• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Manchester United OMT

But we had to be up there to cross paths with them. We were a mid table team for the 5 years prior to ENIC taking over.

We have improved consistently, on and off the field, under their stewardship imo.

The point is we didn't catch them because of Levy, we caught them because their own foilbles. Just look at them this season, we could have stayed midtable and we would have still eventually crossed paths with them. [emoji28]

As much as we have improved so have many teams around us, much of that driven by the commercial behemoth that is the Premier League. Leicester being the obvious example who came from a lower position and have achieved more in a much quicker time frame.

I'd imagine those differences would center around the rebuild Pochettino warned of and Levy not wanting to pick up the tab.

Do you not think a better opening 12 games would have seen him keep his job?

That night in Amsterdam when poch dragged Levy on to the pitch you could see Levy was bricking it. How much is this going to cost me.

Yes I still think poch would have been gone, just not as quick.
Poch wanted to press on and take advantage of our momentum, Levy knew we probably didn't have the finances yet.
In hindsight the VAR against City and the miracle of Amsterdam were probably bad outcomes for us.

That night in Amsterdam when poch dragged Levy on to the pitch you could see Levy was bricking it. How much is this going to cost me.

Yes I still think poch would have been gone, just not as quick.
Poch wanted to press on and take advantage of our momentum, Levy knew we probably didn't have the finances yet.
In hindsight the VAR against City and the miracle of Amsterdam were probably bad outcomes for us.

We did have the finances though? Our transfer activity that summer shows it

The point is we didn't catch them because of Levy, we caught them because their own foilbles. Just look at them this season, we could have stayed midtable and we would have still eventually crossed paths with them. [emoji28]

As much as we have improved so have many teams around us, much of that driven by the commercial behemoth that is the Premier League. Leicester being the obvious example who came from a lower position and have achieved more in a much quicker time frame.

Nothing to do with Levy at all then, just the failure of others?

Must have been just before that Burnley game.

Poch’s reaction to the ref was so out of character.
Results had been good and “normal”, but performance’s had been poor almost the entire season before that Burnley game. Think it actually started to slip and confidence falter against Wolves at Wembley when we lost 1-3(?).

Results had been good and “normal”, but performance’s has been poor almost the entire season before that Burnley game. Think it actually started to slip against Wolves at Wembley when we lost 1-3(?).

That Wolves game was the same season wasn’t it, a couple of months before?

Did we ever pip Arsenal to 4th or did they just fall off the radar? I seem to think it was the latter

I'd imagine those differences would center around the rebuild Pochettino warned of and Levy not wanting to pick up the tab.

Do you not think a better opening 12 games would have seen him keep his job?
I would think so, though much of our downfall coincided with the sudden decline of Eriksen. He, not Kane was the engine in our team. Replacing him with the inferior Lo Celso was never going to cut it, without as you say, a full rebuild.

I would think so, though much of our downfall coincided with the sudden decline of Eriksen. He, not Kane was the engine in our team. Replacing him with the inferior Lo Celso was never going to cut it, without as you say, a full rebuild.

Lo Celso wasn't a like for like replacement, imv between him and Ndombele we were replacing the need for a solitary creative outlet

Didn't watch today's match. Any summary?

I know we lost but key moments?
Was fairly middling the first half, not a great of chances created. We looked controlled scored a great goal and probably edged a tight first half.

The second half was that far too common passive start but we were still in it they were probably edging it slightly, they got the equaliser at which point Mourinho deemed it sensible to take off Lo Celso who had been having a good game (as our best presser winning the ball upfield a few times and being involved in most of our good possession moments)for Sissoko. We moved Ndombele further upfield for 10 minutes which obviously meant we totally lost control of the midfield so then Jose decides to take him off and bring on Lamela. Two terribly negative subs in terms of the flow of the match. It said everything about our intentions, we had decided to settle for a draw of course which meant that we just lost all impetus and just bent over for them.

Nothing to do with Levy at all then, just the failure of others?
How did Levy influence Arsenal going from winning the league every other season to challenging for 4th to dropping out of that challenge entirely?

Arsenal's failings have nothing to do with Levy. We have no doubt improved I'm not taking that away from him but to somehow claim he's the reason we've overtaken Arsenal is nonsense. Arsenal fudged themselves we just happened to be on the rise at the same time.

They were just the start, we still needed a DM and at least one CB to keep still.
It was a squad ageing and light in key areas.

I know that mate, i think Poch and anyone sensible knew it too but Levy didn't have the stomach/areshole to see through a long term rebuild that required a year of reduced performance.

Edit : turns out not backing him has lead to 2 years reduced performance and the prospect of more to come, serves him right.

I'm grateful I got to experience Spurs in a CL final once in my lifetime (even if moderately to heavily drunk), but in a way I agree. The decline started way ahead of that though, for reasons only the group knows of. Had we won it things might have looked differently, who knows. Though as a foundation for success we gained nothing. When we didn't win it we might as well not have been in it as it looks.

Back