• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Palace FA Cup OMT ***

It is really unacceptable that it has been 25 years since we last won the FA Cup which we once dominated. It is particularly annoying that we lost 6 FA Cup semi finals during that period. Somehow FA Cup semi finals have become a jinx to us since we last won it. Hope we will overcome the semi final jinx and go all the way to win the FA Cup this season. But first we need to overcome Palace in Round 5. Since this is a a London derby, can see this match being a tough one for us. But we are playing at home and have already beaten Palace twice this season. So, there is no reason whatsover why we cannot beat them to progress to the Quarter Finals.

We should treat this match like a league tie since Palace is a PL team. I think Palace will treat this match seriously as this is their only hope of winning a trophy. So, we should not rest too many players in this match, especially after resting many against Fiorentina on Thursday. So want the likes of Kane, Eriksen and Lamela to start especially since Kane is our only striker. Maybe we can replace Kane if we are winning comfortably in the 2nd half. Will be very annoyed if Lamela doesn't play atleast some part in this match. I think he should start this match since he didn't play against Fiorentina.

I think maybe we can change a bit in our midfield. The return of Mason from injury has given us extra options to choose from. Maybe Dembele and Mason can start inn midfield. We can give due rest to Dier and Alli, both of whom have not been at their best recently. Alli scored the wonder goal against Palace in the league but somehow I feel we should rest him. He has not been at his best since his illness and was vulnerable against Fiorentina. Maybe being rested will help him get back his form.

Too bad we don't have much options in defence due to the injuries of Vertonghen and Lloris. Vorm has been doing well in Cup matches recently. We have to rely on him doing well in this match again. Alderweireld and Wimmer have been gelling together in defence. Wimmer especially has been improving very fast despite not playing much this season. Hope they can help us stop Palace and keep a clean sheet. No doubt Adebayor will be itching to score against us. Will be very annoyed if we don't stop him.

We have been more convincing in the league than the Cups under Pochettino. Hope he will help us transform our league form into the Cup matches as well. We have a great chance to progress to the Quarter Finals for the first time since 2012. Hope we will make use of our home advantage and beat Palace to progress.

Good read, as always. Still cant believe that semi v Chelsea was nearly 4 years ago. Another 'swings and roundabouts' refereeing decision that I am still waiting to come back in our favour, like the Mendes non-goal, and very unlikely too with goal-line technology.
We were still in that SF until that goal was awarded.
Really want us to progress today and have a chance of getting another trip to Wembley to finally kill this jinx

The very best thing us as spurs fans can do is create an amazing crescendo of support, a fury of non stop noise being the twelfth man and push our lads on to victory to sustain our momentum.

Show Adebayor what it truly means to have the talent but not the attitude to play for this club.

Of course we will boo Ade and really go after him, I just wish our fans would ignore him as best as they could, in all honesty our players deserve 'I love you Tottenham' far more than they deserve 'elephants and wh**es' directing at Ade.

He is not even worth one chant! on the other hand our lads and manager who have given us excellent form and happy memories of late deserve all the attention.

Love should always triumph over hatred....alas but it wont :(

Good read, as always. Still cant believe that semi v Chelsea was nearly 4 years ago. Another 'swings and roundabouts' refereeing decision that I am still waiting to come back in our favour, like the Mendes non-goal, and very unlikely too with goal-line technology.
We were still in that SF until that goal was awarded.
Really want us to progress today and have a chance of getting another trip to Wembley to finally kill this jinx

Atleast it was against Chelsea in 2012. That semi final we lost to a shyte Portsmouth in 2010 was unforgivable ! The fact we recovered to beat Arsenal and Chelsea in our next 2 league games to help us qualify to the CL in 2010 doesn't hide how disappointing that defeat was ! Despite qualifyng to the CL, I think Redknapp's era should be noted mostly for our underachievements as we lost 2 FA Cup semi finals and 1 League Cup Final !

Any team info yet ?

Performance is not really important in Cup matches as long as we win. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality and win to progress to next round.

Booing is too good for him; he should be abused and mocked and driven from the field in shame.

He abused our fine club and stole £10m from us that we could have used elsewhere to gain the extra point we needed.

The very best thing us as spurs fans can do is create an amazing crescendo of support, a fury of non stop noise being the twelfth man and push our lads on to victory to sustain our momentum.

Show Adebayor what it truly means to have the talent but not the attitude to play for this club.

Of course we will boo Ade and really go after him, I just wish our fans would ignore him as best as they could, in all honesty our players deserve 'I love you Tottenham' far more than they deserve 'elephants and wh**es' directing at Ade.

He is not even worth one chant! on the other hand our lads and manager who have given us excellent form and happy memories of late deserve all the attention.

Love should always triumph over hatred....alas but it wont :(

tickle my balls with a feather. Should be given no reaction whatsoever, but we know that wont possibly happen

Atleast it was against Chelsea in 2012. That semi final we lost to a shyte Portsmouth in 2010 was unforgivable ! The fact we recovered to beat Arsenal and Chelsea in our next 2 league games to help us qualify to the CL in 2010 doesn't hide how disappointing that defeat was ! Despite qualifyng to the CL, I think Redknapp's era should be noted mostly for our underachievements as we lost 2 FA Cup semi finals and 1 League Cup Final !

Still dont know why, but driving down for the game that day I just didnt fancy us. Wasn't even that surprised when we lost, naturally it hurt but for some reason I was ready for the outcome.
But I have said many times who knows what would have followed had we beat Pompey. May never won those next 2 games and then at City. And think we all know if offered the choice of an FA Cup Final that season instead of the CL campaign that followed, we know what the choice would be

tickle my balls with a feather. Should be given no reaction whatsoever, but we know that wont possibly happen

He'll love listening to all those bovine small-timers making their moo noises and then he'll celebrate right in front of them with a big smile on his face when he scores. Just ignore him.

On my way to WHL after managing to get a tickets this morning via the OS although it's been showing as sold out for the last few days. Much nicer than searching for a river while have Wham and Chelski/City on the TV

Here is our starting line-up against Palace -
Vorm,
Walker - Dier - Wimmer - Rose
Bentaleb - Dembele
Alli - Onomah - Son
Kane (c)
Substitutes against Palace -
McGee
Alderweireld
Trippier
Chadli
Eriksen
Mason
Winks​

Last edited:
Please that Bentaleb is back and that Alder is having a break. But surprised about Alli given he started on Thurs and I guess will in the home leg

Back