• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v West "Massive" Ham *****

Rice is a hell of a player isn’t he. I have to say I thought he was overrated up until recently enough, maybe that was just me being biased but I think he’s really stepped up since the Euros.
I remember seeing him for England and he seemed incapable if completing the simplest of passes, so assumed his game was just about running and positional discipline (Which limited players usually find easier). The first time I actually started to think more of him technically was when I saw him on the F2 (YouTube freestylers my 8 year old watches!)

He’s come through West Ham via Chelsea though, he’s have to be pretty thick skinned to come to us!

I remember seeing him for England and he seemed incapable if completing the simplest of passes, so assumed his game was just about running and positional discipline (Which limited players usually find easier). The first time I actually started to think more of him technically was when I saw him on the F2 (YouTube freestylers my 8 year old watches!)

He’s come through West Ham via Chelsea though, he’s have to be pretty thick skinned to come to us!
The key with any player for England is they need 10 games just to feel part of the set up
He now is a mainstay of the team so he is comfortable there

I thought we played well in periods and the best team won at the end, lot of fans around me were bitching about how poor we were in the second half but imo we controlled the game without taking any chances. More progress from Conte.

That Rice is going to be a VERY good player, good to see Bergy looking like a dangerous player again.

imo we controlled the game

We only won because Hugo made some great saves - that isn't what I call controlling the game. It certainly wasn't fun to watch the second half.

imo we controlled the game

We only won because Hugo made some great saves - that isn't what I call controlling the game. It certainly wasn't fun to watch the second half.

I did say we controlled the game in PERIODS, You right Lloris was MOM but we were the better side. imo.

That's the best I've ever seen Rice play, didnt look the same player he does for England. I thought he should have done better on our first goal as Hojbjerg goes pass him and ends up 10 yards away from him before passing to bergwin.

We desperately need a bullying type centre forward who can hold the ball up. Kane no longer is that man. A major part of the reason we lose control of games is because we simply have no out ball. A top centre forward would provide a focal point for our defence and midfield to hit. Kane would then adopt the Sherringham role, which he seems to prefer now anyways.

This must be out top priority in January. It is the only position we have absolutely no cover for.

Random one
On around 53 mins yesterday Moura was penalised for handball after Doherty cross was deflected in his arm… which was by its side. How was that right when you look at salahs at the weekend?
Shambles again IMO

Random one
On around 53 mins yesterday Moura was penalised for handball after Doherty cross was deflected in his arm… which was by its side. How was that right when you look at salahs at the weekend?
Shambles again IMO

Is it because the referee spotted the handball, whereas in the Lidlpuddle game he did not, which put us in the realm of VAR?

In hindsight I'd say we were in control for all of the second half. West Ham were brilliant for 3 minutes between us scoring first and then their equaliser. They really posed no threat through the centre and it looked as though we'd worked hard on preventing them crossing the ball - which apart from the aforementioned 3 minute period we did.

I thought the substitutions all achieved the target of stopping their rhythm - it was notable once we changed the full backs on 83 mins that we suddenly managed to push them back about 20 yards further up the pitch (though not directly attributable to the subs in question).

In many ways the second half played out like many games under Mourinho; the differences being that a) we managed not to concede late on and b) this felt like an effective way to manage this specific game situation as opposed to it being the mastermind planned for a week in advance.

As many said prior to the game their main threat came from high balls into the box, Soucek is very dangerous in those situations. Their tactic seemed to win corners rather than pass to forwards near the box. Very disappointed there was trouble at the game, I just dont get where this alleged rivalry comes from nor do two of my mates who support West Ham, they both hate Millwall.

As many said prior to the game their main threat came from high balls into the box, Soucek is very dangerous in those situations. Their tactic seemed to win corners rather than pass to forwards near the box. Very disappointed there was trouble at the game, I just dont get where this alleged rivalry comes from nor do two of my mates who support West Ham, they both hate Millwall.
It’s of their creation
They believe we’re their nearest and dearest

One for the cameras though
He wasn’t at full stretch but one he would IMO always save
Think this is a bit harsh, for the purposes of research i just watched a compilation of his saves and a couple are top notch. I'm not saying his performance will be talked about for generations to come but there were definitely a couple of saves that were beyond routine

Back