretty hard game to watch and just seemed like one game too many in a short time energy wise. Their running look labored and they were holding onto the ball and getting tackled and dragging the ball under their feet. Was so disjointed. You cannot help but think with all the injuries and effort we have put in, in recent weeks that it caught up with us a bit today. I think we will be fine on Tuesday but this was almost a game we could have done with being delted to to speak.

Dele frustrated me a lot this week. I dont think he has played well for a while, even his showboating last weekend v City masked a poor performance. He is dallying on the ball too much and getting caught. It cost us the goal and other attacks. I thought Foyth looked good, he seemed to deal well in defensive situations and in attack.

It was sad to lose our unbeaten run at home already and to that lot down the road as well. I think they were the first team to win at the Emirates as well if my memory serves me well.

Back