• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham v Wolves OMT

Gimme a break man. Yes he stupidly gave a corner to them but he gave us quite a few decisions too (especially in the second half). That drop ball in the area decsion was insane tbh.

We didn't win because we hardly created much in the second half. Wolves were defending the whole game and still created the 2 best chances of the game (edwards in the first half and Frimpong in the second).

Oh come on, you know better than that.
Their opportunities looked good, because they were not surrounded by 10 players, everything we did at their end was conducted in a sea of Orange shirts.

Some posters on here are bitching, because they weren't served up a 23-0 win, and are griping like spoiled kids

At our end of the game, we have to accept that teams are not going to come to WHL and and try to win, they just want to try not to get a Wigan result.

Wolves were brick, and were just a luckier version of WBA/Everton/Sunderland ...............yada yada yada

I'd rather support Spurs and be proud of the fact that we have a team that goes out and tries to win every game, rather than a team that goes out to try not to concede anything

do remember what it was like to watch the Santini sides we put out?

I shudder when I think about it.

Tbh Mick i never agree with the poster but he's right on this occasion imo. Dawson wasn't good today.

then I disagree with you as well.
He won pretty much everything in the air, lots of good interventions and his passing (apart from a couple of his Hollywood jobs) was generally Ok

I can remember one incident where he got passed when flat footed, and the opportunity was snuffed out.

So what do we do, cane him because he didn't score from all of the superbly delivered corners and free kicks? Or the fact that he didn't stop the goal?

Because his passing is brick.

And if he marked his man on the corner we would not even need to break their defense because they'd never be 1 up.

Oh come on, you know better than that.
Their opportunities looked good, because they were not surrounded by 10 players, everything we did at their end was conducted in a sea of Orange shirts.

Some posters on here are bitching, because they weren't served up a 23-0 win, and are griping like spoiled kids

At our end of the game, we have to accept that teams are not going to come to WHL and and try to win, they just want to try not to get a Wigan result.

Wolves were brick, and were just a luckier version of WBA/Everton/Sunderland ...............yada yada yada

I'd rather support Spurs and be proud of the fact that we have a team that goes out and tries to win every game, rather than a team that goes out to try not to concede anything

do remember what it was like to watch the Santini sides we put out?

I shudder when I think about it.

I agree Mick but at the same time its easy to say this as we have talent in abundance whereas Wolves are limited as seen today. How can they be expected to outplay us with the quality in their team and if they stayed open we would destroy them. So while I hate their style of play, I cant expect them to come here and try to play glory football when they are a team of cloggers and footballing nobodies. I must say this is not arrogance as we have the same idea when we play United at Old Trafford etc.

I disagree with people saying Wolves were brick. The defended valiantly and deserved their point

They were a well organised team of little or no ambition to actually win a game of football
They were brick in terms of actually wanting to try to win the game, or make an entertaining spectacle of it. They were brick insofar as they had players in the team who showed no ambition, beyond that of defending at all costs.
If thats how you like your football, and you see something admirable in their performance, then it must be a great day for you.

We drew 1-1 with Chelsea as well, do you equate the the two teams? As far as I remember, our team today was pretty much the same as was against them. Slightly different in terms of a footballing spectacle

I agree Mick but at the same time its easy to say this as we have talent in abundance whereas Wolves are limited as seen today. How can they be expected to outplay us with the quality in their team and if they stayed open we would destroy them. So while I hate their style of play, I cant expect them to come here and try to play glory football when they are a team of cloggers and footballing nobodies. I must say this is not arrogance as we have the same idea when we play United at Old Trafford etc.

sorry, but no.
we rarely go there to hold out for a 0-0 result. Our undoing is that we go there and try to play football, up until now they have got away with it. If we played them tomorrow they wouldn't.

IMHO

I am not so sure Mick, when we play the top teams we change how we play especially away from home. Against Utd especially whether they have injuries or not we still play in awe of them at OT and when you think of our results there over the last 20 years you can see why. I am hoping this will change with results last year against Arse and Liverpool but it remains to be seen whether we can be a real force away from home.

I am not so sure Mick, when we play the top teams we change how we play especially away from home. Against Utd especially whether they have injuries or not we still play in awe of them at OT and when you think of our results there over the last 20 years you can see why. I am hoping this will change with results last year against Arse and Liverpool but it remains to be seen whether we can be a real force away from home.

The last time I was at OT for a Spurs game we won 4-1, and Martin Peters scored them all

Harsh to criticise Dawson. Kaboul and him kept Fletcher quiet. I really dont understand why we kept four defenders on today and replaced Benny with another LB in Rose.

At least we now have until next Sunday for the players to rest, recover for the game against Emirates Marketing Project. I expect the players will feel disappointed that we dropped two points today and that that will fire them up even more for next weekend. I would not be shocked if Emirates Marketing Project drop points at Wigan tomorrow, leaving us not much further behind and having had a bay day at the office... fingers crossed!

Back