• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham v Poocastle ****

Only Chelsea have won more Premier League games than Spurs - and we’ve had a pretty tough set of fixtures to start with. I wish some on here would not go OTT every time we lose a couple of games, as if the world is about to end. This league is so competitive, everyone is going to have poor runs…..

Outside the top three there are quite a few half decent teams (us included) who can all beat each other week to week.

Only Chelsea have won more Premier League games than Spurs - and we’ve had a pretty tough set of fixtures to start with. I wish some on here would not go OTT every time we lose a couple of games, as if the world is about to end. This league is so competitive, everyone is going to have poor runs…..
Everyone knows we'll lose games from time to time. I think what really bothers people, at least for me, is the manner we lost the games, especially vs Arsenal and Palace.
Play well and lose against a better team, fine.
Put in the square root of fudge all effort like we did against Palace and Arsenal, and people will rightfully get upset.

Fifth is probably a pretty good reflection of where we are in terms of other teams too. City, Chelski and Pool will 99% be top three in some order. We're among the pack of teams chasing fourth, but could also easily end up 8th/9th depending on performance.

Everyone knows we'll lose games from time to time. I think what really bothers people, at least for me, is the manner we lost the games, especially vs Arsenal and Palace.
Put in the square root of fudge all effort like we did against Palace and Arsenal, and people will rightfully get upset.
I don’t buy the putting in no effort thing, it might appear they aren’t but to accuse top level athletes of putting in no effort is a massive insult. Sure we’ve had some poor performances, but you have to balance the fact that Nuno has had the most disrupted preparation of any manager I can think of in the league. By the end of the season we will look a much more cohesive team, I am sure of that….

Completely. Those performances were an embarrassment.

Last couple PL games have been a lot better, with the back 4 starting to look like a unit - Romero and Emerson in particular starting to look like very good additions. We're looking better going forward too, though I'm not convinced about the PEh and Skipp partnership in CM. The midfield is 100x better though without Dele in there

I'd like to see us be more aggressive without the ball and press oppositions more, and then we'll have a good shot at top 5/6. Looking further forward, replacing Winks and Dele with players who could come in and add something to us would be a big step us, as would upgrading Dier

Best oerformance of the season. Maybe twinned with Emirates Marketing Project. Always in control. Fast passing ( horray). NDombele best showing in a Spurs shirt. More of the same please. But can someone other than Kane take future free kicks!

Ndoms was sniffing around that one, wondered what their chat was.

Bizarre Nuno didn't make any subs at 3-1 and against 10 men and after several players travelled back from South America (and Korea I think)

I was worried about their hamstrings as they charged around, especially Royal and Reggie who must have run double the distance of Dier/Romero.

Too sensible mate.

With no substitutions, are we going to play a totally different eleven on Thursday night?

I want to see todays eleven and the senior coaching staff and manager kept in London working towards the wham game.

The team for the ucl game should be gollini, sanchez, rodon, davies, tanganga, winks, lo celso, dele, gil, bergwijn, scarlett.

And the ‘manager’ can be whoever takes the u23s or the womens team manager can be in charge.

After the poor start reassuring we didn’t go into panic mode.

Most control I’ve seen us have in a game. At least the undeserved OG didn’t influence the result and we still looked comfortable keeping the ball, sans for a silly attempt to cross by Moura.
Ndombele looked more comfortable further forward and seemed to be popping up on the left.
Even though it was only Saudi Sportswashing Machine there seemed to be more purpose to the passing, full backs involved a lot more and if we can continue to drill the one touch stuff hopefully we can be a little more cljcial with the final ball which will be important against the bigger teams.

Thought Skipp was excellent.
Don’t understand no subs though.
I feel for Dier and he’s certainly improved this season but I do wonder why Rodon or even Tanganga is not being given the nod.

glad to hear the fan was stabilised but also think the players deserve some credit for getting back on it after the restart and it was the third goal that sealed the narrative for the 2nd half and ultimately the match. I thought Nuno came on to moan to the ref for stopping it as we were in the ascendancy!

Re Saudi Sportswashing Machine, they have a decision to make on the next manager as what they really need is a firefighter in the Allardyce mould, even with a splurge in Jan they won’t be getting the right type of player or have the time to fix the rot that is setting in and it’s not a situation I think they can play their way out of by trying to spice up the style of play in such a short space of time. Especially with their games before Christmas including City, Liverpool, chelsea, Leicester and United.

They could probably do with an interim and then make their big moves in the summer.

Yet another slow poor start and these put us on the back foot. NES must get them more energetic from the start.

Back