• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Palace Birds *****

Some will say Tanguy…. He didn’t play well when he came on

I'm probably one of his biggest fans on here and I agree. Ndombele lost the ball in a situation that should be much easier to deal with than the one Skipp was put in, and not for the first time.

Skipp isn't truly press resistant imo, but he's tidy, has good awareness and is fairly consistent both with his first touch and passing.

I'd have him in a situation like that over most of our midfield options at the moment. That may not be good enough for where we want to go, but for now it's both good enough and as good as we have available. And that's not even his strongest attribute.

Against a proper high press we don't end up in that situation.

It has happened before, it will happen again, it's fine. The alternative is much worse.

If the frequency of this kind of thing happening becomes too high it's a severe problem for sure. I don't think that's the case now.

The problem for me is who plays with Skipp, not Skipp for me.

Who in the squad would you trust to do better in those situations?
Nobody…. We’re very weak in the centre of midfield. Far, far weaker than our top 6 rivals here in terms of quality.

I'm probably one of his biggest fans on here and I agree. Ndombele lost the ball in a situation that should be much easier to deal with than the one Skipp was put in, and not for the first time.

Skipp isn't truly press resistant imo, but he's tidy, has good awareness and is fairly consistent both with his first touch and passing.

I'd have him in a situation like that over most of our midfield options at the moment. That may not be good enough for where we want to go, but for now it's both good enough and as good as we have available. And that's not even his strongest attribute.
No player is press resistant. Some are better under pressure (the best now is Rice IMO and that’s a recent improvement)
But I really like skipp and what he has added to the team

Nobody…. We’re very weak in the centre of midfield. Far, far weaker than our top 6 rivals here in terms of quality.

I think that somewhat overstated an otherwise good enough point.

Even agreeing for the sake of argument Skipp has come in and made himself much more of a solution. Imo outperforming PEH who was himself a clear upgrade last season.

No doubt at 21 during his first half of real PL football Skipp still has steps to take, but he's looking really good already.

No player is press resistant. Some are better under pressure (the best now is Rice IMO and that’s a recent improvement)
But I really like skipp and what he has added to the team

Fairly common to describe those at the better end of that spectrum as press resistant isn't it? Makes sense as a term to me at least.

Agreed on Skipp. New system has also made us more press resistant as a team, that's good to see.

I think that somewhat overstated an otherwise good enough point.

Even agreeing for the sake of argument Skipp has come in and made himself much more of a solution. Imo outperforming PEH who was himself a clear upgrade last season.

No doubt at 21 during his first half of real PL football Skipp still has steps to take, but he's looking really good already.

Fairly common to describe those at the better end of that spectrum as press resistant isn't it? Makes sense as a term to me at least.

Agreed on Skipp. New system has also made us more press resistant as a team, that's good to see.
I can’t think of one player in the prem who is press resistant off the top of my head but agree the more expensive players are the ones who are better. Rice for me is exceptional with keeping the ball and in sure city have plenty who are too

Finally got to the game! After traveling from half way round the world...

At the game felt as if we were barely starting in first gear for the first half hour - the lady I sat next to at the North Stand Paxton said she wanted to see the goals - then we exploded with the two goals !! Pukkah

The atmosphere was great, a bit quiet but i was waving the palace fans goodbye, it was all fun and another great result. Skipp is so important in winning the ball back but I felt we lacked a ball player till we started pinging the ball faster and ran a bit quicker we started to open them up, they couldn't live it.

couldnt believe the similarity in results between this home and our previous away at palace-3 goals and a red. But, I felt we barely got out of 2nd gear, felt effortless and the wise subs by signore Conte

At the game felt as if we were barely starting in first gear for the first half hour - the lady I sat next to at the North Stand Paxton said she wanted to see the goals - then we exploded with the two goals !! Pukkah

The atmosphere was great, a bit quiet but i was waving the palace fans goodbye, it was all fun and another great result. Skipp is so important in winning the ball back but I felt we lacked a ball player till we started pinging the ball faster and ran a bit quicker we started to open them up, they couldn't live it.

couldnt believe the similarity in results between this home and our previous away at palace-3 goals and a red. But, I felt we barely got out of 2nd gear, felt effortless and the wise subs by signore Conte
;):);)

Good effort mate, very impressive!
At the game felt as if we were barely starting in first gear for the first half hour
Agreed, at the start of the game we did not look like a top team
I felt we lacked a ball player till we started pinging the ball faster and ran a bit quicker we started to open them up, they couldn't live it.
Agreed, we were scratching it forwards and losing it and under pressure, until it eventually a ball broke our way and Kane swept it home.

We haven't sold out 1 game so far this season see below
People scared to go to Liverpool/Hammers because of maybe getting COVID and ruining Xmas

View attachment 13374

Would expect we go back to high 50's from Arsenal onwards
The big, BIG difference here is that Tottenham announced when they moved to their new stadium they would report ONLY the number of bums on seats, rather than tickets sold and/or given away. What's more, so far as I can make out we are currently the only PL club currently doing so.

So the stats for all other PL clubs are essentially fake news. This was never more transparent than over the w/end, when you could see from Match of the Day that every single home PL club, without exception, played to a blatantly half-empty stadium, yet all apart from Tottenham posted stats for 99% full houses. What's more, most have sneakily taken to holding back official attendance reports until up to two days later on the assumption that fans will by then have lost interest.

Last edited:
The big, BIG difference here is that Tottenham announced when they moved to their new stadium they would report ONLY the number of bums on seats, rather than tickets sold and/or given away. What's more, so far as I can make out we are currently the only PL club currently doing so.

So the stats for all other PL clubs are essentially fake news. This was never more transparent than over the w/end, when you could see from Match of the Day that every single home PL club, without exception, played to a blatantly half-empty stadium, yet all apart from Tottenham posted stats for 99% full houses. What's more, most have sneakily taken to holding back official attendance reports until up to two days later on the assumption that fans will by then have lost interest.
No… their fans were there but as spirits rather than real entities
Its how they can count them

Back