• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Swansea OSOMT ***

It is nice to beat Swansea to qualify to the FA Cup semifinal. We played well and deserve to get a bigger win. Thought we would have problems due to our weak midfield but Swansea didn't really trouble us apart from 1 or 2 occasions. We do need to learn to be more clinical in front of goal, especially when we play in the semi final against ManU. Let's hope we will go all the way to win the FA Cup this season.

Well done to Eriksen and Lamela for the goals. They both played well and deserved their goals. Credit to Lamela for assisting our first goal for Eriksen as well. Amazingly, all our goals were brilliant long range shots from outside the penalty box. Can't remember us scoring so many long range goals in the same match before. It must have been a long time ago, if any. This shows that we need to try those long range shots more, especially against teams who defend a lot like Swansea. It is good to know we can still score goals even when our main goal scorer Kane is injured. Interestingly, we have now scored 7 goals in 2 matches since Kane got injured. Let's hope we can continue our goal scoring run until Kane comes back. Son failed to score this time despite scoring 7 goals in his last 4 matches for us. Son did score a good goal but it was ruled out for offside in the first half and he didn't look like scoring after that.

Was worried to see Dier and Sissoko start in midfield. Thought it was risky of Pochettino to start a weak midfield against an-inform Swansea team. Fortunately, our midfield played well and didn't make too many mistakes. In fact, Sissoko even assisted the goal for Lamela. Too bad Moura didn't score but he did well to assist the third goal for Eriksen.

Our defence didn't have much to do whole match. But Vorm did make 2 or 3 good saves to stop Swansea. Good to see Vorm being alert on those occasion as he tends to let in easy goals before. Too bad Alderweireld didn't start or come on as a sub in this match. Felt Pochettino should have brought him in later in the match.

Now that we are in the FA Cup semifinal, we need to find a way to overcome the jinx as we have lost our last 7 FA Cup semifinals. Southampton would have been an ideal opponents in the semi final. But since we have got ManU, we need to lift our game to beat them at Wembley to progress to the FA Cup Final for the first time since 1991. For the record, we beat ManU in the FA Cup semi final before winning the FA Cup Final in 1962. Let's hope we will go all the way to win the FA Cup again this season.

I simply think Swansea is one of those team stylistically that suits us (and stats back it up). Neat team that tries to play football, without a lot of midfield power and little pace on counter, teams like that usually get slaughtered by us.
Most importantly, they don't press. Anywhere! They just back off and back off. Seriously, I don't think Eriksen had anyone closer than 5 meters of him for 99% of the game. There was so much space it was ridiculous!

.....i am now expecting Mou to start going on about “Spurs getting to play at home....” etc. The mind games will start now, in fact I reckon he has already picked out the doube decker bus heis going to park infront of the goal
It's OK. Verts beat him to it.

Very impressive performance. No Kane, Alli, Dembele, Winks, Wanyama, Rose, Alderweireld or Lloris. That's almost a full team of great quality. Still completely outplayed an in form team away from home.

A very good point, i have heard some say that Swansea are not a decent side and that is why we won so easily. The truth is they had won their last 7 home games and we dominated them by our performance.

Was a brilliant performance by us, I think we just bullied them, got on top and then didn’t give them a kick. I think it’s fair to say they weren’t exactly “up for it” but that’s also as much down to our dominance of them after the first goal. We didn’t let them have a sniff and psychologically they were beaten long long before the final whistle.

Most importantly, they don't press. Anywhere! They just back off and back off. Seriously, I don't think Eriksen had anyone closer than 5 meters of him for 99% of the game. There was so much space it was ridiculous!
I thought one of Swansea's problems on Saturday was that they did try to press. However the press was never orchestrated with their whole team getting involved, as needs to happen and we therefore always had an out ball.

In the league game at Wembley earlier this season they didn't press at all and pulled everyone narrow and behind the ball which gave us no space to exploit between their midfield and defence.

I thought on Saturday they got caught between playing those tactics and trying to press sometimes but with only 1, 2 or 3 players. That gave us an out ball and then due to a few of their players coming out to press but being played around, created space between their lines quite regularly and teams will generally always create good chances when this happens.

Back