• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham v Everton OMT***

Match Result

• Total voters

billyiddo

Teddy Sheringham
Staff member
Everton V Tottenham Hotspur
IpDC8ru.jpg

15:00, 13th August, 2016
Goodison Park

vBpgfap.jpg

070816184244.png

Everton seem to have had a reasonably quiet summer, the big moves and 100m war-chest which were supposed to have accompanied the appointment of Ronald Koeman have yet to materialize, despite being linked to every man and his dog, but they have managed to add goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Fulham and defensive midfielder Idrissa Gueye from Aston Villa - which potentially improves their first team in two positions. Two of their key players, Lukaku and Stones, seem to be heading for the exit and potentially have their minds elsewhere - which as we know isn't ideal when preparing for a new season - hopefully this can benefit us.

Skim reading some of their forums it seems they haven't looked particularly great in preseason with no sense of style of play or cohesion among the main concerns - early comfortable victories against lower league sides came before defeats to Espanyol and Dresden whilst they drew with Man Utd and Real Betis - all low scoring affairs.

fancy us for a comfortable victory here and a good performance too

3-1

Lamela, Kane, Alli : Lennon

I think we'll see Mason rather than Wanyama. Whilst Inter was only a friendly, we looked tasty going forwards and Mason does get up alongside the CF well

I think we'll see Mason rather than Wanyama. Whilst Inter was only a friendly, we looked tasty going forwards and Mason does get up alongside the CF well

i didn't see the first half of the Inter game but was under the impression we looked better going forward in the second, with Mason only playing in the first half?

regardless i think seeings as we're away from home i think we'll look for the strength that a central midfield duo of Wanyama and Dier would provide

Last edited:
Its going to be like a cup final. Koemen will want to kick off at home with a win. His teams are always setup well and will work hard. We have more quality in our team, and should at least get a draw. Everton under this new manager should get into the top 7.

Serious fears aside, and offsetting Koeman's first league game in charge, I believe they are there to be had, though if we are not on it then they have the quaility to make us pay. I think our cohesion and stable defence will see us come through. I dont think Stones and Lukaku will be as effective as normal. How I would love us to get off to a winning start. With the experience and lessons hopefully learned from last season i hope we can bugger up those toffees. 2-1 to the badger balancing on a football with Janssen to grab the winner.....COYS LETS RIP EVERYON'S NECKS OF THIS SEASON AND PLOP DOWN THEIR THROATS....COME AAAAHHHN

Its going to be like a cup final. Koemen will want to kick off at home with a win. His teams are always setup well and will work hard. We have more quality in our team, and should at least get a draw. Everton under this new manager should get into the top 7.

no chance - he's not a miracle worker and should they lose Lukaku without replacing his goals they'll be in for a long season, imv

Good time to play them we are a settled team and they are in a bit of disarray with 2 of their main players pining to leave.They will both still be there and play come saturday but what will their mental state be.3-0 to us.Its the beginning of the season and its obligatory to be ridiculously optimistic..

Wash your mouth out man!

Thinking about our front 4 i just cant see that they are going to keep us from scoring, i may be wildly wrong, but i think our forward players will cause them all sorts of problems.

Yeah. IMO Dier-Wanyama is too defensive against a mid-table side. We need Mason or Winks to transition the ball quicker.

terrifying amount of positivity in this thread, we are Spurs don't forget

i'd take a scrappy 0-0 right now

Back