• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Videos Thread

Before this gets taken down, before anything at all happens to it - please watch it.

It's beautiful. Everything from Yidvids always is.

And, somehow, it always reminds you how much you care. How much we all care, together. Despite it all, we care.

And always will.

Happy summer to all of you. :')

It's been a bit down around here - understandably so. But I wanted to put this back here, as a reminder of happier times - and a reflection of where we've come.

That's one of my favorite Spurs videos of all time, released at the end of the unforgettable rollercoaster that was 09/10. And what a year it was.

When I think back to that momentous year, so much remains etched indelibly into my memory. The barnstorming start to the season, with five wins out of five. The stumbles, and setbacks that followed. Getting back on track with a series of thumpings, crowned by obliterating Wigan 9-1 in the most amazing display of ruthlessness I've seen from us in 20 years of supporting this club.

The growing sense of belief that it could actually be our year. The steady back-and-forth between us and City as we headed into the final stretch. That heartbreaking loss in the FA Cup semi to Pompey, with KPB coming back to haunt us in the most sexy fashion possible. The despair that followed, knowing that our season was about to evaporate as we headed into the killer stretch of fixtures that would break our hopes, yet again.

And then, a corner, thumped into the box under the lights against a timeless evening sky. 36,000 people, watching as it sailed into the middle. The thump of the ball, as Almunia sent it clear, well away from all possible danger.

And a young left winger, as he was back then. Watching it all the way, in his very first game in the Premier League. Down it fell, right onto his foot.

And with an almighty roar, it blasted past 21 stunned players, and 36,000 stunned fans...thundering into the back of the net.

I like to think that history changed a little that day. Our fate, our very nature, changed on that April evening back in 2010. Something stuck - something didn't break, for once in our history. For once, we stayed firm.

And, a month later, we watched as Younes Kaboul marauded down the right at the Etihad, under a balmy sky on a calm spring evening. The thundered cross, which Fulop could only despairing paw out. The looping header from Crouch. The parabolic arc of the ball, as it sailed into the net.

And then, ecstasy. Nothing but a blur, as Crouch ran over to the roaring corner of Spurs fans amidst the blue-shirted masses in that giant stadium. The fans who, in that one moment, had climbed the summit..blissfully united with the 11 players who had conquered it.

For the first time, in a long, long, long time, we were the good Spurs again. After a long long time...we dared to dream.

That year was magical. And, looking back at it, 8 years on, so much has stemmed from that moment.

We've had ups, we've had downs. And I've changed as a person, and in my opinions. I've fallen out of love with some elements of this club, mainly the increasingly useless owners. And I've fallen in love with others all over again.

But, in that year, we could dream again, for the first time. And as we stand here today, eight years on, moping and worrying about whether we can get the third CL qualification in three years under our bet, with a team of likeable, talented players, and a manager who is the very best thing that could ever have happened to us...it's good to be reminded of a simpler time. When it wasn't about whether we could do it again and again, but whether we could even do it at all.

The days when the world was against us, and everything seemed like an adventure into the unknown.

It's good to remember sometimes. :)

Before this gets taken down, before anything at all happens to it - please watch it.

And, somehow, it always reminds you how much you care. How much we all care, together. Despite it all, we care.

And always will.

Wonderful. Got me bawling.

And always will.

Very much a holy video revival Batman, but I miss my hairy smiling Poch and I wish I could bring him back in this guise from gardening leave.
Disclaimer: The single malt might be strong at this hour..

Back