• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Leeds OMT *****

Not worst. Actually very entertaining. Could have ended 6-6. I think I heard the commentators say Leeds had 20 attempts. It was end to end. Neither team could defend effectively. How we came away with a clean sheet will remain one of the mysteries of the season.
The quality was so poor
Pub standards at times

It occurred to me during the game that we're not actually inconsistent at all it's just the rest of the teams not falling into line with Conte's will, every so often they'll play the game that Conte's system as it stands needs them to for us to work but most won't.
I love Conte but at least until he's got the players he thinks we need the results are going to be very hit and miss.
I think it's going to be very frustrating when there are some very obvious ways we should set up against certain teams but that is Conte, his dogmatic approach had served him pretty well so far.

Excellent start to the weekend anyway COYS!

I always find xG to be on the stingy side. With the good chances created 4-8 could quite easily have been the scoreline, but xG says 2-2.
It's pure statistics. If players tend to miss chances from that area the XG will be lower than you might expect. It's a bit like a discussion I had on here earlier this week with the half volley chance Moura had against Burnley. Some though it was a good chance but in reality a half volley is a very very low percentage chance. XG statistically reflects that.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Under 6 hours till kick off and no thread
No wonder conte is fed up, cretins

No idea on the team today
As long as Royal & Sessegnon aren't starting I'll be happy

Leeds absolutely awful for weeks will turn up and play the game of their lives today but our counter attacking will put them to the sword

Leeds 2 Tottenham 5

View attachment 13714
Could have been 12-6 in the end
Was a great watch

Disagree with both comments because as usual posters on this site struggle with context and have tunnel vision.

Our squad when it has just a few injuries cannot cope with constant games every few days.

The centre backs never change so they will tire. The wingbacks and central midfield are good enough to be rotated but we have injuries in those positions, so again no rotation. Kane has to play every game so again no rotation.

But hey its all fine just keep sending them out every few days, nothing to worry about!

Understand what you are saying, as our squad isn’t really good enough…

However I think one of our weaknesses is that mentally we often think matches are won by turning up. We need to learn that every PL match is a big game and I think picking our strongest team helps reinforce this (at the risk of injuries etc admittedly)

I get your point though, hopefully next season we strengthen enough this is no longer an issue.

Some positives for me:

- Deki not deferring to Kane for his goal when he could’ve easily laid it off. He looks very clever player and will only get better. As someone said prior, he looks a first teamer already. Lucas will always have a special place in our hearts for obvious reasons, but he is largely a maverick; I think Deki will enable us to play a lot more like a team
- Son A LOT more aggressive with his running, fully deserved his goal
- Winks very good, progressive with his passing again and a great assist for Hoj too
- An obvious one, but brilliant that Conteball came off again for the first goal, particularly for the two lads involved
- What determination from two players in particular - Davies for the Dallas effort / Hugo brain fart, Kane when James broke - lovely to see the effort from them
- A very professional 15 mins from around 55-70 where we kept Leeds - and their fans - generally v quiet. This was crucial game management
- A little shame we weren’t more clinical. Could’ve easily had 6/7 if we had been
- Romero is an absolute Rolls Royce, lovely turn away from trouble in the second half
- We still easily could’ve conceded 3/4, but the clean sheet will do
- Well done Watford!

COYS!!

Last edited:
How about that Kulusevski fellow, eh? brick. I was skeptical, but goes to show how much I know. He looks a proper signing, doesn't he? Strong on the ball, he's got drive and skill, and a bullet of a shot. Love him already. :)
A bit early but I do hope he varies his shooting pattern. Then again Townsend hasn't changed his and he does score a few.

Back