• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Liverpool *****

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Date - Sunday 19th December
Kick Off - 16.30pm
Venue - NWHL

Literally no idea on who might play for us if the game is played but I reckon there will be huge amounts of empty seats as people will decide not to go

Spurs 3 Liverpool 3

Hoping Liverpool get a few more positive cases today though

upload_2021-12-17_13-20-30.png

upload_2021-12-17_13-21-47.png

upload_2021-12-17_13-22-24.png

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp on the latest with Virgil van Dijk, Fabinho and Curtis Jones who all missed the game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Thursday:

"It's not confirmed yet, it's an ongoing process, they are not here but they are fine.

"In this moment nobody else is positive but it's pretty early still and the players will come a little later so we will see."

"I have no idea what to expect from them [Tottenham]. After this news conference we will have an analyst meeting with old footage. We have no information. For them it is difficult as well. Who does not want to play for two weeks and then have to play again.

"More transparency would be really helpful. We know that three players are probably not going to be available.

"I heard Manchester United had a number of cases but I don't know how many. I I had no information on who had the virus at Tottenham."

We don't have anything to hide.

"Our first and most important concern is that the boys are healthy. If someone has the flu and you ask me, I say he has flu. If someone has a broken toe and I know I will say he has a broken toe.

We have to find a way to get through all this and I think an exchange of information is pretty helpful. I just say it how it is.

"I know all the anti-vaxxers will say Jurgen Klopp said they had the vaccine but now they have the virus. Yes and that's what I said before it makes it more unlikely to get it. Unfortunately they had the booster too late for the infection, if they are infected."

"I'm not against stopping the league I just don't see the 100% benefit of it.

"Stopping it means stopping now for one or two weeks, so five or six games. When do you want to play them?

"Or we just play on. It is really difficult because step by step players will get infected.

"We have games on Sunday and Wednesday, the FA Cup where if I am right or wrong the opponent does not really have a testing regime or the vaccination rate is low, but we don't get any information because it is just football.

"Can you play on? Yes. Can you use youth player and academy players? Yes. Can you play every three days? No. That's the thing with reduced squads we cannot play on, we cannot play every three days. There are obviously some things we have to talk about."

Hopefully this is postponed as well. If not, use it as a training session with an eye on the West Ham game. Not planning on watching if it goes ahead.

Hopefully we've used our winter break to do a decent mid-season pre-season, and have got quite a few bodies better conditioned in the time

I think it's a disgrace we dont tell Klopp our line up and our tactics before this game we should be forced to send him video of our training sessions and complete medical details of our players.

Eh?

I didn't see anything wrong in what he said. He's said what players are out with covid. Other teams are keeping it secret. He's just saying why? If they have flu or a broken toe other teams would name them.

Sad to say that I hope this doesn't go ahead. Quite apart from our issues with the team (and wanting to p!ss off Klopp) just getting to the ground is going to be an issue with the tube strike. Getting back to Kings Cross is going to be really tight. Might have to leave early (although we'll probably be 3-0 down by that time :rolleyes:).

Eh?

I didn't see anything wrong in what he said. He's said what players are out with covid. Other teams are keeping it secret. He's just saying why? If they have flu or a broken toe other teams would name them.

It’s annoying cause he’s lying (just because we know some Liverpool players that are out, making out it’s unfair)

If Liverpool had a big match and Salah was touch-and-go to play, there is absolutely no way Klopp would reveal if he was playing. In fact I’d guess his opinion then would be “why should we declare the team before the match”.

he’s just full of hot air, his opinions constantly change 180 degrees based on what suits them.

On then plus side; If we beat them he’s going to have so many complaints it will be glorious.

Hard to imagine we can do well in this game. Most of our first XI have had it. Some have been injured. Some coming back from post covid.

Meanwhile Liverpool have 1-3 players and have played all their games and are on a good run.

We need to get on if we can. But seems massively unfair.

Spurs v Liverpool – team news

Antonio Conte has good news on the team news and COVID-19 front as we prepare to face Liverpool at home in the Premier League on Sunday (4.30pm).

Head Coach Antonio reports we’re down to just two positive cases in the squad, and those players are likely to be available again ‘in two or three days’.

Giovani Lo Celso is also back after injury, and Sergio Reguilon may also feature, as Antonio said he was ‘ready to train on Saturday’.

“He was happy today,” Antonio told us after training on Friday. “Hopefully tomorrow he will be fully recovered.”

Asked about the COVID-19 latest, Antonio reported: “It’s good news because almost all the players are back in training, and in the next one, two days, we’ll have the squad totally negative, also the staff, and this is very important.

“In the last two weeks, we’ve faced many problems. It wasn’t easy, honestly. During the season there are moments where you have to face problems, you have to solve problems, and we are at the end of our problems with the COVID. I hope, in the future, the 50 per cent of the squad that was without COVD continue to be safe.”

There was caution in terms of the fitness of players returning from COVID-19. “We have to pay attention, because when you have COVID and you are 10 days without training, with symptoms, then when you come back in training, you have to pay attention,” said Antonio. “I have professional staff and we are trying to find the best solutions.”

Asked how difficult the last nine or 10 days have been, he added: “It’s been very difficult, especially because we didn’t play, our last game was two weeks ago, and it’s important to play, especially for me. I was in charge (took over) during the season and after one month, to stop the training sessions and to train the whole squad wasn’t so easy. We need to solve the problems and find a solution, not complain, and now we start again and work together.”

Eh?

All he needs to know is if the games is on or off, we only know anything about his team when he wants to get attention or sympathy from his media groupies, let's have an update on his players asthma status.

Sad to say that I hope this doesn't go ahead. Quite apart from our issues with the team (and wanting to p!ss off Klopp) just getting to the ground is going to be an issue with the tube strike. Getting back to Kings Cross is going to be really tight. Might have to leave early (although we'll probably be 3-0 down by that time :rolleyes:).

I’ve decided to bin it off. Want to minimise the risks of me and my family being ill on Christmas Day. And, as you say, the travel is going to be a nightmare. My daughter was coming back from university in Bath yesterday; all afternoon trains cancelled when she turned up at the station due to staff shortages. Likely to be how things are for a month at least.

Fwiw sky are reporting a provisional squad of 20 players for this game, of which all the major names are included apart from Hojbjerg.

Could just be an admin error or he could be one of those final two players that Conte has said are still out with covid.

I’ve decided to bin it off. Want to minimise the risks of me and my family being ill on Christmas Day. And, as you say, the travel is going to be a nightmare. My daughter was coming back from university in Bath yesterday; all afternoon trains cancelled when she turned up at the station due to staff shortages. Likely to be how things are for a month at least.

Sensible chap, I cant go just got back in country and have to self isolate until my results get back.

Back