1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** Tottenham vs Arsenal OMT POSTPONED ***

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by markysimmo, 14 Jan 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamB

AdamB Tommy Harmer

The PL have a choice between:

- cancelling a game because a team has 1 Covid case
    Or
    - taking a risk on the level of competition due to a weak team

in the first situation, even if Arsenal has that 1 extra player then arguably they’re not in a materially different position however they’ll be petrified about the image of a high profile game which will be shown around the world.

The PL should tell Arsenal to either play the game or forfeit the points, but doubt it’ll be that clear. Wouldn’t be surprised if Arsenal are sending the rest of the squad around to Odegaard’s place for some hugs n kisses to try to get a few cases!!

thfcsteff likes this.
  2. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Especially Lacazette !!

upload_2022-1-14_23-19-38.png

3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jürgen Klinsmann

4. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Didier Zokora

If made to play then let’s be honest, it’s unlikely they will turn up threadbare. Look what happened with the Palace game.

thfcsteff likes this.
  5. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Steve Carr

I feel quite relaxed about this.
    If the game goes ahead, we really should be winning it.
    If it's postponed, then playing them in future with Son, Dier, Romero as well as new signings in our team makes me feel confident regardless of who is in their side.

Gazza Dazzla likes this.
  6. Baleforce

Baleforce Robbie Keane

Yep, Henry and Fabregas will still fudging start and tear us a new one.

7. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mauricio Taricco

The bigger problem is having issues that affect Spurs being reported by mainstream media members suffering from chronic, long-term, incurable Arsenalitis.

Sami Mokbel of the Daily Melee, Nick Ames of the Guardian and Charlie Eccleshair of Thee Arseletic are all chronic long-term sufferers of Arsenalitis and their scribblings usually take a crafty piszs on Spurs whilst upholding a pro-Arsenal slant on things.

So it is actually refreshing to hear the likes of Neville and Carragher come out in favour of forcing Arsenal to play this game.

8. indospurs

indospurs Roman Pavlyuchenko

Never forget Lasagnagate

FolkestoneSpur and mephitis like this.
  9. markysimmo

Leicester had far more than 1 COVID case as part of their case to get a postponement
    Arsenal have 1, farcical if its postponed because of 1 case

10. Hashegotthesackyet?

Hashegotthesackyet? Steve Hodge

Nailed on it will be postponed. They’ll probably blame it on the fog…

11. Robbo

Robbo Johnny Morrison

It's a very dangerous and ridiculous precedent to set if they postpone the game on the basis of one case - then again, when was the PL ever concerned with precedents, consistency and transparency? More likely than not, they'll postpone the game and later not give a brick about the implications when they have to make similar decisions.

There's a reason, IMO, they don't put clear guidelines in place - it will force their hand with future decisions, taking away the power they have to decide as they see fit from case to case.

mephitis, MKSpur and DeanoAustin like this.
  12. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Lucky we're so crap in cups that we'll just about be able to play these 13 weeks of Tuesday plus Thursday games we're clocking up.

The EPL will have to extend the season and scrap the Nations' League

13. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Johnny Morrison

So they want it postponed as a result of injuries, COVID and Afcon, what utter crap. Added to that they had an idiot sent off against Liverpool, another player not available, thus increasing the number of players not available to them. Bottom line the only factor to be taken into consideration should be COVID cases

14. markysimmo

and they loaned out 2 players this week too, if you're down to the bare bones you don't do that

15. Legohamster

Legohamster Jimmy McCormick

It seems they had talks before submitting officially

They must have been given an indication it will be off.

16. AdamB

AdamB Tommy Harmer

I think the fact that a lot of noise is being made about this in the media by a variety of pundits and journos means there has to be a very good chance that their request will be rejected

mephitis likes this.
  17. AdamB

AdamB Tommy Harmer

If thats the case (initial talks) then I don't thin you can jump to the conclusion that it will be off

Equally like is that after any informal initial talks they were told that the PL can't give them a proper answer or consider it fully until they lob in a formal request

I doubt any individual PL official would have had the confidence or authority to give a firm view on their own particularly given how high profile this will be if the game is portponed

Legohamster likes this.
  18. markysimmo

19. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Christian Ziege

If all the sky pundits are saying it should not be called of then i don't think it will. That's a rather pointed message from sky.

It's skys big game this weekend, no way will they want it cancelled.
    Sky have a product to sell, as soon as that product becomes unreliable they have an issue.
    A point will come when the PL will be told, play or we need to start looking at the deal.

Rorschach and AdamB like this.
  20. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Nick Barmby

If this game is called off it will be the final straw for me, this is not the game I love. The media have destroyed it and replaced it with celebrities and entitled couch potato fans. I much preferred the version I started watching and the people who watched and played. I dont give a brick about what fast food or craft beer I can buy and dont want to wear merchandise nor do I want to know anything about the players likes or dislikes. It's a game you watch or play with your mates in your spare time period.

parklane1, mephitis and paxtonwolf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.