• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Maccabi Haifa OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StephenH

David Ginola
Tottenham vs Maccabi Haifa

upload_2020-9-30_15-24-26.png ---------------
Maccabi_Haifa_B.C_logo.png

1st October 2020
UEFA Europa League Play-Off Round
20:00
Premier Sports 1
v.012

Last edited:
What are the like?
Championship level?

They have won their PL the most times since it started in its present form (7 times). The league is rated 23rd in UEFA standing based on performance in European competitions. I expect they'll be a competent well organised team lacking in any world class players, but will rise to the occasion in probably their biggest game of the season.

I think we'll see something like this:

-----------------------------Lloris--------------------------------

----Doherty-------Toby----------Sanchez------Davies--------

----------Winks----------Hojbjerg----------GLC---------------

----------Moura-----------Kane------------Bergijn------------

subs: Hart, Tanganga, Aurier, Reguilon, Ndombele, Sissoko, Lamela

I'm assuming that Dele won't be selected and Dier will be too knackered (as well as needing a rest for Sunday). 5 of those 10 outfielders above didnt get on the pitch last night so should be fresh, 3 only played the last 15-20 mins...biggest issue is TOby who played the full 90, but not sure what else we can do at CB. We can't play Tanganga surely given he hasnt had a pre-season and played last night

I'm assuming that Dele won't be selected and Dier will be too knackered (as well as needing a rest for Sunday). 5 of those 10 outfielders above didnt get on the pitch last night so should be fresh, 3 only played the last 15-20 mins...biggest issue is TOby who played the full 90, but not sure what else we can do at CB. We can't play Tanganga surely given he hasnt had a pre-season and played last night
This all makes sense. Hopefully Bergwijn can chip in with a goal feel like he needs one to get him going.

This all makes sense. Hopefully Bergwijn can chip in with a goal feel like he needs one to get him going.

I would have thought the brilliant goal he scored on his debut against City would have ignited his Spurs career. Since then he has been distinctly underwhelming. Needs something to change. Perhaps if he tried to beat a player or pass forwards it might help.

That would be a decent team for sure, i agree about Toby and i suppose we could play Davies at CB but then who would play LB.

I suspect we'll try and nick an early goal, then park the bus for an hour, before ramping things up in the last 20 minutes to (hopefully) finish the job.

I expect Sanchez and Dier will start, with Toby and Tanganga being saved for Sunday.

I suspect we'll try and nick an early goal, then park the bus for an hour, before ramping things up in the last 20 minutes to (hopefully) finish the job.

I expect Sanchez and Dier will start, with Toby and Tanganga being saved for Sunday.

I cant believe Dier will be involved at all given he played Sun and Tues. I'd also hold back Dier for Sunday

I'd go Toby and Sanchex and then try to take Toby off for Tanganga at some point if possible

Jose said last night that Dier would not play Thursday.

I think this will be the team apart from in goal where I expect Joseph to get the nod.

He played the previous EL game and Hugo just played twice in a few days.

I cant believe Dier will be involved at all given he played Sun and Tues. I'd also hold back Dier for Sunday

I'd go Toby and Sanchex and then try to take Toby off for Tanganga at some point if possible

Yeah, i forgot Dier played on Sunday. That'd make sense

Has anyone seen Bale on the training pitch yet building up his fitness?

If he’s not able to train due to the knee injury, then I doubt he’d be ready for the wham game as he needs time to work on his fitness once the injury is dealt with.

He's just started training on grass again according to Giggs

Back