1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Tottenham vs Manchester United OMT

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 8 Apr 2021.

1. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Chris Perry

Thus exposing the stupid terms he has agreed to and chucking away £30m of transfer funds (that we probably don’t even have). Therefore not going to happen unfortunately.

2. ringo

ringo Tim Sherwood

There were just so many things wrong with that performance it is difficult to know where to start.

Just a few of the more obvious problems.

Some very suspect but not unexpected decisions by our manager. For example, What does he think is going to happen if his substitutions mean that we have no one on the pitch capable of linking up play between defence and attack. It is a tough position at the best of times and neither Hojbjerg nor Sissoko are that player.

What happened to our defensive coaching. Defending in front of the player you are marking or allowing them to drift behind you is just a really basic defensive error. Even though Dier is not a CB (despite what Jose may think) he should have taken responsibility for Cavani and kept him where he could see him.

I get the impression we are a team (not very well) motivated by fear of the consequences of making mistakes/displeasing the manager, rather than one that, encouraged by praise, is able to play without fear. That may work for a while, but not long term. You end up with a cowed and dissatisfied squad.

Mourinho is just a mediocre (outdated) football manager that has benefited from having some world class players and lots of money at his disposal in the past. And maybe some innovative ideas nearly two decades ago. Judging by his current approach to both man management and football strategy and tactics he is barely the 'average one', let alone the 'special one'.

I just worry that we keep him on, on the back of of a miracle against Emirates Marketing Project.

DubSpur and Finney Is Back like this.
  3. Legohamster

Legohamster Johnny Morrison

Was that an option?

Baleforce and MKSpur like this.
  4. Finney Is Back

Correct. We also probably need a new chairman and a 2 to 3 year rebuild for the rest to fall into place.

5. ringo

ringo Tim Sherwood

Call yourself a Spurs fan -- you should have known better than to cash out at half time!

MKSpur and Finney Is Back like this.
  6. Finney Is Back

We also had Arnesen and lost him to Chelsea over more money.

Legohamster likes this.
  7. SubZero

SubZero Richard Gough

Still, I think we have to be grateful to Poch for even having this discussion. I mean, deeming anything but getting us CL participation a sackable offence is a stark contrast to hammering F5 in hope that we qualify for 2nd tier Europa games via fair play. Making a good impression while being nice guys on the pitch hoping to snatch such world beaters as Morientes and the Sock is soooo 2007.

Mosquito_Coasting likes this.
  8. billyiddo

billyiddo Terry Dyson Staff Member

WC was summer '18, Pochettinos last full season was 18/19 when we dropped off in the 2nd half of the season (and yeah compounded matters by selling Dembele) 19/20 is when we sacked him after 12 games, when we were 3 points from 5th having played Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester and Emirates Marketing Project all away (we finished the season 3 points from 5th as well so it's a good job we made that decision...)

djp82 likes this.
  9. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Ralph Coates

Rob Mackenzie? The guy was a scout wasnt he
    Can’t say I ever heard of him
    Mitchell still hasn’t been a DOF at a side that’s actually won a thing or even made a final whilst he was there ...

10. Baleforce

Baleforce Jack L. Jones

I can’t see Levy going anywhere, well, ever really.

Personally I’m happy with that, I think he’s achieved something that looked impossible 25 years ago.

DubSpur, Gazza Dazzla and glasgowspur like this.
  11. nerdved

nerdved Ilie Dumitrescu

Joses fitness regime either does not exist or is completely worthless. MUtd played Thursday, we had all week to prepare. They were in much better shape toward the end of the game.

Unforgivable, it is the simplest thing to get right.

Finney Is Back likes this.
  12. Finney Is Back

Had we not had him the stadium would’ve nigh on bankrupted us.... not sure a club our size could carry £1.2billion of debt?

MKSpur and SubZero like this.
  13. Legohamster

Legohamster Johnny Morrison

You are right, he was - but he scouted Mahrez and had a great track record

I’m not sure that’s on the DOF? He’s also scouted young players that have been sold for a fortune and helped turn red bull into CL qualifiers, he’s given the manager decent tools.

14. Baleforce

Baleforce Jack L. Jones

Were we knackered, or just not trying?

15. MKSpur

MKSpur John Lacy

when my mates who I go with asked me about Mourinho I said at the time that the contract has to be on our favour for the pay off as I thought he needed us more than we need him. We are less attractive to a new manager now then when we hired him. Levy used the extra CL cash Poch’s on pitch success to help fund the stadium and has made an expensive misstep with his choice of Mourinho. I’m intrigued to see how he rectifies Derp

Finney Is Back likes this.
  16. Finney Is Back

You’re right. Sorry.

Wow... zero players after that WC, a run all the way to the CL finals and a few on here wonder why we stumbled our way to a 4th place finish? Personally I wonder HOW the manager managed to finish so high.

Last edited: 11 Apr 2021
    billyiddo and MKSpur like this.
  17. MKSpur

MKSpur John Lacy

Exactly you put more on when we go ahead!

Finney Is Back and ringo like this.
  18. Finney Is Back

An 8th/9th place finish and runners up in the League Cup?

19. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Michael Carrick

Mental to think otherwise really isn’t it!

DubSpur and Baleforce like this.
  20. nerdved

nerdved Ilie Dumitrescu

I’m open to the suggestion that JM is failing at both fitness and motivation. Certainly.

Finney Is Back and Baleforce like this.