• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Blue Scum OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can we address the strong possibility that Kane is likely to be hit with a ban that will see him out of the weekend.

Totally unnecessary too! So early in the game as well. It wasn't even that rough a match given it's Chelsea.
...Though I think that was due to big characters such as Dier, Alli and Jan all missing.

Disagree. I think Rose is getting back to very close to how good he was a couple of seasons ago. He's been up there as our best player in each of last few games he's played.
However, his injuries haven't helped but what is much, much more frustrating is Poch's fudging desire to keep rotating the full backs!! Just as Rose picks up some form he gets benched!! Momentum is key and it does my nut in whenever I see Rose on the bench!

Agree with most of this, but rotation is absolutely unavoidable, regardless of form and particularly when we're playing two or three games a week.

As Poch always says, the players are not machines.

Dembele gone/ wanyama gets injured sitting down - that's the CM we had

Toby looks off

Christian potentially off

Rose isn't the force he was

As I say, depends how you define cycle.

Thats more in line with the refresh I was thinking of, so likely we are arguing the same point.

A handful in/out will change things up significantly, but at the same time the core squad remains.

See I would let this go except when others don't perform its their fault and people are quick to point it out, so why is it now pochs fault?

Because he sets the team up and is responsible. he excepts the praise and it's a two-way street and goes both ways.
I'm a huge Poch fan but that does not make impervious to criticism.
We are way off form and look a shadow of the team at the turn of the year AND in the second half against Dortmund.

Sissoko and Winks as well as they have done are not a top 4 pairing.

Sissoko as a pure destroyer is ok but we need some creativity/someone that can commit a player or two.

Getting rid of Dembele for the sake of 6 months was silly, if fit he was still our best CM option.

We do have the weakest CM in the top 6

Dembele was a fitness/money moment, and I doubt would have played at all, not unlike Wanyama now who is a waste of wages.
Sissoko is indeed a pure destroyer and Winks bless him is now the only game in town. But they both gave it there all as did Kane.
What tinkled me off was Chelsea was so mediocre and beatable.

Disagree. I think Rose is getting back to very close to how good he was a couple of seasons ago. He's been up there as our best player in each of last few games he's played.
However, his injuries haven't helped but what is much, much more frustrating is Poch's fudging desire to keep rotating the full backs!! Just as Rose picks up some form he gets benched!! Momentum is key and it does my nut in whenever I see Rose on the bench!

He has to rotate Rose as he needs his minutes managed.

I wish he would just give Serge/kwp a run of games the other side.

Because he sets the team up and is responsible. he excepts the praise and it's a two-way street and goes both ways.
We are way off form and look a shadow of the team at the turn of the year AND in the second half against Dortmund.

He set the team up perfectly well.

The players didnt deliver.

He made positive changes to swing it our way.

Trippier and Lloris had a brainfart.

Im not seeing where Poch should be criticised to be honest, he did his part - its the players that let him and us down.

Poch isnt impervious to criticism, at all, but this isnt one of those times he deserves it.

The players clearly let him down against Burnley and he let them and us know. He set up a good team last night, and was let down again. Thats on them, not him.

He set the team up perfectly well.

The players didnt deliver.

He made positive changes to swing it our way.

Trippier and Lloris had a brainfart.

Im not seeing where Poch should be criticised to be honest, he did his part - its the players that let him and us down.

Poch isnt impervious to criticism, at all, but this isnt one of those times he deserves it.

The players clearly let him down against Burnley and he let them and us know. He set up a good team last night, and was let down again. Thats on them, not him.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Poch AND the players are as or one or should be, they are all Spurs.

Poch isn't responsible for specific actions on the pitch, but he is responsible for mindset and physical conditioning.

So why is it now pochs fault and not Eriksen’s?
When Sissoko, lamela, or Moura have 'poor' games they get called out.
Eriksen was brick last night, even worse than he was on Saturday, and yet excuses are being made and it's pochs fault.
Pick your potato mate, judge them all equally or not at all.

That doesn't magically heal almost a seasons worth of fatigue. It's basically impossible to pre-empt when the body will give out, but Eriksen in particular looks utterly spent at the moment.

This whole fatigue thing is a red herring and is wheeled out when we lose. They were just poor and lost two on the bounce and everybody on the playing side should accept responsibility.

I rarely get upset and can usually maintain long-view...but this was exceptionally poor in light of the weekend. I am pressed to remember two such inept performances back to back. FWIW I thought bar 20 mins at the end of the first-half, this was the worst of season.

I go forth on Saturday knowing that we must smash them. I mean, smash them.
We need to make a statement.
For nobody else, only ourselves.
COYS

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Agreed. If I’m watching a game I never, ever leave early. Had to watch this in the pub last night and when that backpass went in, I left. Have never done that before. But we looked bad, like something isn’t right.

Not that the game wasn’t even really, because it was. It was just that we made stupid mistakes at crucial times, just like we made a stupid mistakes to allow Burnley to score their winner.

This element of stupid mistakes is something we don’t usually do under Poch. Particularly at this time of the season, we’re usually really kicking into gear. I worry that the whole idea of no one leaves and no one comes in gave the existing squad a bit of a boost at the start of the year, and as such we scrapped our way to a lot of wins. Everyone was still bought in. Now, you’ve got Eriksen potentially with his eye on a big move, for Toby it might finally be the end of the road, who knows whether Trippier and Aurier think it might be their time for different reasons.

We’ve always been very motivated when everyone has been bought in. Motivation for me is not something Poch does in his team talk, it’s building a culture and making the right decisions over years that engrains it. We seem to be doing well in the CL - maybe some of these players know they might not ever have as easy a chance to progress in that competition and their game is higher.

I don’t know....I just feel something isn’t right. Usually I’m the first person telling everyone I’m watching the game with to believe in this team but last night I never saw it. Maybe the plan was to ramp up the tempo in the last 20 mins and hit them when they were fatigued from the cup final, and maybe we just conceded the goals at the wrong time. But it’s stupid mistakes, and usually they just don’t happen. I’m quite concerned.

Hopefully we scrape top 4, and we can rebuild into the next phase in the summer. But right now I’m not optimistic given our performances.

This whole fatigue thing is a red herring and is wheeled out when we lose. They were just poor and lost two on the bounce and everybody on the playing side should accept responsibility.

I think you're letting yourself down in this thread. The defeat is raw I get that, but allow some perspective to filter into your comments.

It's never as simple as 'we're just poor, end of.' .. No doubt the players, heck the entire staff will be disappointed. I'm sure they're taking responsibility internally too.

That doesn't remove the fact that this season has so far been a great success for us, blips happen and I'm confident they will be corrected this weekend.

So why is it now pochs fault and not Eriksen’s?

They are both involved in the defeat at and are thus responsible.
Pochettino did NOT set that team up WELL as we lost 2 zip to one of our main competitors. I'm sure Poch would not absolve himself of responsibly.

It's never as simple as 'we're just poor, end of.'

Of course, it's not, but the bottom line is exactly that. when the dust settles that all the record will say WE LOST 2-0.
Poch says he wants a winning mentality at Spurs. So which is it be, they are tired and we can let them off or they (Poch and the players) blew it. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
They are both involved in the defeat at and are thus responsible.
Pochettino did NOT set that team up WELL as we lost 2 zip to one of our main competitors. I'm sure Poch would not absolve himself of responsibly.

Somehow I don't think poch set Eriksen up to play like an 8 year school girl.

Back