• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Manchester United OMT

They were much better for 4 whole seasons.... shame the chairman panicked after the 12 game bad start to season 2019/20. We now have to spend our transfer budget sacking the lame duck manager

wasn’t just 12 games

Changing the manager isn’t a magic button.

I don’t think ENIC penny pinch, I think we spend what we can afford, we need to get improve the acquisitions though, get to players earlier in their careers, before the money doped clubs are in the hunt.

They penny pinch when it matters to get players like Bruno in, who would have replace CE

Who to go for though, we had two of the brightest DOF and got rid of them, thus we ended up here.

Have to say watching United that goes hair they looked like they did under Mourinho
Second half they were much better
We looked lost second half
No leaders either

Not for the last year of his reign they didn’t.

Wherever people stand on this manager or the last, we all know exactly what these players are capable of, for good and for bad.

Yep. CL final 2 years ago now, and we were poor for 9 months+ minimum before then. We’ve been papering cracks for 3 years now.

Regardless of ‘talent’ this group don’t seem to have the determination/mentally required.

If you want Mourinho out then you're going to have to hope we don't get top 4 or else we are stuck with this s.hit on a stick football for a while yet.

wasn’t just 12 games

They penny pinch when it matters to get players like Bruno in, who would have replace CE

Who to go for though, we had two of the brightest DOF and got rid of them, thus we ended up here.

If I’ve only got £20 in my wallet and the item I want to buy is £40, it’s not penny pinching to not buy it. I just cant afford it.

Not for the last year of his reign they didn’t.

Wherever people stand on this manager or the last, we all know exactly what these players are capable of, for good and for bad.
Must’ve missed us finishing 4th and getting to the CL final running on fumes after zero players in....

I don’t think ENIC penny pinch, I think we spend what we can afford, we need to get improve the acquisitions though, get to players earlier in their careers, before the money doped clubs are in the hunt.
It must be?.... Why else would we bin a manager who’d taken us to 4 straight CL qualifications?

Agree, ENIC are doing the best they can I think. I didn't agree with the Mourinho signing, but I can fully understand why they did it with the names available at the time. You cannot bring in an unproven manager to a team regularly in the CL and top 4, who then fails. In that case it would be ALL considered the board's fault, and few if any "big" organizations take such risks. Even if there probably are better lesser known alternatives around.

Even more reason to change manager then if that's the approach we are to take

That is down to ENIC, we don't like taking educated gambles on players. Instead Levy looked to wait until they are absolutely proven before he wants bring them in but which point they are either no longer cheap or have attracted attention from other interested parties.

The level of what we can afford is set by by ourselves our level just happens to be relatively lower than other teams. We could spend more if we deemed it sensible but we take the prudent approach which is fair enough.

I want rid of Mourinho who has been a massive mistake and you could make a case for Poch to be given more time to bed in new signings, but the results had dropped off at the end of the prepaid season.
Levy acted promptly to save our CL qualification imo and believed Mourinho could reinvigorate the team. I don’t see how he can stand by that decision for much longer with us failing to get CL after a full season and a half.
With zero new players for two transfer windows in a row, a huge number of games and our players playing on fumes are you surprised that our results dropped off?

Back