• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Vs Sunderland

Potentially Dier alongside Verts at CB given the team news, though you'd imagine one of the other three will make it and, given Dier has barely set foot on a pitch for the pas 2-3 months, the three senior CBs would be picked ahead of him though most of us would play Dier ahead of CHiriches and Kaboul

But most of us haven't seen him in training and also have never seen him play CB before. Whilst I prefer the idea of him being played at CB I know it's not really based on any evidence, there must be a reason Kaboul played ahead of him on Wednesday.

Fazio has to play. Theyd be knocking balls over the top for fun for Defoe otherwise. He'll sneak onside for one of them too.

Yet our best positionally and the best in the air. So the point of having him means they're unsuccessful with their long balls over the top.
I don't think his aerial ability has any great significance when it comes to this. Positionally, I agree he is decent, and obviously better than Kaboul, but who isn't.

A player as slow as Fazio certainly isn't an ideal option against players who try to get in behind defences, though. It's just that our other options are even worse.

I don't think his aerial ability has any great significance when it comes to this. Positionally, I agree he is decent, and obviously better than Kaboul, but who isn't.

A player as slow as Fazio certainly isn't an ideal option against players who try to get in behind defences, though. It's just that our other options are even worse.

The Defoe I remember doesn't have much pace, even to trouble slow players like Fazio.

I think some of you are misunderstanding. Fazio wins every header, there will simply be no balls over the top if he plays and any balls that do beat him will be straight to Lloris.

We saw midweek what happened when we didn't play with Fazio. Kaboul started and within a few minutes, long ball over the top and boom goal.

You can be Yedlin when It comes to pace, a ball over the top means you have to turn around and run whilst the striker is through on goal.

I find it amazing how underappreciated Fazio is.

I think some of you are misunderstanding. Fazio wins every header, there will simply be no balls over the top if he plays and any balls that do beat him will be straight to Lloris.

We saw midweek what happened when we didn't play with Fazio. Kaboul started and within a few minutes, long ball over the top and boom goal.

You can be Yedlin when It comes to pace, a ball over the top means you have to turn around and run whilst the striker is through on goal.

I find it amazing how underappreciated Fazio is.

No matter how tall and good in the air Fazio is, he can't cover the entire width of the pitch. He is not Inspector Gadget. Of course there can be balls played over the top even if we have a tall player at the back.

They can also get in behind us with passes that are not airborn.

And the best center backs have a body position that means that they don't have to turn 180 degrees whenever someone runs in behind them.

No matter how tall and good in the air Fazio is, he can't cover the entire width of the pitch. He is not Inspector Gadget. Of course there can be balls played over the top even if we have a tall player at the back.

They can also get in behind us with passes that are not airborn.

And the best center backs have a body position that means that they don't have to turn 180 degrees whenever someone runs in behind them.

defoe has dreadful movement so it won't trouble our back line. We just can't give him a chance. Even fabregas couldn't get the ball over our defence when fazio plays. It's not just him in the air, it's the organising he does to make sure we aren't beaten easily at the back, it's no surprise Vertonghen has improved next to him.

The best, yes. Not the likes of Eric Dier. And most of the really quick centre backs aren't going to be the best. With the exception of Varane right now.

This is truly the worst OMT i think i have seen since being on GG, so let's not waste any more time:

adam%20johnson.jpg

Gus-Poyet2-620x375.jpg

2013%20home%20kit%20JOS%20KW%20AJ.jpg

_59227547_bob_stokoe_sunderland_getty.jpg

sunderland-fans-363096.jpg

sunderland.jpg

_73313651_f8381aed-f899-41ed-a647-26c3a81008a6.jpg

Mods, you decide..

Now's it confirmed, some even more appropriate ones:

Sunderland-unveil-Jermain-012.jpg

24C2787A00000578-2913295-Jermain_Defoe_has_been_officially_unveiled_as_a_Sunderland_playe-a-15_1421414021504.jpg

24C2A05200000578-2913295-image-a-18_1421415875534.jpg

Again, Mods you decide...

I'll do a Mumorn and put my head on a block here. If this is anything but a comfortable win, I'll leave this forum (for a while)! 3-1. COYS!!! [-o<

After the disappointing defeat to Palace last week, we need to get back to winning ways in the league. We did well to recover from 2 goals down to beat Burnley in the FA Cup replay. Atleast we will go into this match in a winning mood, even if we rested many against Burnley. We have excellent record against Sunderland in recent years, winning 6 and drawing 3 of our last 9 matches against them. Hope we will extend that good record against them. But we lost 2 valuable points when we drew 2-2 away earlier in the season. Hope we will be more careful and get all the 3 points here.

Without a doubt, Kane will be our key player in this match. He has been in great goal scoring form lately, scoring 7 goals in 8 matches. On current form Kane is our best chance to score a goal. So, hope he will continue his goal scoring run. Eriksen had a much-needed rest against Burnley. Hope he will be back to his best. With only 1 goal or assist in 7 matches, Eriksen was looking tired recently. Hope he will come back with all guns firing. Similiarly, Chadli needs to get back his best form in the league as he has only scored 1 goal in 8 league matches.

Want to see us start Dembele with either Stambouli or Capoue in midfield. Capoue did well to score against Burnley. But maybe we should stick with Dembele-Stambouli combination as they have been doing well recently. Hope Stambouli will be more careful though, after conceding that costly penalty against Palace. Maybe Paulinho can come on later in the match as he did well against Burnley. Wish we can start with Lennon. Still not fully convinced with Townsend. Too bad Lamela won't be fit for this match as he can trouble teams like Sunderland.

It is going to be strange watching Defoe play for Sunderland as he had been with us for 10 long years. If he does play, I am convinced he will score as he has scored on his every debut for all his 6 previous clubs, including us. And apparently, he has scored more goals(23) than anyone in the PL after after coming on as a sub. So, with our defence being error-prone, will be very surprised if Defoe doesn't score in this match. Just hope, our defence won't concede more than 1 and Kane will help us outscore them.

We have struggled against bottom teams this season. Hope we will change that mentality and luck in this match. Being at home, we have to beat teams like Sunderland if we want to stay in the top 4 race. Hope we will turn up with the right mood and get the all-important win !

I know we all fear JD will come back to haunt us but let's be honest this is bread and butter stuff if you want to get CL football. if we can't beat the likes of Sunderland at WHL then we don't deserve to be either in or competing for those top 4 spots.

After the disappointing defeat to Palace last week, we need to get back to winning ways in the league. We did well to recover from 2 goals down to beat Burnley in the FA Cup replay. Atleast we will go into this match in a winning mood, even if we rested many against Burnley. We have excellent record against Sunderland in recent years, winning 6 and drawing 3 of our last 9 matches against them. Hope we will extend that good record against them. But we lost 2 valuable points when we drew 2-2 away earlier in the season. Hope we will be more careful and get all the 3 points here.

Without a doubt, Kane will be our key player in this match. He has been in great goal scoring form lately, scoring 7 goals in 8 matches. On current form Kane is our best chance to score a goal. So, hope he will continue his goal scoring run. Eriksen had a much-needed rest against Burnley. Hope he will be back to his best. With only 1 goal or assist in 7 matches, Eriksen was looking tired recently. Hope he will come back with all guns firing. Similiarly, Chadli needs to get back his best form in the league as he has only scored 1 goal in 8 league matches.

Want to see us start Dembele with either Stambouli or Capoue in midfield. Capoue did well to score against Burnley. But maybe we should stick with Dembele-Stambouli combination as they have been doing well recently. Hope Stambouli will be more careful though, after conceding that costly penalty against Palace. Maybe Paulinho can come on later in the match as he did well against Burnley. Wish we can start with Lennon. Still not fully convinced with Townsend. Too bad Lamela won't be fit for this match as he can trouble teams like Sunderland.

It is going to be strange watching Defoe play for Sunderland as he had been with us for 10 long years. If he does play, I am convinced he will score as he has scored on his every debut for all his 6 previous clubs, including us. And apparently, he has scored more goals(23) than anyone in the PL after after coming on as a sub. So, with our defence being error-prone, will be very surprised if Defoe doesn't score in this match. Just hope, our defence won't concede more than 1 and Kane will help us outscore them.

We have struggled against bottom teams this season. Hope we will change that mentality and luck in this match. Being at home, we have to beat teams like Sunderland if we want to stay in the top 4 race. Hope we will turn up with the right mood and get the all-important win !

I Have one thing on my mind.......................................................1961.....my word its been a long time.......................

Back