• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham v Villa OMT

this ref is an utter clam, one of the most biased officiating performances I have ever seen

and we've still won 4-0
If I were Conte, i'd pay him a visit in the dressing room. Would be well deserved of some Martin Jol treatment. There was a story of him doing it to a ref at half time in his early days with us.
He went to see the ref at half time and this is supposedly what was said between Jol and the ref;

- I'm new in this country so I'm not sure what's allowed and not. Can I call you a clam?
- No you can't. I'd book you or send you to the stands.
- Ok, but am I allowed to think it?
- It's a free country so you can think whatever you want.
- Ok then, I think you're a clam!

Last edited:
Intriguing game to watch.

Gerrard knew what he was doing going in ruthlessly hard in the first 45 minutes. There's a bit of ego going there I think - he wants all the players to be like him. The hyper-aggressiveness was there across all players including Coutinho, and the consistency of the way they tackled - e.g. follow through with the trailing knee - points to a well rehearsed and deliberate attempt at hurting the opponents physically, whilte toeing regulations. Doherty's injury demonstrated how much damage could be done if its trailing knee on standing knee while clearly getting the ball. We've seen these type of tackles at competitive amateur sports, but poor on Gerard if its at the professional level. Even got Ashley young to take down Kane when the scoreline was beyond them.

Good to see some give-back by Cuti and Romero - they didn't shirk anything and went in fully gave some back. Personally disappointed to see Hojberg, Davies and Dier letting the Villa players smother them without any fightback especially during the first half.

Kulu what a joy to watch - I was wrong, he is fast enough for the Premier League. Great ball control stationary and on the run, but most impressively he has fantastic awareness of the other players movement. Also has a great engine on him, doesn't seem to lose any steam, always seems to have a clear head on him. And that goal between the legs!

Kane-Son - what a combo and they look so happy playing together. Son - so clinical when running towards goal. Kane so selfless.

Romero - provide steel in the defence and was auxillary cover in front all of the defence.

Royal - today's game shows how important he is. Holds the ball well and gets dug in. Also able to take the ball upfield and stay up there. The right side was a good fight and we matched up man to man. Villa was rough but we looked up to it.

Sad for Doherty's injury. He's a solid pro and didn't deserve to be taken out like that. I think he's going to be out for a while if he had 100% weight on that knee at full flight.

In the end the Villa players were so hot-blooded that weren't cool enough to finish anything they started against an in-form Loris. The second goal visibly knocked their enthusiasm and adrenaline down a few levels. (Must have felt sickening for the players as the third and fourth went in.)
Gerard doesn't look that good a manager to me. He's got some very technical players and not using them to their potential. (Lampard seems to be in quite the opposite situation - trying to play some technical football but without the right players).

Good managers find that balance and gets the most out of every player for the team. Can't say it enough - so glad that we have Conte.

Back