• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Brentford *****

I've seen him around, but have no idea what he does. He looks like Brad Friedel.

Player liason officer i think is his title - Levy's brother in law, all round top guy by all accounts. Someone told me he used to be a sniper in the army - not sure how true that is

The commentators said that for most of the game Hoj and Skipp had to deal with 3 midfielders!
Then Jensen came on and they couldn't cope with 4 so Winks came on to help out. Simple pimples.
Winks played well I thought. Much more progressive and confident, tried a few riskier passes, back heel, tried to beat a few men, good stuff.

I thought it was another good cameo from Winks yesterday - played a peach of a pass to someone in behind the defense at one point

Player liason officer i think is his title - Levy's brother in law, all round top guy by all accounts. Someone told me he used to be a sniper in the army - not sure how true that is

I thought it was another good cameo from Winks yesterday - played a peach of a pass to someone in behind the defense at one point

Think that pass was into Sonny and he should have done better. Was a super ball and Winks still has that in his locker. Hit a great one into Harry first time in a recent game too. Thought Winks did really well when he came on one stinking ball aside.

Skipp was my MOTM by a distance but we had a lot of solid performances and a few very good ones. Good team display. Nothing to get too over excited about but grounds for cautious optimism. Hopefully we pick up a few more points before Liverpool at home and then we will have a real test in terms of how good we are.

To be a couple of points off top 4 with a game in hand is a good position to be in given all the circumstances of this season.

Last edited:
Skipp was my MOTM by a distance.
I'm pleased it was a decent performance, given your efforts to get there from Ireland.

Yes I thought Skipp was excellent, as were Son and Reguilon. What a goal from those 2 and Kane, really brilliant. Dier and Davies and the ageless Moura also did loads of good things.
Hoj was OK, he does a LOT of shouty pointy gesticulating, at one point he was even doing it to himself as he dribbled the ball, it has become some sort of autistic tic.
Emerson was a bit cautious but maybe that was his role. Sanchez was his usual self, looks nervy and gets pressured but didn't give away a penalty or anything too traumatic.

The positive today for me was the energy showed by the team. Defended in numbers and attacked with pace.

The negatives we have too many non passers in the team. That Kane has to drop deep to spray passes around dilutes his goalscoring imho. So we desperately need a playmaker in January.

I cannot believe that a manager as successful as Jose would have skimped on fitness training.

I'm pleased it was a decent performance, given your efforts to get there from Ireland.

Yeah was happy on that score. The antigen test in Stanstead was a piece of tinkle to be fair. Straight through and out and results were with me before I even got off at Tottenham Hale. Got a text at the airport this morning though saying the government here had shifted the implementation date to Sunday so I didn't need it. Must ask the government for my 35 quid back.

That said, I thought I wouldn't be making the game on Tuesday so to get here and home pretty much hassle free, had a nice few pints and sing song, we won, good performance and Woolwich lost - that's a couple of days well spent.

Yeah was happy on that score. The antigen test in Stanstead was a piece of tinkle to be fair. Straight through and out and results were with me before I even got off at Tottenham Hale. Got a text at the airport this morning though saying the government here had shifted the implementation date to Sunday so I didn't need it. Must ask the government for my 35 quid back.

That said, I thought I wouldn't be making the game on Tuesday so to get here and home pretty much hassle free, had a nice few pints and sing song, we won, good performance and Woolwich lost - that's a couple of days well spent.

Is there a testing place in the terminal once you land at Stansted? I'm coming through Stansted next weekend and last time I used a drive through test in one of the car parks there.

Thought that was very good. Somewhat lucky break to go ahead without creating much up to that point, but we were the better team at 0-0 too.

Difficult to judge Brentford on the night, did they have a poor game or did we make them play worse. Probably a bit of both, but I definitely expected that to be harder.

For further up the pitch most of the game, more Leeds second half, less Leeds first half.

We're actually pressing like a unit again. Not peak Pochettino pressing, but we don't need to do that. But as a unit, solid, consistent, smart. A unit of 11 players. Very good to see.

Limited the supply and quality of supply to Toney very well. Were up for it physically and seemed full of energy. No doubt helped by not playing the Burnley game, but still. We know all too well how we could have more made that an advantage in the past.

Is there a testing place in the terminal once you land at Stansted? I'm coming through Stansted next weekend and last time I used a drive through test in one of the car parks there.

Yeah, it’s a Collinson one. You come through arrivals and you can’t miss it. It’s on the right hand side as you come out. If you prebook, you’ll be straight through. I’d pre booked and gave myself about half an hours buffer in case flight was delayed and they still saw me right away. There was a couple in front of me who hadn’t and they had to do all the paperwork and stuff but I’d imagine they got through handy enough. Just less hassle if you pre book.

Really efficient operation to be fair.

Yeah, it’s a Collinson one. You come through arrivals and you can’t miss it. It’s on the right hand side as you come out. If you prebook, you’ll be straight through. I’d pre booked and gave myself about half an hours buffer in case flight was delayed and they still saw me right away. There was a couple in front of me who hadn’t and they had to do all the paperwork and stuff but I’d imagine they got through handy enough. Just less hassle if you pre book.

Really efficient operation to be fair.

Ah perfect, I rented a car last time then drove through the Collinson Testing site in one of the airport car parks. No queue and really quick but doing it inside the airport would be less hassle, Cheers for the info.

Thought that was very good. Somewhat lucky break to go ahead without creating much up to that point, but we were the better team at 0-0 too.

Difficult to judge Brentford on the night, did they have a poor game or did we make them play worse. Probably a bit of both, but I definitely expected that to be harder.

For further up the pitch most of the game, more Leeds second half, less Leeds first half.

We're actually pressing like a unit again. Not peak Pochettino pressing, but we don't need to do that. But as a unit, solid, consistent, smart. A unit of 11 players. Very good to see.

Limited the supply and quality of supply to Toney very well. Were up for it physically and seemed full of energy. No doubt helped by not playing the Burnley game, but still. We know all too well how we could have more made that an advantage in the past.

Difficult to tell what happened to brentford, were they overawed by tge stadium and crowd?
That was the best I've heard the crowd for a while.

I think that he's using 3-4-3 as a stepping stone to a 3-5-2. I think that Ndombele is better with the pitch in front of him, so can have more impact of the game at #8 than #10 but I think that it will take him longer to adapt to Conte's system and what he expects of him

It's interesting that we switched to 3-5-2 for the last 15 minutes last night @braineclipse. I wonder if that was a dress rehearsal for some of the tougher fixtures coming up.

More signs that Conte is getting his thoughts across to the team, we played a much more controlled game and really did not look under any pressure from Brentford.

Skippy MOM for me.

The commentators said that for most of the game Hoj and Skipp had to deal with 3 midfielders!
Then Jensen came on and they couldn't cope with 4 so Winks came on to help out. Simple pimples.
Winks played well I thought. Much more progressive and confident, tried a few riskier passes, back heel, tried to beat a few men, good stuff.

Steady on we've already had to stop blaming Dier for everything, people just ain't ready to give up an other s capegoat yet.

Back